You MUST Love YA To Be Here discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Delirium Buddy Reading

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Nov 08, 2014 03:10PM) (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) | 595 comments Enjoy:D

message 2: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) Thank you Kitty :)

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) | 595 comments No prob:)

message 4: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) When do we start?

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) | 595 comments Whatever date you guys decide on

message 6: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) I'm ready to start now so whenever you're ready Aisha :)

message 7: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Yea we can start now. And let it be a free read?

message 8: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Yea we can start now. And let it be a free read?

message 9: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Im a slow reader

message 10: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) Yeah, that's fine, when would you want to check back to see what we think of the book so far? There are twenty-seven chapters... We could check back after we have finished three chapters, we'll just post on here when we get that far and talk about what we think... If you don't want to do that and think of something else that's fine too :) I'm up for whatever.

message 11: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Yea that sounds great. After every 3 chapters we can discuss

message 12: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) Sounds good :) Talk to you soon.

message 13: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) I just finished reading Chapter 3. So far, I really enjoy the world building and the explanation of amor deliria nervosa.
But what did Hana mean when she said that "you can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes"?

message 14: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) I just finished as well, and so far I completely agree with you about the amor deliria nervosa . I did not expect that to be the whole background to the book, but I definitely think I am going to be enjoying it very much.

I think Hana meant that without a little sadness in your life you can't fully be happy. If you just went through life always being happy you wouldn't know the true value of it. Bad things have to happen to you to know the true meaning of happiness. That might not even clarify for you, but that's what I was thinking.

message 15: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Nope I get it. Thanks for explaining. Do you think Hana has the disease?

message 16: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) Yeah, I do, or if she doesn't have the disease it's like she wants to have it. I am nervous to keep on reading because I'm scared she will do something while in the evaluation room.

What do you think?

message 17: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) I definitely think Hana is going to cause a commotion while being evaluated. I dont think she wants to be evaluated, she doesn't seem like the type of person who likes being told what to do.
Lena seems more submissive.
Now gonna see what happens next!

message 18: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) Yeah, I completely agree. Lena reminds me a lot of myself (mostly the description of what she looks like).

I'm going to school right now for a test, but I'll jump back into it tonight :)

ENJOY!

message 19: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Good luck on your test!

message 20: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) Thank you :)

message 21: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) So I just finished reading the next 3 chapters. Here are my thoughts: (view spoiler)

message 22: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) Sorry for writing back so late, I have had a lot of school work, but I just finished the next three chapters and I agree with you about Lena. She got so excited about lying and getting past the security, but she really did not do that well of a job. Alex is someone I do like because he's secretive and he keeps me guessing, which I like. I do think he is a sympathizer though, or something along the lines of that.

Hana is also keeping me on my toes because I do think that she led the to the fence on purpose and she has a secret motive out and I want to know what it is.

I'm enjoying the book so far :)

message 23: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Me too! I love the little blurbs of the SHHH at the beginning of each chapter!

Don't worry about writing back! I know how busy life is with school and/or work, just write whenever your finish the 3 chapters, no rush. If you can't get to the 3 chapters a day, don't sweat it! School is way more important.

message 24: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) I should be able to finish three chapters a day, no problem, but yeah some days I may be behind just a tad, but tonight, I'll finish the next three, definitely :)

Thanks so much for understanding though!

message 25: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) Well, I finished reading the next three chapters and I am not too sure how I feel about them. I feel like they haven't really gone anyway, but that may just be me.

(view spoiler)

Anyway, I just rambled on about a bunch of nonsense :p I can't wait to start on chapter 10 now!

message 26: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) Well, I finished the three after that, too.

(view spoiler)

message 27: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) I am extremely behind (Chapter 10) but here are my thoughts thus far.

I completely agree about Lena's reaction to when Alex told her that he liked her. I know in this society, love is a disease but it kills me to think that Lena wasn't as happy as i would like her to have been. She's still too uptight for me.
I think Alex is extremely sweet and I feel like Invalid is such a derogatory word. And i hate how awkward Lena is still with Hana.

message 28: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) I completely agree :) and don't worry about being behind. I was just worried if something had happened because you weren't on for a few days. Hope all is well!

message 29: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Oh yea work just got overwhelming and I had a family party last night and wasn't home last night

message 30: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) No big deal :) I understand because school feels like it takes up my life.

message 31: by Erica (last edited Nov 28, 2014 09:35AM) (new)

Erica (_divingunder) Chapters 13, 14 and 15
Well a lot has happened in these three chapters. Crazy how only a three chapters can change the whole momentum of the book. I never thought that any of this would happen but it has and I am so very happy that it did.

(view spoiler)

message 32: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) How is your reading coming along, Aisha? :)

message 33: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Hey sorry for such a delay, I had eye surgery so I can't read much, I've only read up to chapter 13.

message 34: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) Oh, I hope all is well. Don't worry about it. Whenever you can read, is fine. :)

message 35: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) As soon as my eyesight is less blurry I will finish it immediately. Did u finish yet,
Oh and happy belated thanksgiving !!

message 36: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) I have not finished yet, I started reading another book along with it. I'm on chapter nineteen :)

And happy belated thanksgiving to you too!! Hope your recovery goes well.

message 37: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Thank you!
I found an audiobook for delirium and am listening now. Will write when I have finished the next 2 chapters

message 38: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Listening to chapter 16. I should be all caught up by tonight.

1. I hated that scene where Riley (the next door neighbors dog) is dying. That really bothered me :(

2. I find it really strange that the raids are so violent. They can basically get away with any heinous crime and it's unbelievable.

3. I'm so happy Alex and Lena are together. She is much less uptight now.

message 39: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) I agree with everything that you've said. Hope you enjoy the next few chapters :)

message 40: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Just finished chapter 19.
The wild sounds like such a free and beautiful place. I must admire Lena for her bravery to get past the fence. I loved the part when Alex read poetry to Lena, that was adorable.

And Brian Scharf sounds like a gross, disgusting jerk. He has some nerve to say that Lena isn't pretty. I was kinda hoping for a love triangle. But Brian sounds pathetic.

I really hope Lena and Alex run away before Lena gets her procedure.

message 41: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) You couldn't have set it better. I love twists and turn in the romantic area of books but Brian was a total loser. I'm glad we're on the same part now :)

message 42: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Finally finished Delirium, I gave it 4.5 stars.
What do u think?

message 43: by Erica (new)

Erica (_divingunder) I finished as well, and give it 4.5 as well, I really enjoyed the book :)

Thanks for the buddy read and I hope your recovery is going well!

message 44: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) I haven't seen this till now. Thank you, my eyes are much better now! It was nice reading with you!

PS. Kitty, we are done with this buddy read

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.