Bizarro Fiction discussion

ANCIENT STUFF (archives) > Holiday Reads

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresatheterrible) | 299 comments Mod
So, its about that time of the year when everyone gets together and spends ridiculous amounts of money to prove how much they love their family. Yeah, Christmas/Kwanzaa/Hanukah/Solstice/Whatever. There are several books out there dealing with the holidays in a rather bizarre fashion. Would any of you guys like to blow of that nauseating holiday feeling by reading one of our Bizarro holiday books like 'Christmas On Crack,' or 'The Human Santapede'? There's several more, I just wanna gauge everyone's response here. If we have enough people interested, we can do a vote on which book we read and everything! YAY!!! Lemme know if you wanna break up all that holiday cheer with some twisted shit! Thanks!!!
~Teresa~

message 2: by Auntie (new)

Auntie Raye-Raye (fabulousraye) Oh, I would love a Holiday read. I haven't read STRANGEHOUSE CHRISTMAS or THE HUMAN SANTAPEDE. Is that one out? (Santapede, I mean.)

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Argyros | 17 comments I already own both Sausagey Santa and Christmas on Crack but haven't started either. I'd vote for either or both of them!

message 4: by Donald (new)

Donald Armfield | 157 comments Mod
I'll vote for Christmas on Crack. Or any at that. Spread some Christmas weirdness.

message 5: by Teresa (new)

Actually, The Human Santapede is out as far as I know...I have a copy along with some crazy ass Christmas Cards lol...but I also have Christmas On Crack. I'm down for whatever...

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Argyros | 17 comments Well, I just pre-ordered the Kindle version of The Human Santapede. It should be delivered on November 15 so there's one more I'm down with reading with you all.

message 7: by Teresa (new)

Hey now! You know my M.O., chick! I have no shame in my game! Actually, YOU are the one that got me hooked! LOL...remember me PMing you bout mass ordering Rooster Republic titles? That was my first order straight from a publisher/author...and I know you saw those Human Santapede Christmas cards! I HAD to have a few, so I PMed Adam Millard and asked how much for 'Larry,' 'The Human Santapede,' and 'Hamsterdamned!' I can't say for sure how you get the Christmas cards other than going straight through him. I'm guessing it'd be kinda hard to meet with him at a Con, as he lives in England (this was the first time I got 'Royal Mail' too lol). Anyway, I'm sure he'd love to sell some more! Hit that British bastard up for some true Santapede action!!! <3

message 8: by Teresa (last edited Nov 09, 2014 11:30PM) (new)

Oh, and as for titles, I can think of a few:
#1. A Very StrangeHouse Christmas
#2. Christmas on Crack(I don't think this one is available on Kindle though, and processing time was a couple weeks, which is why I ordered mine early)
#3. The Human Santapede
#4. Sausagey Santa
#5. Santa Steps Out: A Fairy Tale for Grown-Ups
#6. Santa Claus Conquers the Homophobes

Can anyone think of any others? The only one I've already read was A Very StrangeHouse Christmas, and I loved it. I believe I did a pretty detailed review of that one, but there may be spoilers so be careful if you wanna read it. And I'm TOTALLY down for reading more than one of these titles if everyone else wants to. Totally up to you guys! I'm super excited about this holiday read!!! Hopefully we gather up quite a few of us! Until then, I believe there's a group read going on now with HAMSTERS! A Fabulous Anthology...that'll tide ya over 'til the holidays!!! You guys are rocking this group! Keep it up, ya fuckin weird-os!!! <3

message 9: by Donald (new)

Donald Armfield | 157 comments Mod
Elves of fuck by Jordan Krall

message 10: by Teresa (new)

I'm not 100% sure on this since my copy of 'Christmas on Crack' is at home and I'm at work, but I think The Elves of Fuck is the first story in Christmas on Crack...

message 11: by Rodney (new)

Rodney | 81 comments I vote for Human Santapede. I would also do the any of the others, though it does look like the paperback only ones could take a while to ship.

message 12: by Auntie (new)

Auntie Raye-Raye (fabulousraye) Jordan's story is in CHRISTMAS ON CRACK.

message 13: by Chris (new)

Chris (crmass) | 2 comments Over the last few Christmases I've read Sausagey Santa, Christmas on Crack, and Santa Steps Out: A Fairy Tale for Grown-Ups. This year I'll be continuing the Santa Claus Chronicles with Santa Claus Conquers the Homophobes, but some of those other ones sound pretty interesting.

message 14: by Teresa (last edited Nov 20, 2014 01:01PM) (new)

Hey guys! In case you missed the e-mail and the posts in the Bizarro groups on Facebook, there's a poll for which Christmas books we'll read up now. Top two are our reads! But, unfortunately, the poll is only open 'til next Wednesday (I had to do it like that so we'd have a few days left to buy the book). Some of the books say they're out of stock on Amazon, but most are available on Kindle. Also, I believe they list them as 'out of stock' or 'may take 1-6 weeks to process' even when they're print on demand. I've never had to wait even close to that long for anything from Amazon. Still I listed the ones available for Kindle along with their prices on the comments section of the poll. And, I bought my copy of 'The Human Santapede' straight from Adam Millard...the plus side in doing that is that he'll probably send you a Christmas card or two that looks like the cover of the book. Perfect for creeping out your friends and family! Soooo, get your asses over there and vote! Then break out the eggnog and get shitty! Cheers!

Oh yeah, here's a link to the poll: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (frellathon) Twisted shit for the holidays sounds great.

message 16: by Teresa (new)

Alright, fellow holiday Bizarro readers...the voting on the polls closed and we have The Human Santapede as the winner, along with Christmas on Crack as the second place book. What do you all think? Wanna read both, or just one? Obviously, if we just read one, it'll be The Human Santapede, since it did win. Let me know what you all think. I'll create a new thread and send out a mass e-mail to everyone in the group so we can start December off right! Thanks guys!

message 17: by Auntie (new)

Auntie Raye-Raye (fabulousraye) Oh goood. I was hoping for THE HUMAN SANTAPEDE. I'm okay with re-reading CHRISTMAS ON CRACK.

message 18: by Rodney (new)

Rodney | 81 comments I just got my copy of Santapede!

message 19: by Rodney (new)

Rodney | 81 comments Christmas on Crack is on it's way as well. Obviously, I am up for both.