Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1)
This topic is about Lord of the Fading Lands
Previous BRs - Authors; U - Z > Wilson, C.L. - Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul #1); Informal Buddy Read: Starts December 10, 2014

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30933 comments Mod
This topic is open for discussion of Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L. Wilson.

Book Synopsis:
Once he had scorched the world.

Once he had driven back overwhelming darkness.

Once he had loved with such passion, his name was legend...

TAIREN SOUL
Long ago, in the magical holocaust known as the Mage Wars, the immortal Fey and their allies fought to defeat the grasping evil of the Elden Mages and their dark-gifted supporters. During those wars, in a fit of grief-induced madness caused by the death of his mate, Fey shapeshifter Rain Tairen Soul nearly destroyed the world in a blaze of tairen fire.

Now a thousand years later, a new threat calls him from the Fading Lands, back into the world that had cost him so dearly. Now an ancient, familiar evil is regaining its strength, and a new voice beckons him--more compelling, more seductive, more maddening than any before.

As the power of his most bitter enemy grows and ancient alliances crumble, the wildness in his blood will not be denied. The tairen must claim his truemate and embrace the destiny woven for him in the mists of time.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5007 comments I'm going to start this a bit early as I've got an empty space in my reading list.

Anyone else?

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments I have Night Season to read tomorrow, but I could start it on Sunday.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5007 comments Oh great Danielle, I'll start then too. Thank U.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5007 comments I made a start of the first few chapters last night. Took me a moment to get the world building straight but I think I've got it now.

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments I was feeling unwell yesterday, I didn't get any reading done. So the book I was suppose to read yesterday, I did today. I'll start this one in morning.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5007 comments Sure. Hope you are feeling better. I've really got to get a move on with my Christmas preparations but it's just so tempting to sit down and read and think about that stuff.. later.

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments I'm feeling better, thank you.

Yes, why does all that stuff have to get in way of reading. So many interruptions lol

message 11: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (last edited Dec 08, 2014 09:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments I just made a start, just first chapter and I'm finding it interesting. The world takes a moment to understand.

(view spoiler)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments I'm glad for the Key in the back for the meaning of some words

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments I've just finished chapter 3, I'm definitely liking

(view spoiler)

message 14: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (last edited Dec 08, 2014 02:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments Upto Chapter 5

(view spoiler)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5007 comments Afternoon Danielle,

I got stuck into it last night and just finished Chapter 10.

(view spoiler)

As this is a five book series with the story of Rain and Ellie throughout, it does suffer a bit from what I call "First Book Syndrome". There is a lot of world building and setup which can get in the way of the flow of the story and I'm guessing this is a series which gets better with each book.

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Afternoon Danielle,

I got stuck into it last night and just finished Chapter 10.

[spoilers removed]..."

I agree what you say about it being first book. There is a lot of world building to understand. I think this one is the slow build and the other books get better.

(view spoiler)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments I'm done and I have to say I found this book very enjoyable.

(view spoiler)

message 18: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited Dec 09, 2014 06:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5007 comments I've finished as well. I'm going to rate it at 3.5-4 stars, I liked it especially the descriptions of the Tairen Soul in flight and the Ellie mystery, although it did suffer a little from being the first book but I am intrigued enough to read on when I get a chance.

One thing I wasn't sure on, maybe you can shed a little light... (view spoiler)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5007 comments Oh and I loved the character of Bel... I really hope he finds someone to love before the series is finished.

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments On your last spoiler Lisa (view spoiler)

I definitely want to read next book.

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Oh and I loved the character of Bel... I really hope he finds someone to love before the series is finished."

Yes, I loved Bel and hope this happens too.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5007 comments Yes, I totally agree with your spoiler.

If you want to read the next book, I could fit it in sometime between 22 - 31 December if it suits you? Or toward the end of January?

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments I could do the 23rd December.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5007 comments Good one. I'll request a thread. Thanks Danielle.