The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5) The Blood of Olympus discussion

It Can't Be Over Yet

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Magpie We NEED to see:
-Percy and Annabeth go to ollege, grow up a little more...I mean...how cool would it be to see their freaking WEDDING?
-Leo and Calypso's return. I mean it. We have no CLUE where they went, I would take a book all about their adventures. I mean, I'm pretty darn confident Magnus Chase is going to run into them. Like, pretty pretty please?
-Nico and Will deserve a love story. I mean, I feel like we only saw the beginning. I want to see the bickering, the trouble with being accepted...all of it. It would make a BEAUTIFUL story, no?
-Reyna needs a boyfriend. She can't be forever alone. She's too good a person, too strong a woman...and mostly she's lonely. And she needs a BFF too...which I think Nico was becoming. She and Nico can become like, besties. Yes.
-GROVER?! WHERE'D YA GO? WHATCHA DOIN? I CARE!
Rick, we need to see them again. I'm sorry.
I MIGHT even let them go if there was an epilogue. But you don't believe in them. SO you must write until Percy's 80.

message 2: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia Hufstetler i totally agree it cant be over!!!!

Matthew Um, yes it can be over. Riordan has stated on numerous occasions he will not write distant epilogues, and for a middle grade series, it's already stuffed with romance.

Aeia Let's hope for the answers in the next crossover short story since it's Percy's pov. Or... maybe we should hope that Rick will change his mind and not make it a short story anymore, right?

Shiah I really feel like it isn't over because of the strange ending. I kinda think that because it was so unexplained and he left so many loose ends that he might do a cross over series. He's said that he wants to do that many times so I'm hoping that's whats going to happen. I really really really really want an explanation to everything. It seems that after the large series and difficult storyline the ending was bland and blunt. I really don't think its over.

Chloe Armstrong Whoa everybody chill he's making another book! Everything's gonna be A-OK

Shiah Is he? Could you maybe put up a link or something for info? Cause I really want to read more about that.

Chloe Armstrong Well he's my friend on goodreads but also its in the very back of Blood if Olympus.
Go to Rick Riordans website there might be information there.

Matthew Shiah wrote: "Is he? Could you maybe put up a link or something for info? Cause I really want to read more about that."

The Sword of Summer will be the first installment in "Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard," which will deal with Norse (Viking) mythology.

Chloe Armstrong Ughh really? Vikings are so boring.
But on the lat page of blood if olympus it says that in 2015 Riordan is coming out with yet another book in the heroes of Olympus series.

Chloe Armstrong Mr. Genius Matt

Matthew I believe The Sword of Summer was the book (and Magnus "Annabeth's cousin" Chase the series) that was being referred to at the end (at least it was on my Kindle edition) There is The Crown of Ptolemy, the third crossover with The Kane Chronicles, narrated from Percy's first-person POV, but that's a short story, not a novel.

Shiah Oh the Swords of Summer I thought you meant like another PJO/HoO book.

Shiah Sword* autocorrect

Patricia Be thankful for fanfictions.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Chloe wrote: "Ughh really? Vikings are so boring.
But on the lat page of blood if olympus it says that in 2015 Riordan is coming out with yet another book in the heroes of Olympus series."

He is? I thought it was the viking thing that was coming out in 2015.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

and maybe Rick SHOULD write about Percy until he's eighty like the Alice books.

Magpie Uh shyeah. I mean it might get a little slow-
annnnnaaabeeetttthhhh" "what? Did you say something?"

Magpie But it's Percy so who freaking cares,!

Gracie Obviously there is a reason that he is making the protagonist of his new series related to Annabeth. That is not something he would do unintentionally. Also, haven't we learned by now that he enjoys torturing his readers? He announced Magnus Chase just in time for the BoO release, and now he is making us wait a year. Also, in a video he said that we would have to wait and see how the world's intertwine. I don't think he is quite done with Percy.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

BUT.... there's a chance that we might see him in the Magnus Chase series.

Emily Bennett Magpie wrote: "We NEED to see:
-Percy and Annabeth go to ollege, grow up a little more...I mean...how cool would it be to see their freaking WEDDING?
-Leo and Calypso's return. I mean it. We have no CLUE where t..."

AMEN!!!

Matthew Julianna wrote: "IT CANT BE OVER IT IS NOT FAIR!! THIS SERIES HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL AND I AM GOING TO MISS THE CAMPS!!!"

Denial is the first stage ;)

Shiah And the second is tears

Chloe Armstrong And the third is rage

Shiah And the forth is knowing you will never move on because the story will be a part of you forever.

message 28: by Hailey (new)

Hailey You cant just end the last book in a series with the word unknown!!!!
I need to see everyone's reaction to Leo not being dead!!! I need baby Jacksons!!!!

Chloe Armstrong And the fifth is the sadness that your life will never be the same because you're such a nerd that these characters have become your best friend.

Gracie Marie(hera) wrote: "BUT.... there's a chance that we might see him in the Magnus Chase series."

I agree with you, person. I am hoping that the uncle mentioned in the blurb is Frederick Chase, Annabeth's father, and therefore, we will meet Percy, Annabeth, and maybe some of their other friends.

Muse-ic ♬ CabinSixCamper wrote: "Marie(hera) wrote: "BUT.... there's a chance that we might see him in the Magnus Chase series."

I agree with you, person. I am hoping that the uncle mentioned in the blurb is Frederick Chase, Ann..."

as awesome as that would be, I don't think Rick would put in any more than vague connections to Percy...etc. because it would probably bring many other problems due to clashing mythologies. I would still be nice though :)

Muse-ic ♬ very possible!

Casperdb I also think that they should face chaos and night in the mortal world they have to unite some of the MINOR gods to help with the war against the ultimate gods

Matthew CabinSixCamper wrote: "Marie(hera) wrote: "BUT.... there's a chance that we might see him in the Magnus Chase series."

I agree with you, person. I am hoping that the uncle mentioned in the blurb is Frederick Chase, Ann..."

Um, if Frederick is Annabeth's father (and is in San Fransisco), then he can't also be her uncle unless there's some VERY weird shenanigans with blood relatives…

message 35: by Vanessa (last edited Nov 27, 2014 12:29PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vanessa Everything hurts and I`m dying..... Like i WANNA know more! Rick Riordan literally hurt me. And he ended it with Leo and Calypso. And I ADORE Leo. And all i get is `Leo spurred his dragon Festus and together, they soared into the night.` Like seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanessa Emily wrote: "Magpie wrote: "We NEED to see:
-Leo and Calypso's return. I mean it. We have ..."

AMEN, too.

Gracie Matthew wrote: "CabinSixCamper wrote: "Marie(hera) wrote: "BUT.... there's a chance that we might see him in the Magnus Chase series."

I agree with you, person. I am hoping that the uncle mentioned in the blurb ..."

I mean Magnus' uncle. It mentions Magnus' uncle in the blurb for the Sword of Summer. I am hoping that he is Annabeth's cousin and that the uncle with be Frederick Chase, Annabeth's father.

Gracie Bianca (aka Leah) wrote: "Muse-ic wrote: "CabinSixCamper wrote: "Marie(hera) wrote: "BUT.... there's a chance that we might see him in the Magnus Chase series."

I agree with you, person. I am hoping that the uncle mention..."

I agree. I think that he does want to do something complicated with the mythologies meeting each other. As is the very nature of Rick Riordan--making fans wait in suspense FOREVER and then doing something crazy but yet expected or unexpected.

Muse-ic ♬ I feel like some of his things are expected and others are like "woah! where did THAT come from? "

Magpie Rick's probably like
"I'm just gonna go on with my life, it's really nice that you like my book so much..."
and we're like
"Wait, wait, okay, but what about Percy?"
"Well...hahaha....you know I can't keep writing one series forever, right?"
"Okay....but you'll keep doing Percy books, right?"
Percy Jackson is not a series.
He is our God.

Chloe Armstrong Magpie wrote: "Rick's probably like
"I'm just gonna go on with my life, it's really nice that you like my book so much..."
and we're like
"Wait, wait, okay, buthe'what about Percy?"
"Well...hahaha....you know I ca..."

Amen. Percy Jackson is our God. Rick Riordan gave me a childhood that I can look back on and say " hey, I had Percy so my life couldn't have sucked that much!" But he's tearing me apart. I NEED Percy Jackson To SURVIVE!

message 42: by Izzy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Izzy I need to see what happens to Leo.