Hair Ribbons of Hope discussion

Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)
This topic is about Tiger's Quest
Tiger's Quest ( Tiger's Curse 2) > Tiger's Quest: Chapters 5 to 7

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth, Founder (new) - added it

Elizabeth | 198 comments Mod
New Game: What if instead of the inane titles that the book's chapters have, they were more accurate descriptions?
As a bonus optional game to amuse myself, I also tried to summarize the chapters as if they were (not totally accurate)TV Guide descriptions of half-hour sitcoms.

Episode 5: "Ren's Gift Bonanza"
It's Christmastime at the Neilsen's, and Ren hopes his extravagant wealth will ease his sudden return, as well as smooth things over when he meets Kelsey's folks for the first time. Sarah is jealous of Mike's feelings for Ren's Hummer. Some mistletoe causes trouble for Li. Kelsey is touched by a thoughtful, romantic surprise. But how will she take the news that the new resident in her duplex is... her ex-boyfriend???

Episode 6: "Modern Courtship Rituals"
Ren seeks out lessons in the modern American custom known as "going steady". Kelsey figures out Ren and Kadam might be keeping something from her-is it a present? Ren is jealous of attentions from Li and Jason. Jason tries his best to kill Kelsey.

Episode 7: "Poetry and The Art Of War"
Rivalry between Ren and Li escalates. Ren attempts to cook. Kelsey finds a book from the fifties called "How to Catch a Man", and attempts to use its advice to make Ren break his Lysistrata-like strike against physical affection. Ren unexpectely discovers a love of old Hollywood musicals.

Wow, that was dumb.

JE NE REGRETTE RIEN!!!!!!!!

message 2: by Casey (new)

Casey Knightly (Homer42) | 43 comments Elizabeth wrote: "New Game: What if instead of the inane titles that the book's chapters have, they were more accurate descriptions?
As a bonus optional game to amuse myself, I also tried to summarize the chapters a..."

Tigers Curse is a better sitcom than a YA series :P

message 3: by Smoking, Artist in Residence (new)

Smoking Squirrel | 311 comments Mod
I'm completely down with that idea! I'll jump on this train when you get to Voyage!

message 4: by Elizabeth, Founder (new) - added it

Elizabeth | 198 comments Mod
My first thoughts on finishing chapter 7:

"Well, they seems to have neatly wrapped up all the needless relationship drama, now lets get on with the alleged plot." *looks and sees the next chapter's title is "Jealousy"*
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.."

why did I ever allow myself to hope. why. I never learn.