Who Loves Fantasy? discussion

Book talk

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex Hey everyone! just put down your TWO favorite books and then we will all choose which book we want to talk about ok?

message 2: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 Two favorite? Um, okay...
I really, really, really enjoyed both Harry Potter 7 and Twilight. I mean, I liked all the books in both series, but those two would have to be my "favorite".

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Howl's Moving Castle and Harry Potter 7.

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex my two favorite are Harry Potter 7 and Fable Haven.

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex Ok, I think we should choose Harry Potter 7, everyone has that one on the list. So firstly, anything you would want to change about Harry Potter 7...? we want to know.

message 6: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 DOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did he have to *sniffle* DIE on us????? *Sobs* I really miss him. I also really wish we learned more about the Veil.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I wish the epiloge was longer. I want to know more about what happened to the characters.

message 8: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 I thought that the Epilogue was good. At first, I thought that it was really kind of well, cheesy, like a bad fan-fiction. But after a while, I realized that it was the Epilogue that all the Potter fans were all hoping and praying for. What does everyone else think? And Michelle, we did learn what happened to everyone else, just not in the epilogue. I kind of wish that Jo would've included that stuff in the book, though.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Well, you know what I mean. I wanted the epilogue to be longer.

message 10: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 No, I don't know what you mean. The epilogue was good. I liked it. It made me feel all happy and bubble inside.

message 11: by Alex (new)

Alex MEEE TOOO! i would have been alot better!

message 12: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 But everything got explained later (except for the Veil... grumble, grumble...). Did anyone else think there's more to the Veil than we were told?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

YES!!!!! And I want to know what the heck happened to Sirius. He is my favorite character from harry potter and where he went wasn't explained, or why some of them could here the whispers.

message 14: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 I know!!!!!!!!!! Where's Sirius??????? Why'd JK make such a big deal about the veil when we don't learn anything else about it???????? The whispers too! *Gasp* I think we're missing some big information here.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

The epilog was missing in info too. We don't really know what happened to any one. I'm hows the rest of the weezley family doing, and we don't know who elts died in the battle. We don't know how the rest of the wizerding world handled the defeat of voldimort. I think the ending needs another hundred pages.

message 16: by Alex (new)

Alex YA! i thought it ended to fast. it should have said what happend after the ending

message 17: by Alex (new)

Alex um guys tell me about your favorite fantasy books.

message 18: by Alex (new)

Alex ??? come on guys you cant just ignore me!!

message 19: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 56 comments I agree about the epilogue was to sort. You didn't find out what happened to half of the characters. And the idea of a grown up Harry Potter, without the whole Voldemort thingy, was weird. I mean, you know it will happen, but following Harry since he began at Hogwarts, I never really thought about the fact that, one day, he wouldn't be there any more. It made me sad. I my Hogwarts letter got lost! It never made it to my house! SOB!!!