Literary Hoes discussion

Harry Potter... No spoilers, please!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:49AM) (new)

Michael | 7 comments Mod
Who's reading/has read Deathly Hollows?

message 2: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:49AM) (new)

Sarah | 2 comments pg. 267 I'm trying to pace myself but it's futile.

message 3: by Santos (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:50AM) (new)

Santos | 5 comments i just have the last 200 pages to go. It has a few slow parts but once the action pics up wowser. and the cover makes sense to me fininally (I think i have the UK edition, with all its brit speak. Damn canada). I expect nothing less from J.K. but a slow read till the ending. No wonder they butcher the script for the movies.

message 4: by Michael (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:52AM) (new)

Michael | 7 comments Mod
DONE! 5 sleepless days, and I am happy.

message 5: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:53AM) (new)

Sarah | 2 comments I'm sticking to my original theory of the twin cores in regards to finishing.

I am interested in the UK edition, the covers are so much more authentic - Santos is the Brit edition wording very different? Ideally I'd like a complete set, leather bound in burgundy or chestnut, with gold piping for the kiddies. Also a Nimbus 2000.

message 6: by Santos (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:54AM) (new)

Santos | 5 comments I hear that the difference is in a matter of slightly different phrasing, covers, fonts and page numbers. I actaully (for once) like the UK cover over the US version. They use different slang also, so i had to draw into Abfab Vocab to know what a few things were. Other then that I hear its the same story.

message 7: by Santos (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:54AM) (new)

Santos | 5 comments I aslo became increasingly aware that Ron and the rest of the weasley boys used the term Oi! quite often. it was distracting at first, like me coming home and yall realizing that i only speak french now (neva gonna happin, i still ain't got inglish good enuff).

message 8: by Michael (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:54AM) (new)

Michael | 7 comments Mod
Oi is only Yo backwards...