One x One discussion

1 x 1 > lilყ & Emma [Ancient Rome]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Ciao!! How goes it?

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Im good :) my wrist/arm/shoulder hurts horribly though and I have a concert tomorrow... Grrr.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Yep. My orchestra is playing at college nearby.

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Lol I love egypt!! I actually personally know the minister of antiquities.

Anyway, let's see. Well. I have two characters I can use - ones a boy and ones a girl. And it's in Florence.

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Oh it's a sort of mystery about a murder that happened and someone was set up and exiled because of it. But we can do this before that all happens. I just want to use the characters -- it can really be about anything :D

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Yeah sure.

The is brother of the most powerful man in the city and part of one of the richest families in all of Europe. He's a real person, if you want to look him up - Giuliano de Medici
And the other is the daughter of a merchant and she wants to grow up and study philosophy but her family wants her to be a normal girl and get married and stuff.

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Uhmmm I don't care whatever you want.

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Either, really. You could make someone up! I just need to practice writing with them! You could even make the pope or the duke of Milan or whoever!

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) I don't know. I'm going to use either one or the other. And 1478.

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Ok ;)

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Hello!

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Ok :) Want to do a different time period then?

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Sure!! I'll do Rome :) like Pompeii maybe or something else?

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Oh that's a cool idea. I'll do anything really :)

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Nope not really!!

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) I have an idea for one!!

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Can I make a younger sister of hers perhaps, or the Magister himself ? Or both?

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) ...well naples is in Campagna, maybe her parents were killed in the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius?

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Sorry I just thought of that lol. I can make both ;)

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Maybe he thinks they should go to Rome to present themselves as the emperor, because they're more intelligent than anyone else he's ever taught ? And the emperor can refuse them. So they dress up as men...

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Maybe we should chose the emperor who we want to be ruling? Perhaps Julius Caesar? Maybe there can be some involvement with his murder.

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) I don't know dates in roman history except 79 ad which is Vesuvius... But indeed it would be interesting!

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Right. And perhaps they'll be on different sides of the the plot? And perhaps Caesar will take a liking to one of them.,.

message 24: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Uhm nope! Do you want to post the template thingy?

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Ok. I always hate doing that because you never know how they really turn out ;)

message 26: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Ok! Should I make the magister as well?

message 27: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Ok ;)
I'll find a picture for my character in a while. I'm almost home so...

message 28: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Name: Antonia
History: ....

message 29: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Alright! So do you want to start or should I?

message 30: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Ok I will but I'm on my phone not my computer so you can't (grr).
And I really dont care, I tend to make my characters up.

message 31: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Man I'm not thinking straight tonight. I just went through this who,e thing I had written changing relations between characters but then I realized that I was right in the first place!!!
Never mind what I said from before.

message 32: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Ok :)

message 33: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Antonia looked up and down. She had never imagined she would actually come here, to Rome, the city of the emperors.... She looked up and down at the marble buildings in awe.
"I cannot believe it, sister," she whispered, barely able to contain herself. "Here we are!! Do you think we will see the gladiators fight? Do you think we will see any of the philosophers that Magister spoke of? Do you think we will see the emperor?!!?"

((Wow that's a lot!!))

message 34: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) ((oh I don't care, I usually just imagine them however I imagine them and add details as I go along in the writing. But then again I usually use characters/people who were already in existence. Usually I only write like a paragraph with the person who I usually rp but it's really quick and we've been doing it for so long (in total we have like 22,000 comments each on this group... I have way too much time) and we don't have many details to add lol))

message 35: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "We have our intelligence," Antonia smiled innocently. For she thought that intelligence alone could get you somewhere. She held her satchel over her back - in it was a book in Greek, her favorite - The Symposium by Plato. It was the only thing in there that she truly cared about.

Antonia did have so many questions. She wondered what these people her sister spoke of would be like.

message 36: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) ((Yeah sorry if that's a disappointment. I'll try to write more... But my hands have been hurting a lot anyway so...))

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) A few passersby eyed them suspiciously. What wee two girls like them doing in a city like this, they wondered. Antonia did not make eye contact with any of them, but rather kept her eyes fixed ahead on the road.
"How much longer? My legs are aching and I am horribly thirsty." She stopped for a moment and eyed a man selling food.

message 38: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Antonia bought something of roasted meats on a stick and munched on it after she paid the man and returned to her sister. She listened to all the directions and lost track as well.
"Might I ask," she said politely, "Do you know where we could procure a lift to get there more easily?"

message 39: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) She sighed and nodded. "Let's go, then. Perhaps we can reach that statue of Hercules the man was speaking of before." She took her sisters hand and began to walk slowly. She hummed a tune a bit.

She thought of her parents. What would they think of this? What would their tutor's advice be?

message 40: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "How, though, will we get to the forum if it is nearby them? It must be just as far." She sighed and looked up at the sky. A few birds flew overhead. She still dreamt of meeting the emperor... That would be most wonderful.

message 41: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) ((Ah okay. I haven't looked into Rome in a while. And ok :) ))

message 42: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) ..."then let us go there. After so much traveling, I could surely spend some time at the baths..." She took a breath, already imagining it.

message 43: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Antonia followed. She still dreamt of meeting Julius Caesar, who she had heard so much about.... Here eyes were not focused on anything because she was daydreaming.

message 44: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "But.... Caesar..." She pointed ahead to a statue of Apollo near a temple. She blinked twice and realized her mistake. "I could have sworn it was him..."

message 45: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) She sighed. "Thank you for the optimism," she mumbled as she walked in. She was a bit self conscious... But the idea of a bath was overly welcoming. She still daydreamed of the most powerful man...

((Since you like history you should join my group!! Who's your favorite historical person just wondering?))

message 46: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) She nodded and shivered as she did so, carefully removing her stola and carefully folding it.

((Here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/... ))
((And idk I don't really know either. Too many, between the composers and musicians and italian people...))

message 47: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) ((Lol nobody posts. And ok for pm!!))

message 48: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) ((Wait there are 33 people in my group?!?!? Wow.))

message 49: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) ((Ok then!))

message 50: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) ((...did you make it?))