The Selection: Semi-Advanced Roleplay discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives [ Second Selection ] > Rosaline Peronal

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by mels, awkwardice queen (last edited Feb 21, 2015 01:14PM) (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 3968 comments Mod
[ ] Rosaline Anabelle Peronal || played by Melisquish
(view spoiler)
To say that Rose loves books would be an understatement. She lives for books, can't wait to crack open another one, to enter a new world with new people with new stories. She's not antisocial, or at least she can carry on a conversation, but you can always tell that she'd much rather be curled up in an armchair with a leather bound volume than talk to you. That's just how she is. If you're a child, however, she might smile, beckon you towards her, and pull a fairy tale or some other novel suitable for children from out of nowhere, and sit with you for hours, reading, talking, explaining. She loves children, or at least the children who're willing to come. The others she has no time for, along with adults who say that she needs to take her nose out of her books and join the 'real world.' She doesn't like to admit it, but she harbors a secret dream to publish books herself. She loves to write almost as much as she loves to read, although on paper it never sounds the way it does in her head.
➸ ( ) Maya Adrienne Kingston | | played by [ sʜᴀʜᴅɪᴀ ]
(view spoiler)
There are some who think that Maia is just an empty-headed girl, with nothing worthwhile to say. They are wrong. Yes, Maia keeps to herself a lot of the time, and yes, when she does talk it's not about important matters. But she is not stupid. While she did not excel in school, she is analytical and observant, able to figure things out in very little time. She isn't a very forceful person, and instead goes along with what most other people are doing. It isn't that she doesn't have opinions, but rather that she is too shy to voice them. Nobody has really coaxed Maia out of her shell, and she doesn't think anybody will -- or, at least, not in the near future. Maia once believed in stories and fairy tales, but not anymore. She's grown up now

message 2: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

((Kay it's s really good this you check these because apparently I mess up your characters a lot oops.
And yes we should.))

message 3: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

((Okie you mind going first?))

message 4: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

Rose pushed open the door to her room. She'd left dinner early, stopping at the library on her way back to her room. She'd limited herself to two books, this trip, and she was carrying them as she entered the room. And... There was someone in there. Who? ...oh, her maid. That would make sense. She hadn't met any of her maids, as of yet, but she rather hoped that they'd get along. It'd be hopelessly awkward if they didn't.

She set her books down carefully on her dresser and turned to face her, extending her hand. "Roseline Peronal. But... I guess you already knew that."

message 5: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

She nodded, biting her lip, noting the looking down at the floor. She'd used that trick many times herself. But she was determined to stay on friendly terms with her maid while she was here. "Maia's a pretty name. Prettier than mine, at least. Does it mean anything?"

message 6: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

Rose was fast asleep. It was around midnight after all. Then the alarm blared and she very nearly leaped out of her skin. Blearily her brain began to wonder. Alarm... Loud... Fire? Rebels? Attack?

message 7: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

Rubbing her eyes, trying to wake up, she stumbled out if the bed, her legs getting tangled in the covers.

message 8: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

She nodded quickly, her face pale. She'd heard about rebel attacks before, but in the palace? "There are safe rooms, right?" She'd heard something about that on the tour, and she was fairly sure they were marked on a map in the emergency kits.

message 9: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

message 10: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

((Shad?))

message 11: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

"I-I don't know!" She replied, becoming more panicked by the minute. "I just thought, I mean, if there are rebels outside..." She shut her mouth quickly. They should just go to a safe room, probably. And quickly.

message 12: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

She shook her head. "I... I've never..."

message 13: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

"Isn't the safe room close enough that we won't have to... Encounter any rebels!" She asked, trying to visualize the map of the palace in her head.

message 14: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

"My... what has to be good? My hook?" She asked, trying not to dwell too much on the thought of rebels just outside the door.

message 15: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

She nodded. "Yes, I'm..." She backed up immediately at the sight of the door opening. Maia's stories about rebels waiting outside the door had gotten to her, and se was rather frightened.

message 16: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

Rose's hand clapped over her mouth in horror at the sight of the rebel and she nearly screamed, but at that moment the fast acting Maia started to drag her towards the safe room. As they ran, she dared to look back behind them and was horrified to see a bullet shooting their way. But she was too slow, and watched it impale itself in the maid's side. Horrified, and trying not to scream, she started to drag Maia down the hall, swerving this way and that. It slowed them down, but she'd read somewhere that when people were shooting at you, oh should swerve while you ran.

message 17: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.