What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. 1960's Collection of Chinese Folk/Fairy Tales Red Cloth Cover with Gold Dragon in Bottom Corner

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Barth-williams | 1 comments I am trying to locate a children's book I received in the late 1960's as a Christmas Gift. The book was purchased in the gift store of the Washington National Cathedral in Washington, DC. It was a collection of fables/folk or fair tales from China. It had a dust jacket but beneath the jacket was a red cloth-bound cover with a gold dragon in the bottom right hand corner of the front cover. One of the stories was about a poor young man who wanted to marry a princess but was denied by her father because he did not have enough money. As he or she sat crying about their plight near a Koi pond in the garden, a carp that was listening also began to cry and as it did, it cried tears of magnificent jewels that the young man or princess realized they could gather to satisfy the demand for riches by the unwilling father. If you have any suggestions for the actual book or how I might search for it, I would appreciate it.

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4161 comments You can try http://www.worldcat.org/advancedsearch
and if a record seems likely to be your book, google it to see the cover image (if haven't done that already).

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (misterfive) | 202 comments Do you remember what was on the dust jacket at all?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Elizabeth, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Elizabeth, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.