Casual Readers discussion

Chit Chat > Goodreads Choice Awards 2014

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GeneralTHC (last edited Nov 07, 2014 08:08AM) (new)

GeneralTHC Any thoughts on this years nominees?

I was surprised that I wasn't able to vote in as many categories this year.

I love the awards because it gives me a good list of books to consider. I just wish there was more time between the first round and the final vote. They should give us more time to read the books.

message 2: by Sam H (new)

Sam H  Arnold (samharnold) I agree it would have been nice to read some of them. Although I like to add my own choices from books I have read as well. I did not vote in every category as some are just not for me.

message 3: by GeneralTHC (last edited Nov 08, 2014 10:39AM) (new)

GeneralTHC Yeah, many of those categories aren't for me either, for the most part. I guess what I was trying to say is that seeing how genres are not hard and fast categories really--I mean a lot a books crossover into several genres. Consider The Dark Tower series by King. You've got horror, fantasy, western, thriller, maybe even sci-fi, covered there. And I was surprised that I didn't read as many of those type of books this year. But I rarely ever set out to read a cooking book--never actually-- or poetry, or romance, or fantasy, or sci-fi, and definitely not YA. But it seems like that hasn't mattered as much in the past.

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie | 623 comments Ive got no idea on what to vote for this year chuck, and ive not even got round to looking at the voting lists yet. I actualy like reading cook books though as i really like to hunt for new ideas.

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments I couldn't vote for a lot either only because it seemed like most of the choices I hadn't read.

message 6: by GeneralTHC (new)

GeneralTHC It just moves way too quick. They should give 3 months between the beginning and final ballot. I'd read a lot more of them.