Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

How long between books?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jamiebu Once you finish a really good book, how long do you wait before you start a new one? I have picked some great ones to read this year, and on a couple of them I was not ready to let go of the characters. My longest time between books this year is 3 weeks... really missed Tris...

message 2: by J (new) - rated it 4 stars

J I read a new book the moment I get it, so about two days to a week (depending on how soon I can get to a library). Most of the time I'm really glad I did.

Shiah I try to read another book as soon as possible. Mostly because after I finish a book/series it feels like reality punched me in the face.

Victoria Baril Me too!

Kaitlin favreau The second I finished the one I'm reading

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd just started with the first one. It is a nice story

Sic Transit Gloria Between stories in a series, I usually wait a day or so. Between starting a new series..about a week.

I think we should call this effect "Book Hangover" or something cool like that.

Julie Jones Depends on mood or time of day. If I finish a book at midnight I wait until sometime the next day to start a new one. If I wrap up one in the morning and still feel like reading, I start a new one immediately. If it's a severely depressing book, like The Road, I'm not in the mood for a couple days.

If it's a series and the next book is available, I binge-read until I'm nearly cross eyed. Thank God for Robert Jordan teaching me patience at an early age, waiting for the next book to come out!

message 9: by Natalie (last edited Nov 26, 2014 09:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Natalie It depends if I really liked the book or not. When I'm finished reading the first book in a series and I really liked it, then I won't read anything unless it's the next book in the series. If it was just a single book and I really liked it, I'll probably wait about a week to start a new book.
If i didn't like the first book in a series, I will usually just forget about it and go right into a new book the next day. Same with a single book.

Julia It depends on the book, for me, and sometimes what I'm doing. Some books take me a really long time to get over (i.e. Allegiant, The Hunger Games trilogy, The Mara Dyer Trilogy, The Fifth Wave trilogy, and many others), and some I can dive into a new book really easily (I think this happened with me with the If I Stay duology). But, uh... I'm in the middle of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and I still haven't picked it up since I finished The Retribution of Mara Dyer, so... it really depends haha