Guilty Pleasures discussion

Reading Brokeback Mountain

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hiram (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:49AM) (new)

Hiram | 12 comments Mod
If you're interested in Annie Proulx's story or Ang Lee's film or the cultural significance of either, check out new collection of essays Reading Brokeback Mountain: Essays on the Story and the Film. Not just recomminding because I have an essay in the collection; I think the editor, Jim Stacy, did a great job. He's one of the best editors I've worked with. There are 15 essays, representing a broad array of critical approaches and different readings.

message 2: by Jim (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:52AM) (new)

Jim Stacy | 1 comments I appreciate Hiram's kind words about our child, the anthology on Brokeback Mountain. I have just posted a lengthy description of the book at
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10.... [I'm not sure how to get to this entry via the home page/:]

I am new to this group and to goodreads, and look forward to mining its riches and to finding more time to write.

Let me close by expressing how strong Hiram's essay is; as I wrote to Hiram, his essay "glows with insight." If you're a Brokeback fan (or not), we hope you give the book a read.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh I definitely want to read this!