Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Inappropriate Cover Suggestion

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisa928) | 96 comments A "deleted member" added some inappropriate pictures covers for a book. As a librarian I flagged the update but know they sometimes take a few days to review. Should I delete the cover images noting they are not covers at all or leave them? I would provide the links here but I know that is not liked.

message 2: by Deon (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3390 comments are you saying that the images are not book covers? and the data has been vandalized? if yes than ...
you can either leave it and let the staff take care of it OR you can delete the images, adding a library comment for others coming across this and wondering why the covers were removed

i would assume "deleted member" is gone because of this

are you needing assistance doing this? if not i don't thinking posting the links is necessary.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisa928) | 96 comments As a librarian I deleted the images but they still appear to be showing as thumbnails in the other editions.

I have a suspicion who the deleted member is and think they removed themselves, but it is suspicion and I do not want to make potentially false accusations.

Do you see the images or are they gone?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 4: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 72 comments I still see the inappropriate thumbnails

message 5: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (notemily) | 469 comments I would think that's a caching issue and they'll go away on their own.

message 6: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Covers are heavily cached. The covers are gone, but the little thumbnail images will stick around for a day or two before changes roll through the whole database.

message 7: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl A day or two more of buttloaf.

message 8: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl (Think of the children.)

message 9: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "(Think of the children.)"

i just blew soda out my nose. are you trying to kill me lobstergirl?!

message 10: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl The dangers of Sodastream! You should not let your nose go near one.

message 11: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "The dangers of Sodastream! You should not let your nose go near one."

(Think of the noses?)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6777 comments Are those real books? No information, seems like they could just be deleted.

message 13: by Deon (last edited Nov 08, 2014 07:02PM) (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3390 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "seems like they could just be deleted."

I agree

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6777 comments I deleted them.