The Selection: Semi-Advanced Roleplay discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by mels, awkwardice queen (last edited Mar 07, 2015 03:43PM) (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 3968 comments Mod
[ ] Mae Rose Mercer || played by Laura
(view spoiler)
Mae is possibly the sweetest girl you will ever meet. She's never said an unkind word to anyone in her life. Though she looks like she might be very shy and delicate, Mae is actually a very strong and independent girl. She can withstand many negative or hateful comments, which will be especially helpful during the Selection. If you talk much about her family, though, she will usually break down and start sobbing. She can't control that very much, but if it is needed, then she will. Mae can also be slightly stubborn, and tends to have a free- and outgoing-spirit.
➸ ( ) Marlowe Epiphany Grey | | played by Selia ♡I·ᴍ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄʜᴀsɪɴɢ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ♡
(view spoiler)
Marlowe commonly drifts from reality and can block out almost anything. When she gets into her contemplative moods, it can become a challenge to get her attention. Because of this, Low is very detached and withdrawn. Absent-minded, Marlowe also has trouble focusing on certain things, and becomes bored very easily. She often is too much for people, as she bounces from one thing to the next promptly. She does not seek comfort in other people, but rather her own thoughts. With lacking social skills, Marlowe often insults the people she does talk to. She becomes so caught up in logic that she'll lack emotional consideration. Emotional situations are a bore and waste of time in Low's eyes, and she often receives criticism for her lack of sympathy. She feels that explaining her thought process is also waste of time and avoids human contact as much as possible. Marlowe is very rational and analytical. She must analyze everything from top to bottom and sees the world as a large machine: everything has a purpose. Specializing in taking apart a problem to find the solution, Marlowe has the ability to see the whole picture and all its parts. She sees everything as a challenge and puzzle. Unlike most INTPs, Marlowe is very stubborn and must see the facts herself in order to even consider letting in. Insulting her logic and reasoning is about the worse offense possible, as Low would much rather be seen as unsympathetic than illogical. To her, it's better to be right. This is why you do not want to get on her bad side. Marlowe becomes ruthless to the core when someone has wronged her or insulted her intelligence. One of her greatest flaws is her merciless grudge-holding. At times, her logic may fly out the window in her vengeance as it clouds up her mind. Similarly to her not being tied to reality, Marlowe also despises being tied to regulations. She is very original and cannot be restrained. Routine is not something Low excels at and is often spontaneous. As she is so open-minded, Marlowe has difficulty following one path and changes her tactics constantly. This contradicts with her headstrong attitude, although being told to do something it the real problem, as it rubs her the wrong way. Marlowe is also brutally honest and doesn't let hurt feelings get in the way of her telling it how it is. Keeping others' secrets is nearly impossible for her, yet keeping her own is another story. When it comes to her opinions of others, she does not hold back. She greatly lacks the logic of hurting others' feelings. Truth is vital, she believes, and lying is foolish.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 1174 comments Mae giggled as the two ran into her new room. "We made it!"

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

"Ooh! It's so pretty and big!" Rose said, looking around, "Are we even allowed to be in here right now?"

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 1174 comments "I'm almost positive we aren't supposed to be anywhere else." Mae laughed. "Oh well." She walked over to the closet and opened it. After it was open, her jaw dropped. "Rose, look at this!" She pulled her new friend over and stared at the magnificent dresses, probably similar to the ones that were in Rose's and every other selected girls' closets.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"WOW!" She said, looking at the dress, "It's gorgeous! You should so wear it!"

((What does Mae look like?))

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

((Okay, thanks!))

"Hmm, wear that light blue one!" Rose said, pointing to a flowy light blue dress.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 1174 comments Mae smiled, seeing the dress she was talking about. It was beautiful! Simple enough to wear right now, but still gorgeous. "Should I wear it?"

((http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/530/69...))

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

"Definitely! It would look so cute on you!" She insisted. Rose usually didn't talk fashion, but she really didn't have any friends to even talk about fashion with; it was actually kind of fun.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 1174 comments Mae grinned and carefully took the hanger down. "Yay!" There was a small folding wall to change behind in the corner. A minute later, she came out and twirled. "I love it!" It was the most expensive and beautiful thing she had ever seen, let alone wear.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"Wow! You look fantastical in this dress!" Rose said as she twirled around in it.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 1174 comments Mae blushed a little. "Thanks. Ooh, I have an idea! We should have a fashion show!"

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yes! We should!" Rose replied happily, "First, can we go to my room so I can get dressed in a fancy dress, too?"

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 1174 comments "Of course!" Mae wanted to see the dresses in her closet, too. If they were anything like Mae's, they would be gorgeous.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 1174 comments Mae ran in and scribbled a note to her maids, informing them that she would be spending the night in Rose Blythe's room for a sleepover and would be preparing for breakfast there the next morning as well. Rose grabbed a random light pink dress out of the closet for the next day and a nightgown for sleeping then ran out of the room.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 1174 comments Mae was jolted awake by the sound of a loud siren. Oh my god! What is happening?!? The rebels. It's the rebels. Where do I go?? My maids aren't here. Ugh, Mae, calm down and look for the secret passage they showed you when you first came!!!! Mae hopped out of bed and started searching along the wall for it.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 1174 comments ((Sure!))

Ѕυϻϻεг {"sнσш ϻε λ нεгσ, λπd I'll шгιτε ψσυ λ τгλɢεdψ"} (leovaldez5819) ((k im just waiting for a mod o approve me then I can rp :D Excited!))

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 1174 comments ((Awesome!))

message 22: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

((Mae already has a maid, sorry >.<
Before we give girls two maids, we're trying to ensure that all girls get one.))

message 24: by mels, awkwardice queen (new)

((I believe that Katharina, Amelie, Rhiannon, Peyton, Piper, Lucy, Posy and Alexandrea don't have a maid as of yet.))

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.