Torn (Trylle, #2)
This topic is about Torn
Torn (11/3-11/13) > Chapters 13-19

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

St. Martin's Press (stmartinspress) | 59 comments Mod
The stakes are getting higher!!...
___

“My loyalties with you, Princess.” Tove smiled. “I trust you, and other Trylle will learn to trust you, once they see what you can do.”
“What can I do?” I asked, feeling oddly touched by Tove’s admission.
“Lead us to peace,” he said, with so much conviction, I didn’t want to argue with him.
—Chapter 16

We learn a lot about Loki during Wendy’s visits to his room; what stood out to you the most?

Elaine | 19 comments What stood out most for me was how much he respected her and cared for her to the extent that he did not try to escape as she wanted him to behave. Also he knew that he could not dull her nature by allowing her to go back to the King. Even when it could save him. Thus he puts her needs above his own.

SWOON

“I want to know that when you’re with me, you’re here because you want to be, not because you’re forced.” He paused. “And right now you’re not moving.”
—chapter 18

Elaine wrote: "What stood out most for me was how much he respected her and cared for her to the extent that he did not try to escape as she wanted him to behave. Also he knew that he could not dull her nature b..."

Yes <3 I agree!