Kíngdσm σf Hσpє [ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ] discussion

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The swamps are located towards the tribal side of the borderlands. They are generally uncharted, and people have been known to hide from the king's punishments here.

Roleplay!

message 2: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
Mena had reluctantly left her children, Aislinn and Alastor, in the care of her aunt, the final message being something along the lines of Mena needing a break. Unsure of what to do, Mena had walked for a while, finally arriving in the swamps.

message 3: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
Mena's boots squelched in the mud. She rolled her eyes at her aunt's diagnosis of her fatigue. "I take breaks. I've got a healthy sleep pattern. Don't know what that mad woman has gotten into her head," Mena muttered. "I'm fine!" The last part of her rambling came out louder than she'd intended. Mena looked wildly around, wondering if anyone had heard her. She then spotted a figure not too far ahead, nearby what looked like...a horse?

message 4: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
Mena took a few steps as well. The figure appeared feminine, but it was a bit hard to tell because of the cloak and lighting. "Mena," she said uncertainly. "What's yours?"

message 5: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
"I was bored," Mena lied. If she wasn't mistaken, the 'Nesse' she was speaking to was Princess Lyonesse, and she didn't want to chance anyone finding out about her and Varden's relationship.

message 6: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
Mena shrugged nonchalantly. "Probably was. I don't see anyone else out here." She cocked her head at Nesse. "Why do you ask?"

message 7: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
Mena glanced around at the vast, sparsely wooded area around her. "They're a bit dark," She said. "I don't think they're creepy, though. I just wish there weren't so much mud..."

message 8: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
"I hope it's easier to remove from clothing than it looks," Mena joked. She looked down at the hem of her outfit; she really was going to have one hell of a time getting the sludge out of her skirt.

message 9: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
Mena shook her head. "Not typically, no. I'm usually pretty busy at home," she explained.

message 10: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
Mena considered her answer. "Among other things," she said after a moment.

message 11: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
"I have lots of work at home, too. Chores and that sort of thing," said Mena. She wasn't exactly lying - just not telling the whole truth. "What about you? You come here often?" Mena asked, trying to redirect the conversation.

message 12: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
"Ah. It's nice being outside," Mena replied. She really did enjoy the fresh air out here. Anything was better than the beer-breath of most of the customers occupying the tavern on her shift.

message 13: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
Mena nodded, not quite sure of what to say. She instead chose to look around, admiring the quaint (though quite muddy) area around them. Maybe her aunt had been right about Mena needing a break. Either way, she knew she'd have to revisit here soon; regardless of how creepy anyone else thought the swamps, Mena felt they were starting to grow on her.

message 14: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
Mena halted her reverie, looking up to see she'd been out much longer than she'd expected. "Well, I must get going. It was a pleasure speaking with you, though I never did catch your name..."

message 15: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
Mena blushed, a bit embarrassed she'd forgotten, but shook it off as she began walking briskly to get back to her family.

message 16: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
((The end?))

message 17: by gabbu (new)

gabbu | 853 comments Mod
((Okay))