WRITERS' CORNER discussion

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

If you have any story ideas that you would like to share, post them here.

message 2: by Samvarghis (new)

Samvarghis | 23 comments A couple, husband and wife, in their thirties decided to separate. But that night a child of four years came to see them. The child, in fact not a real human being, but just a soul. Soul of the fetus of an abortion they did five years back. The child, a cute girl, want to born on earth. She said she will born only if they are together; she can incarnate as a human being to that couple only. ............

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Ohh that is wonderful

message 4: by Samvarghis (new)

Samvarghis | 23 comments My stories are such, uncommon.

message 5: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick)
Your character can freeze time. And along with time, the rest of the world would freeze. One day, when your character freezes time and hurries to school - because they were late - they pass by another person. That person looks completely ordinary, but there's something wrong. He's moving.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Ohhhhhhhhh suspense I would totally read that

message 7: by alessia (last edited Nov 08, 2014 09:49PM) (new)

alessia (classick)
Your character belongs to a world where once a child is born, the day they would die would be tattooed onto their arms. The date is never miscalculated. Everyone dies on the day which is marked on their arm. It'd been that way for hundreds of years. Until your character wakes up to find that they were supposed to die yesterday.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

dundundunnnn

message 9: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) I know right... I really like that story idea. c:

message 10: by Samvarghis (new)

Samvarghis | 23 comments Develop your idea. write a good story.

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) :)

message 12: by Jean Branson (new)

Jean Branson | 6 comments Darcey Mckelvey | 2 comments Not sure if this is the idea of this section, but here it goes :)

I want to start writing my first novel, now I have chosen Epic Fantasy. I am aware epic fantasy is hard to write because theres a lot going on. With that I said I mainly read epic fantasy so I am writing what I feel I know best.

Here are some of the main plots that will be written. (don't worry about trying to figure out how the plots tie in together or where these plots lay in the world)
At the moment all I know is these are the plots I want to have in the series.

(Note I don't really write a lo9t so planning and writing this will be a BIG journey to go down)

(some plots have been adopted, If you feel the need you can take them and twist them for your own.)

Plot #1:
Elmnern is the most bountiful and most powerful, wealthy nation in all the land. This is due to there king... well partly, who turned the nation right upside down after a century of war, bringing happiness, power and wealth to the people/races. After the century war ended the people of Elmnern started to be born with a unique gift. No one knew and know one still knows what it was like before the war, there where only few historical recorde that had been kept before they were destroyed decades ago, so everyone assumed since there king brought happieness to the nation the balance was restored and their powers returned to them. However they weren't supposed to have these powers anyways. The king is adding zemka to the water, a magical ore/element that he stumbled upon as a boy and heavily relied on it during the war. The moment you are exposed with it, you are captive. while it may give you an ability, it comes at a devastating price that the king isn't aware of.

Plus on top of this, he's enslaved entire other nations along with thousands upon thousands of undesirables who arn't worthy to search let alone mine this element. There's also a rebellion stirring just beyond the Elmnern's gates. Oh, and zemka is in short supply and running out fast.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

Plot #2:

A village way of to the east is plagued constantly with attacks from the Elmnern nation. They pray to what they call there "Maker" to save them and the next morning a clay statue of a female child warrior appears in the square. the villagers are sure it is a sign and worship the statue, much to their surprise the statue has come to life and looks human. they send the warrior out to face enemy camps. Can the warrior actually help shes just a child? Was she sent by the enemy? Does the "maker" exist? Perhaps the warrior has a greater calling?

Plot #3: A long long time ago the world was created by two goddesses. They breathed life into their creations and watched from above as it flourished. then eveil arrived and war brok out. Then, one day an even more evil is stirring and they fear the worst for there world. They decide to go down and stop the evil. However, fitting a goddess into a mortal vessel was not an easy task and so they where incarnated as childern born from clay statues that randommly appears on the world. They grow up remembering nothing of who they are and were. They only know that they had great power, there was someone they had to find, and something they had to fight. (They also don't know each other, the two goddesses)

Well thats it for now tell me what you think and comment any suggestions or cool subplots that would be intresting to try and tie in.

I plan on using all these plots to make one book.

message 13: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) I like that clay statue idea! c: And what's this unique gift, exactly?

message 14: by Jean Branson (new)

Jean Branson | 6 comments I havn't figured that out yet :( Do you have any ideas? I didn't want it to be cliche, I want the unique gift to be well... unique.

message 15: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Hmm, maybe the zemka doesn't really give children a unique gift. Maybe it's like a drug which makes the people happy and almost deliric, because the king couldn't have flipped the tables so easily without a dark side. And when the king ran out of zemka, the next generation of children were free from the delirium and had "magic" - which the zemka suppressed in other zemka-drugged people. These people were banished by the king, because without the zemka in their blood, they can see and feel the wrong and ugly things the king is doing to maintain the power and peace in Elmnern.

message 16: by Samvarghis (new)

Samvarghis | 23 comments Darcey wrote: "Darcey Mckelvey | 2 comments Not sure if this is the idea of this section, but here it goes :)

I want to start writing my first novel, now I have chosen Epic Fantasy. I am aware epic fantasy is ha..."

Before starting an epic fantasy, my suggestion is you must read some great epics. Ramayana, Mahabharata, Iliad, Odyssey are the best. I am sure it will be like a fertilizer to boost your writing.

message 17: by Jean Branson (new)

Jean Branson | 6 comments Never thought of it that way :) The banished people along with fallen nations after the war would be the surrounding communitys outside of Elmnern. Elmnern king would send out his men to then destroy the next generation(to risky to enslave them or punishthem inside the nations walls. The generation thats on zemka can be easily taught lies of where the other generation)The Village thats being "attacked" is the last of the old kingdom if you will. They soldiers arn't really attaching but taking all there food every week or month(I don't know how attaching is good because the small village would be easily wiped out. I need to find a better reason to why the village still stands and why the people arn't enslaved).

message 18: by Jean Branson (new)

Jean Branson | 6 comments Samvarghis wrote: "Darcey wrote: "Darcey Mckelvey | 2 comments Not sure if this is the idea of this section, but here it goes :)

I want to start writing my first novel, now I have chosen Epic Fantasy. I am aware epi..."

I agree. I will look into the ones you suggested, but I have read The wheel of time series and I am starting the Stormlight Archive.

message 19: by Samvarghis (new)

Samvarghis | 23 comments Every Epic has a moral concealed in it, that make it great.

message 20: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Darcey wrote: "Never thought of it that way :) The banished people along with fallen nations after the war would be the surrounding communitys outside of Elmnern. Elmnern king would send out his men to then destr..."

Maybe the village master - or somebody important to the village - struck a deal with the king? Maybe the village master used to be a friend of the king's and the king is in debt to him, so as long as the village master lives, the king will not attack the village. And the king tells his people that the people living in the village are slaves that he sent out to harvest whatever materials that are found at the land where the village is.

But the village master has gotten sick - he could have been poisoned by the king, who can't wait for him to die - and is going to die soon and that means the king will be able to attack the village soon as well.

message 21: by Jean Branson (new)

Jean Branson | 6 comments ◜ϟ◞ ᴀʟᴇssɪᴀ wrote: "Darcey wrote: "Never thought of it that way :) The banished people along with fallen nations after the war would be the surrounding communitys outside of Elmnern. Elmnern king would send out his me..."

I can see that... lol if I end using these ideas you have put out I will make sure I put you name in :)

I was thinking of having more than one main character. So the tory will follow three characters, One will be the king or the kings son or daughter, the second one will be the child warrior(who is the goddess) and the last character will be a lone wolf character who is assigned to kill the king(through the story he meets up with the second goddess in a swamp). That is litterally all I have, I am still fleshing the story out as you already know, lol, thank you for the suggestions and help :)

message 22: by Jean Branson (new)

Jean Branson | 6 comments Darcey wrote: "◜ϟ◞ ᴀʟᴇssɪᴀ wrote: "Darcey wrote: "Never thought of it that way :) The banished people along with fallen nations after the war would be the surrounding communitys outside of Elmnern. Elmnern king w..."

This may be to much or over the top but what if the world was made by a "maker" , by someone in our world who has discovered old magic. The two goddesses are actually real "souls" the souls from the "makers" daughters. The "Makers" daughter past away and he found a way through the new found magic to keep them a live in a fake world with everything about seem real.

This might of been done before.

message 23: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) I think it'd be good to use the king's son or daughter instead of the king himself. And I would really like to read from those viewpoints. c:

Hmm, so you mean the whole world, the king, Elmnern, the zemka, the village, everything would actually be fake? And it was just the daughters' imagination? Well that would be interesting, but then as Samvarghis said, the whole story would need a moral. Like something about human mind and soul behaves. Is it alright to lie to your people if it makes them happy and safe? Or is it only right to show them the truth and let them suffer in fear? White lies or the harsh truth?

message 24: by SleepingEsper (new)

SleepingEsper | 23 comments This is a story I'v been working on and now its finished but I want to knwo what other people think of it. Its about a girl discovers spirit hunting with her 6th sense cause she can see spirits. The main chacater is called Sair and shes a black girl.

Angels, Devils, and Inbetweeners: Prologue
~New Arrival~

Identity Chris.

¨Identity Chris, where are you!¨
I looked in the chambers, the alchemy lair, and the computer labs; he's normally near computers. Then I realize my mistake and how stupid I must feel. This is Chris...even though he's an amazing computer tracer; he's also lazy. I ran up the stairs and into the corridors, the hall-ways were filled with rooms. I kept walking till I made my way towards the door labeled Identity.
I swung open the door, the room was dark and computer pieces laid astray. I saw the bed, it was messy and bulky. I pulled the covers back and there he laid.

Chris.

¨Chris, get up!¨

He muttered and slowly shuffled up-right.
His hair was red and spiky; his skin pale and brown eyes.

Chris said, in a sleepy voice. ¨What's all the commotion...¨

He turned to the shadowy figure.

¨Hey...I¨, Chris began.

No time to talk, There's a spirit needs tracing.

Chris flipped open his lab-top that was on the bed. ¨I'm tracking its spirit energy, now...It's located around the south-side Plaza¨. He said with a yawn..the spirit's confused and disoriented.

¨Chris, send the coordinates to my watch¨. We have no time to lose.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

hmmmmmm

message 26: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Samvarghis wrote: "A couple, husband and wife, in their thirties decided to separate. But that night a child of four years came to see them. The child, in fact not a real human being, but just a soul. Soul of the fet..."

Oooh, gosh! That is such a cool idea!!!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok. So. After watching "The Avengers 1" and "Thor 2: The Dark World". Movies.

I've started making my own HEROES AND VILLAINS stories myself. Except, I don't use RICH-outfits or RICH-buildings. I use a place called a Ghost-Town. Now, there's two different ones. The forest one is for the heroes and the badlands with dead trees are for the villains. It all takes place in PANGEA.