Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Moira: Abduction to Akrasia (The Divided Worlds, #1)
This topic is about Moira
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVED R2R's > R2R {568} Moira: Abduction to Akrasia COMPLETED

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (Book Fairy), LoP Heart & Soul (last edited Jan 18, 2015 01:42PM) (new)

Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort  (carriebookfairy) | 2889 comments Mod
Please read the Rules and Information before signing up for a review.
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...
You MUST add this book to your Currently Reading shelf!
Reminder- You can only have TWO R2R books out at a time!!

Title: MOIRA: ABDUCTION TO AKRASIA
Author: Lawrence Ambrose
Genre: YA
Length: 170 pages
Synopsis - Moira Noonan is a physics major in her first year at the University of Illinois, Urbana, when the mother who deserted her fifteen years ago shows up one day on campus to give her a book: THE DIVIDED WORLDS: AN EXAMINATION OF THEIR CULTURES AND BIOLOGY.

"Read it," her mom tells her, "and you'll have your answers." Then she departs, leaving Moira awash in anger and confusion.

Turning to the book, Moira at first assumes it is a fantasy novel, but its dry cataloging of different worlds and races read more like a zoological treatise or a military think-tank piece. Bereft of sword and sorcery or any action narrative at all, Moira didn't see it moving up the bestselling ranks any time soon.

Her physicist-professor father, Patrick, doesn't see it as any more than the fantastic ramblings of a deranged mind. Moira agrees, yet the book's descriptions of Akrasians – two hearts, fast-healing, superior strength, and a killer immune system –apply hauntingly to her.

Encountering a detailed description of a summoning ceremony purported to be capable of transporting an Akrasian to Earth, Moira seizes on the opportunity to obtain hard evidence, and attempts to summon her own mother. As she performs the ritual, several of her college friends show up unexpectedly, and after the predictable hazing ("Are you a sorceress or a priestess?") someone points out the beautiful blond woman now standing within the pentagram. The woman is not Moira's mother.

Now Moira has her hard evidence. Unfortunately, she also has a very powerful and very pissed-off being on her hands. Mayhem ensues, people die, and one promising young college student is hauled through an inter-dimensional pathway into the brutal world of Akrasia.

The first 15 of reviewers to sign up below leaving their email address will receive a free copy of this e-book PRC (should work on kindle and kindle app) ePub PDF format for review. Don't forget to leave which format you need.

Reviewers
1 Sven (dewdropsonthewillow) 4
2 J (jwhiteaz) 4
3 Ramona (ramona_p) 5

*Note you have two weeks to read and review. Please post your review on Goodreads AND one of the following Amazon, Barnes and Nobles or Smashwords as well as post a link to this thread in the comments section. Make sure review is at least 5 sentences.
If you don't finish book let me know and I will take you of the list of reviewers.
Must complete book in order to review.
PLEASE give me a few days to get your book to you. I try but, sometimes life gets in the way!
If you are wondering where your book is please message or email me.

REMEMBER to state the following I received this book in exchange for an honest review (LoP or Lovers of Paranormal)
The reason I am asking for this is to get some exposure for our group so please help out.

**It is ILLEGAL to share e-books. This copy is for your enjoyment and review only. Please respect the author's hard work!

If you are going to be late and needing more time I have set up a thread under the R2R folder. Here is link, this should make things easier for everyone.
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Carrie (Book Fairy)
R2R Program Mod
carrie_loversofparanormal@yahoo.com
Lovers of Paranormal
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/7...

Sven (foreverbookaddict) | 66 comments I'd love to read and review this book!
dewdropsonthewillow@gmail.com
I would prefer e-pub, but mobi works as well. No PDF though, please.

message 3: by J. (new) - rated it 4 stars

J. (jwhiteaz) | 71 comments I would like to read this. jwhiteaz@cox.net kindle or pdf. Thanks

message 4: by J. (new) - rated it 4 stars

J. (jwhiteaz) | 71 comments I enjoyed the book and purchased the second in the series.

Posted the same review on Amazon and Goodreads.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 5: by Lawrence (new)

Lawrence Ambrose (Ambrose2014) | 50 comments Thanks, J, for the review! I hope you enjoy the second installment.

Sven (foreverbookaddict) | 66 comments Oops, is my review due already? This is what happens when you are a busy med student, you don't notice two weeks passing. I'm very sorry Carrie, I will post my review tomorrow.

Sven (foreverbookaddict) | 66 comments Here is my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I've cross-posted it to my tumblr blog as well.

message 8: by Carrie (Book Fairy), LoP Heart & Soul (new)

Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort  (carriebookfairy) | 2889 comments Mod
Sven wrote: "Oops, is my review due already? This is what happens when you are a busy med student, you don't notice two weeks passing. I'm very sorry Carrie, I will post my review tomorrow."

No worries love it's here now thats all that matters
I thank you for letting me know though.
:)

message 9: by Lawrence (new)

Lawrence Ambrose (Ambrose2014) | 50 comments Thanks, Sven, for that very thoughtful review. Would you mind posting it to Amazon as well?

Thanks!

Lawrence

message 10: by Sven (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sven (foreverbookaddict) | 66 comments I would love to post it on Amazon, but the website doesn't allow me because I have not purchased anything from them. I wouldn't mind if someone else posted this review on Amazon and then credited it to me, by linking it to my goodreads review, though.

message 11: by Lawrence (new)

Lawrence Ambrose (Ambrose2014) | 50 comments Ah, yes. Another one of Amazon's enlightened policies. I've had two friends who were likewise defeated (and who refused to purchase something from Amazon to qualify). ;/ Would Amazon permit such a linkage? I'd be awfully surprised if it did.

Thanks, Sven, in any case.

Ramona Plant | 379 comments I would like to R2R this book. Please send a PDF file or whatever works on kindle to ramona_p@hotmail.com
Thanks

Ramona Plant | 379 comments I have posted my review on Amazon and Goodreads. Thanks for a fun read.
Https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 14: by Lawrence (new)

Lawrence Ambrose (Ambrose2014) | 50 comments Thanks for the review, Ramona. Much appreciated! ;)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.