All About YA discussion

Zodiac (Zodiac, #1)
This topic is about Zodiac

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
The first book in the Zodiac series by Romina Russell will be released on December 9, 2014.

I read a galley of it, and let me tell you... it's amazing. I am already so excited for the second book!

If you want, you can check out my review.

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
I really want to read this. Partly because of that cover - I just can't find any words to describe how beautiful it is! I'm pretty sure even if I absolutely hate the book I'll still want it on my bookshelf. Plus books set in space really interest me, and this one sounds really cool. I read your review, Erin, good stuff! I think I may be one of those people who gets slightly put off by a book if there's a love triangle, but when they're done well I quite like them. :D

Daisy wrote: "I really want to read this. Partly because of that cover - I just can't find any words to describe how beautiful it is! I'm pretty sure even if I absolutely hate the book I'll still want it on my b..."

Daisy, it's so good. I don't know when it comes out in the UK, but you should absolutely read it. The love triangle really is done well. She hints at it at the beginning, and by the end, there are some developments in it. But it's very much secondary, but still cool in a forbidden love kind of way.

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Thanks, Erin, it sounds awesome! I've read a couple of reviews saying they wish some of the other star signs apart from the main (not sure which that is) played a bigger part, and I must admit, I'm a Libra, and I'd like some representation in this book. Oh well, will have to wait and see.

Daisy wrote: "Thanks, Erin, it sounds awesome! I've read a couple of reviews saying they wish some of the other star signs apart from the main (not sure which that is) played a bigger part, and I must admit, I'm..."

The author does plan on including more people from other star signs in the future books.

I'm a Leo, but with the new star signs, I can either be a Leo or a Cancer. If you're a Libra, I think you'll like the book.

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Well that's good to hear. :)

message 7: by Audryaunna (new) - added it

Audryaunna | 119 comments Is this a series based on each Zodiac sign?

Audryaunna wrote: "Is this a series based on each Zodiac sign?"

Yes. The solar system in the book is based on the Zodiac signs. It's pretty cool.

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Erin wrote: "Audryaunna wrote: "Is this a series based on each Zodiac sign?"

Yes. The solar system in the book is based on the Zodiac signs. It's pretty cool."

Cool! I checked out your review and it seems interesting. :D

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Maybe we should do this as a group read when it comes out ...?

Rose wrote: "Erin wrote: "Audryaunna wrote: "Is this a series based on each Zodiac sign?"

Yes. The solar system in the book is based on the Zodiac signs. It's pretty cool."

Cool! I checked out your review and..."

Thanks, Rose! It really is awesome. I can't wait until my hardcover gets here so I can display it. lol

Daisy wrote: "Maybe we should do this as a group read when it comes out ...?"

We can always add it to the poll for January's BOTM. Would that be okay?

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Yeah, sounds great!

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I'm so excited for this book! It looks like an awesome read.

Hey, everyone! Zodiac officially released on Tuesday! If you read it, be sure to tell us what you think!

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
I have asked for this for Christmas, hope I get it! I'm planning to read it some time 2015 so it will count for the A - Z challenge.

Daisy wrote: "I have asked for this for Christmas, hope I get it! I'm planning to read it some time 2015 so it will count for the A - Z challenge."

It's so good! I really think you'll enjoy it!

Romina was talking with me, Angie, and Tika last night about how much we're loving or excited for the book. She was also working on finishing book two! Eep!

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Erin wrote: "Daisy wrote: "I have asked for this for Christmas, hope I get it! I'm planning to read it some time 2015 so it will count for the A - Z challenge."

It's so good! I really think you'll enjoy it!

R..."

Wow! Fun... I want that book...

Rose wrote: "Erin wrote: "Daisy wrote: "I have asked for this for Christmas, hope I get it! I'm planning to read it some time 2015 so it will count for the A - Z challenge."

It's so good! I really think you'll..."

It's such an amazing book! I think I convinced my mom to read it, and I really think you'd like it too! It's got a lot of adventure, self-determination, and a little bit of romance. :)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Erin wrote: "Rose wrote: "Erin wrote: "Daisy wrote: "I have asked for this for Christmas, hope I get it! I'm planning to read it some time 2015 so it will count for the A - Z challenge."

It's so good! I really..."

Yes. :)

I will order it. :D

Hey, everyone!

Zodiac has been out for a little over a month now. Who's read it?

Caitlen wrote: "Erin wrote: "Hey, everyone!

Zodiac has been out for a little over a month now. Who's read it?"

I'm reading it now! Just under 100 pages in and I am LOVING it so far!!!"

I'm so glad that you're loving it! It's definitely one of my new faves. :)

Hey, everyone! Romina asked me to pass this link along to anyone interested.

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

This group is doing a read-a-long of Zodiac in February. If anyone wants to read it, join the group and discuss it! :)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Thanks, Erin! I joined, and it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. :D Very excited!

message 25: by Daisy (last edited Mar 29, 2016 09:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Hey everyone, have any of you read the second book in this series, Wandering Star, yet? I just finished it and really enjoyed it. There were a couple of things that bothered me, but definitely worth the read if you liked the first book, I'd say.

Here's some spoilery stuff I thought we could talk about:

(view spoiler)

In other news, have you guys seen the cover for the third book? Black Moon (Zodiac, #3) by Romina Russell I think it looks AWESOME and I much prefer it to Wandering Star, maybe even better than Zodiac. Can't wait to read this one and see how everything ends!

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Thanks for attaching the cover! I hadn't seen that, but it looks AMAZING! I agree, can't wait for the end.

(view spoiler)

For me, I never really got the vibe that (view spoiler)

I'm so excited for this book, but then we have to wait another year for the fourth book. It's insane!

Daisy wrote: "Hey everyone, have any of you read the second book in this series, Wandering Star, yet? I just finished it and really enjoyed it. There were a couple of things that bothered me, but..."

It's not the last book. There's definitley a fourth one!

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Erin Lynn wrote: "Daisy wrote: "Hey everyone, have any of you read the second book in this series, Wandering Star, yet? I just finished it and really enjoyed it. There were a couple of things that bo..."

Oh really? I can't wait! The Zodiac Series are such good books..

message 30: by Daisy (last edited Apr 02, 2016 07:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Oh, yeah, somebody told me the other day that there is actually going to be four books and I was like WHAT. I think it's the right decision though and I'm really excited to see how the series shapes out.

(view spoiler)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments (view spoiler)

Xoxoasia | 89 comments I just bought the book and I can't wait to read it.

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Xoxoasia wrote: "I just bought the book and I can't wait to read it."

Hope you enjoy it!

Rose wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler) I need to reread both books! OMG.

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
(view spoiler)