Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > new book cover

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.L. (new)

J.L. | 7 comments We have a newly designed cover, which is now downloaded on Amazon. We'd like the new image here on Goodreads also. What do we need to do?

message 2: by J.L. (new)

J.L. | 7 comments Okay, I think I figured out how to create an alternate edition for Eleventh Elementum here on Goodreads. How do I merge that with the old edition with the old cover?
Here is a link to the book on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Eleventh-Elemen...

message 3: by Philip (last edited Nov 07, 2014 11:24AM) (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments In the future just post a link to the book and to the cover and we can take care of it by creating an ACE, and then you can set the default edition.

Looks like you already created the ACE of the one published book in your profile, so all you need to do is follow the steps below to make it the Default edition. I will mark the edition you created as an ACE.

I will also change the publication date, because the publication date on an ACE is supposed to be the date it was released with the new cover, if it is different than today you can update it, but I will set it to today's date.

Here is how to set your Default Edition.
Set Default Edition

message 4: by J.L. (new)

J.L. | 7 comments Okay, thanks for the help, Philip. You may have noticed that I'm a little technologically challenged. :)

message 5: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Not a problem, lots of people need help with the covers and book editions.

message 6: by J.L. (new)

J.L. | 7 comments Philip, sorry to bug you again, but I might have done something wrong...our old cover is still showing up when I do a Goodreads search for Eleventh Elementum. I saw a message after I set the default saying it could take 10 minutes but it has been about 25 minutes now.

message 7: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments I would try to do the steps to set the default cover again, maybe it did not take for some reason.

message 8: by J.L. (new)

J.L. | 7 comments Okay, will do.

message 9: by J.L. (new)

J.L. | 7 comments It's weird. There is no longer a default edition option. I'm truly perplexed now.

message 10: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments J.L. wrote: "It's weird. There is no longer a default edition option. I'm truly perplexed now."

Not sure there, may have to contact support, if it continues.

message 11: by J.L. (new)

J.L. | 7 comments All right, I'll wait a while to see if it shows up. If not, I'll contract them. I really appreciate your help. :)