The Sword and Laser discussion

Local Group Meetups > Anyone else going to Arisia 2015? (Boston)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna Chaplin (new)

Joanna Chaplin | 1175 comments Hi, everyone,

I'm registered to attend Arisia 2015. It's a geek everything con at the Westin Boston Waterfront hotel from January 16 - 19, 2015 . The author guest of honor this year is N.K. Jemisin.

I'll wear my Sword and Laser t-shirt on Saturday. Anybody else planning to go?

message 2: by Joanna Chaplin (new)

Joanna Chaplin | 1175 comments I am beginning to think I might be the only S&L member in MA. Maybe even in New England. That's OK. I will hold this location for Lem.

message 3: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6785 comments Mod
Or it's possible that like me, people in your area have never heard of Arisia? Maybe it's well known there though. You might consider adding Boston in parenthesis to your topic though..

message 4: by kvon (new)

kvon | 562 comments I usually go to Boskone, but I just signed up with the Jonathan Coulton Cruise, which falls right between the two cons.

If I do Arisia, I'll try to find you though! I tend towards last minute decisions...

message 5: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8494 comments I'm in New England, but I tend not to go out of my way to be in a crowd.

message 6: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 3958 comments Arisia! Takes me back. I remember when it started, in reaction to Boskone deciding to leave off media and become primarily a book convention. That wasn't an issue until Star Wars and SF media actually became popular.

Used to be that Arisia was in Springfield but I see it is now happily ensconced in Boston, same hotel as the Boskone. The Lensmen would be proud...