Devil's Cub (Alastair-Audley, #2) Devil's Cub discussion

BR Irina, Rosa, Ingela & Sofia 08 November 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sofia (last edited Nov 09, 2014 01:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sofia

It's time girls

List of Characters

Dominic, Dominique, Marquis of Vidal - son of Leonie and Justin Alastair.

Mary Challoner - Daughter of Mr & Mrs Challoner, grandniece of General - Sir Giles Challoner, sister of Sophia

Sophia Challoner - Mary Challoner - Daughter of Mr & Mrs Challoner, grandniece of General - Sir Giles Challoner, younger sister of Mary.

Justin Alastair, Duke of Avon, known also as Devil, Satanas. Vidal's father, Leonie's husband. Eldest brother of Rupert and Fanny

Leonie Alastair, French wife of Justin, Mother of Vidal

Rupert Alastair, Lord, brother of Justin and Fanny, bachelor, wastrel

Fanny Marling - widowed (husband Edward) son John, daughter Juliana, sister of Justin and Rupert

John Marling - son of Fanny, brother of Juliana, Vidal's cousin

Juliana Marling - daughter of Fanny, sister of John, Vidal's cousin

Frederick Comyn - unsuitable suiter for Juliana's hand

Charles Fox - Vidal's friend

message 2: by Ingie (last edited Nov 07, 2014 08:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie Glad to be invited! Thanks!

I'll do my best. I just finished my other audiobook (..two hours in the mega grossery store among all stressed Friday shoppers... puh!!), so I'm sure it will be some audio time, at least in the car, tomorrow

Rosa, really Okay, I"m here. I still need to find my copy though.

Sofia Find it Rosa, find it.........

Sofia Ingela wrote: "Glad to be invited! Thanks!

I'll do my best. I just finished my other audiobook (..two hours in the mega grossery store among all stressed Friday shoppers... puh!!), so I'm sure it will be some a..."

Hate Friday evening and Saturday morning shopping - ugghhh. Everyone super grumpy.

Kathleen I've already read this book, several times. Ingela said I could comment here, too. Okay?

Here's a teaser, to get you started:

Like father, like son:
Dominic Alistair, Marquis of Vidal, is the hotheaded son of the notorious Duke of Avon. Bad-assery runs in the family, for Vidal has established a rakish reputation that rivals even his father's, living a life of violence, excess, and indulgence. Banished to the Continent after wounding his opponent in a duel, Vidal decides to abduct the silly and vain female bent on seducing him into a forced marriage. He'll make the jade be his mistress instead.

In his rush, however, he kidnaps the wrong woman…

Determined to save her vain sister from ruin, Mary Challoner intercepts the dastardly Marquis's letter and throws herself into his path, hoping he will release her upon realizing his error. But nobody dupes the devil's cub, and as the two become irrevocably entangled, Mary's reputation and future lie in the hands of a rakehell who finds her more fascinating (and more elusive) every day…

Enjoy this one, girls! Once you get into it, there's action, kidnapping, guns and roses, clean smexiness, fearful courage, a slowly growing romance, groveling, and humor. I couldn't put it down.

Sofia I don't know how many times I've read this Kathleen, it just makes me feel good :D

Kathleen Me, too, Sofia. It *sparkles*

Rosa, really *whispers* I've only read this one once!

Sofia we will convert you Ro :P

Rosa, really I really like the Regency's better. Though I remember liking this one and then loving it by the end.

Ingie I've never ever read a book by Ms Heyer.

Kathleen It is different from Heyer's wonderful Regency era feeling, but I still like it.

Sofia I don't mind the time especially when they use swords. They don't use them in Regency.

message 15: by Ingie (last edited Nov 07, 2014 10:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie Kathleen wrote: "I've already read this book, several times. Ingela said I could comment here, too. Okay?
Here's a teaser, to get you started..."

Sounds like a great journey Kathleen. I cross my fingers I'll like it.

Kathleen All this talk. I'm probably gonna get enticed into reading it AGAIN. Or maybe I'll use a credit on the audio. Oh vey.

Sofia come follow the light ...... Kathleen :)

Rosa, really Sofia wrote: "I don't mind the time especially when they use swords. They don't use them in Regency.

"

Yes, I very much enjoy it when 2 men cross swords. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Hey! I just discovered that I have the audiobook of this on my laptop. Yaaaaaaaay! I can work and listen at the same time.

message 19: by Kathleen (last edited Nov 07, 2014 10:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathleen Ingela wrote: "Kathleen wrote: "I've already read this book, several times. Ingela said I could comment here, too. Okay?
Here's a teaser, to get you started..."

Sounds like a great journey Kathleen. I cross my f..."

Ingela, I hope my "teaser" helps you understand the first chapters. It's a little confusing.

message 20: by Sofia (last edited Nov 07, 2014 10:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sofia Rosa, really wrote: "Sofia wrote: "I don't mind the time especially when they use swords. They don't use them in Regency.

"

Yes, I very much enjoy it when 2 men cross swords. *wink wink nudge nudge*"

Do you think that they psychology behind why we like m/m so much :P

Kathleen Sofia wrote: "come follow the light ...... Kathleen :)"

Awww. Thank you, Sofia!

Irina Rosa, just for you!

Rosa, really Oh, baby, shake your sword!

Sometimes I think I need to grow up--then I think, Ah fuck it. What's the point?

message 24: by Ingie (last edited Nov 07, 2014 12:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie I need to speed read my two BR books the whole night so I can join, but I'll be here and chat more tomorrow. (I tested the audio and the male narrator sounds great).

# Of course, join us Kathleen.
# Rosa, listening to the audio so we are two at least.

See you tomorrow, babes!

description

Irina Ingela wrote: "I need to speed read my two BR books the whole night so I can join, but I'll be here and chat more tomorrow. (I tested the audio and the male narrator sounds great).

# Of course, join us Kathleen..."

I'll be switching between listening and reading too, Ingela! *Hugs*

Sofia I will be reading, need them unadulterated :)

Night Inge!

Sofia 20% a very good way to start my day :)

Ingie Wow! Did you start in the middle of the night?
Like your tough guys pic, Sofia.

I'll be off for a cople of hours but hopefully will it be time for audio-listening driving the car etc. See you all in the afternoon.

Ingie In the middle of chapter 3. There are a lot of characters. It's important to keep your step to keep up with all the turns here. - LoL!!

Sofia tell me when you get confused Inge, I'll help.

Woke up at six this morning and so had some reading time before I had to go out. Yesterday's storm/cyclone did a lot of damage. This morning we went to a centuries old garden to help out and these was lots of damage. Poor trees.

Irina I read last night, at @16% right now. Ingela - I've found the audio missing out. I think it's much better as an e-book! *hugs*

message 32: by Ingie (last edited Nov 08, 2014 09:54AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie In chapter 4 and I'm not sure I get it all yet but I like it. Feels like an old good Austen tale so far. Daughters to marry off, and much gossip. LoL!

I've been with my old parents all day (and switched to winter studded tires on the car) and now is the time to go over to friends on a nice Saturday evening dinner. I will return here later in the night. See you!

Ingie When, in time is this story set?

Ingie Soory about the damage over with you, Sofia. Did it feel safe in your house?

Irina Ingela wrote: "In chapter 4 and I'm not sure I get it all yet but I like it. Feels like an old good Austen tale so far. Daughters to marry off, and much gossip. LoL!

I've been with my old parents all day (and s..."

Enjoy your evening, Ingela! Sofia said it's the end of the 18th century. Feels like Austen, you're right. But I love Austen :)

Sofia Ingela wrote: "When, in time is this story set?"

1780's

Sofia Ingela wrote: "Soory about the damage over with you, Sofia. Did it feel safe in your house?"

I never feel safe when it's very windy, not because the house isn't safe but because the wind makes me anxious and jumpy.

Sofia Going to read some more :D

Irina I'm waiting for my monkey's bedtime to carry on with the book.

message 40: by Ingie (last edited Nov 08, 2014 02:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie I'm back home again and will listening for a while before bedtime.

I'll start chapter 5 (21%). ...That pistol duel after game-night has just ended with a poor wretch on the floor.

1780 - good to know (i like facts...) ~ Haha, and I like this time, those snobbish, always up with the nose characters and the "oldish" writing.

What I would need is a list of all the characters and perhaps a family tree or the like. Listenening to an audio it's difficult to always perceive the exact names, all different titles etc. And it isn't that easy to scroll back to double-check names, facts, events as I often do when I read a book.

Hooping for some tiny romance sparkle soon. :)

message 41: by Ingie (last edited Nov 08, 2014 02:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie Kathleen wrote: "I've already read this book, several times. Ingela said I could comment here, too. Okay?
Here's a teaser, to get you started:
Like father, like son:?..."

# Kathleen, once again 'thanks for the teaser', I felt I needed it even more now to remind me of the plot of this story.

# Ladies: I looking forward to Vidal and Mary's meeting. - That will be interesting. LoL!!

message 42: by Ingie (last edited Nov 08, 2014 04:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie At 33% to start chapter 7. ~ ...on the ship.
It's way too late. Nighty Night!!

Kathleen You're welcome, Ingela. It is a lot of names at first, and harder with audio.

Sofia Ingela wrote: "At 33% to start chapter 7. ~ ...on the ship.
It's way too late. Nighty Night!!"

You have Vidal and Mary together then

Sofia 49% Fanny and Mrs Challoner. Very funny. Fanny jumps to conclusions.

message 46: by Sofia (last edited Nov 09, 2014 01:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sofia Ingela - I've done a small list of characters at the top for easier reference OK :) Let me know if you want more.

message 47: by Ingie (last edited Nov 09, 2014 02:25AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie Sofia wrote: "Ingela - I've done a small list of characters at the top for easier reference OK :) Let me know if you want more."

Thanks dear! You're great. **hugs** to you Sofia!!

(I needed to see the spelling as well). When I'm back from my trip will I look for the paperback. This feels like a keeper I want in my RL shelfs.

I don't know about you but my Vidal is the adoreable goodlooking old star Errol.
description

message 48: by Ingie (last edited Nov 09, 2014 02:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie In chapter 8. ~ I am delighted.

Right now is Mary caring for the poor shot injured hero (in the sick bed).
Our hero Vidal he really begins to soften to a cute soft guy.
....Wonderful!

It's a sunny day here and I'll take a walk with our friends.

description

Irina Hi, girls! I left at 50% last night and can't wait to see more of Vidal and Mary. I'm so pleased the romance is slow. My kind of book :)

Sofia I love when she makes him eat gruel (porridge) :D

You chose a swashbuckler for your hero Ingela.

« previous 1