Horror Aficionados discussion

Off Topic > HA Secret Santa 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Hello All, Ms Santa Claus here,

After popular demand, the Reindeer have managed to get me here. As we all love reading, especially horror, what would be better then to actually receive a good book to read for Christmas.

If you are interested in participating let me know. I think if we start now and have a deadline by November 25th, everyone should get there secret santa present in time for Christmas.

If you are interested send me your full name and address, to my inbox with either a few titles for your Santa to choose from or a link to your wishlist if you have one (normally a great idea to have a wishlish set up).

By Monday 1st December you will all know who you will have to get your little present for, but remember, it is Secret Santa so don't let it slip who you got!

Rules (I know rules at Christmas, but they are there for a reason):
1. DO NOT BE A CHEAPSKATE AND SEND YOUR OWN BOOK AS THE MAIN GIFT.

2. PLEASE HONOUR PEOPLE'S WISH LIST IF THEY HAVE ONE. IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THEIR WHOLE LIST, BUT THERE HAS TO BE AT LEAST ONE ITEM FROM THEIR LIST SENT TO THEM!

3. THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT WHETHER YOU CAN AFFORD TO PARTICIPATE WHEN THE HOLIDAY GET'S NEARER. IT'S NOT FAIR FOR PEOPLE TO PULL OUT OF THE PROGRAM AT THE LAST MINUTE.

4. IF YOU WISH TO SEND ADDITION GIFTS TO YOUR SANTA, THIS IS ENTIRELY UP TO YOU. AS LONG AS YOU ALL RECEIVE AT LEAST 1 BOOK TO UNWRAP THAT IS ON YOUR WISHLIST, THEN I KNOW I HAVE DONE MY JOB.

5. PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ALL YOUR DETAILS WITH THE HEADING, "HA SECRET SANTA 2014".

6. DO NOT GIVE OUT SOMEONE'S ADDRESS TO A THIRD PARTY WITHOUT PERMISSION!!!!

7. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE SENT YOUR GIFT OUT AND PLEASE SHARE WITH US ALL WHAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED.

It's all a bit of fun, so lets get in to the Christmas spirit and start sending me your details.

Only 48 sleeps until Christmas, Let us all get the Christmas spirit flowing.

Merry Christmas, from your own Ms Santa Claus!

message 2: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) Im in just sent info

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael (mikedecshop) | 1479 comments this will be my fourth year. love it! sending info

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Excellent. Welcome aboard again ;o)

message 5: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Michael, long time no see!

I'm not entering because I'm just too darned lazy around Christmas time these days and I have a hard time buying stuff for my family. But I hope everyone follows the rules and gets some good reads. Merry Early Christmas!

message 6: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Thanks Tressa :o)

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael (mikedecshop) | 1479 comments Hey Tressa.

Life and a new girlfriend have cut into my HA time. I miss all.

message 8: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine | 2888 comments I'm in, I'll send my info later as I'm travelling. Looking forward to doing this again! Third year for me!

message 9: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Michael wrote: "Hey Tressa.

Life and a new girlfriend have cut into my HA time. I miss all."

Glad to hear that all's well.

message 10: by Natasa (last edited Nov 07, 2014 10:49AM) (new)

Natasa (natasa79) | 353 comments This is such a great idea! I first heard about Secret Santa a few years ago thanks to working at a private university where a lot of students were from US. I was so happy to be a Secret Santa and even happier when I got the present (actually I got another huge one from my colleagues since my birthday is on the 21st of December lol)

Unfortunately I can't participate because I have no money. Even if I had to I don't think I could do that from Croatia.

But I do hope everyone gets a lot of fun and nice books.

This is such a nice idea, I'm totally in awe to have something like this on a social network :)

You guys are great!

message 11: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10644 comments Mod
sending my info!

message 12: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4892 comments Cool. Thanks for doing this again, Sharon!

I'm in for sure.

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Have a nice little list, growing. Not long left. Any more people wish to join in with the Christmas fun?

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephthebookworm) | 70 comments I'll definitely join in again. I look forward to it every Christmas! I'll get you my info soon. :) Thank you!!!

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments No problem Stephanie :o)

message 16: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Stone | 5 comments I would love to participate, but I don't know where/how to set up a wish list. Help!

message 17: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments You can either send me a list of titles or on your shelves you open a shelf as a wishlist and put books in there that you would like people to choose from.

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) | 75 comments I have not participated in this before, but it sounds like fun and I would love to join this year.

message 19: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Just DM me your details. :o)

message 20: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 862 comments Sharon wrote: "Just DM me your details. :o)"

I'm in too. PM'ing you.

message 21: by Padders (new)

Padders (randompadley) | -13 comments only just seen this! this is an amazing idea, would love to join! it is okay for people in UK to join right I just thought if someone in the UK ends up partnering with someone in the US would be a nightmare shipping and stuff?

either way i am in and will send you my info :)

message 22: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments The list is getting bigger this year. Excellent stuff.

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) | 75 comments I hope there are friends from the UK joining! I have found an author over there that I just love! His novels are disgusting, frightening, well written page turners! He is a very humble, generous person also. Matt ShawThomas wrote: "only just seen this! this is an amazing idea, would love to join! it is okay for people in UK to join right I just thought if someone in the UK ends up partnering with someone in the US would be a ..."

message 24: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Well, If it helps, I am from UK ;o)

message 25: by Padders (new)

Padders (randompadley) | -13 comments phew!! glad there are some UK people joining in, would be a nightmare getting it oversea before xmas! Sharon you might have to make sure UK gets put with UK xD

also jennifer! Matt Shaw is fatntastic!!! only read one of his book as of yet but he is disgustingly brilliant and plan on reading a lot more of his books :P hehe!

message 26: by Dean (new)

Dean Edwards (deancedwards) | 10 comments This sounds like fun. Count me in. PMing you now.

message 27: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Excellent. The more the merrier ;o)

message 28: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Only a few days left to get your details in.

message 29: by Missy (new)

Missy | 199 comments I can't wait to find out who I'm getting!!

message 30: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments You should all have your secret Santa details now. Don't forget to tell us what Santa brings you ;o)

message 31: by Bill (last edited Dec 02, 2014 08:26AM) (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4892 comments Very cool! Just ordered a few wish list items for my secret Santa pal and should have them in plenty of time to get back out for Christmas!

message 32: by Alissa (new)

Alissa Patrick (apatrick12211) I just sent my Secret Santa person their books. haha I was too excited to gift some good choices!

message 33: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Excellent news.

message 34: by Padders (new)

Padders (randompadley) | -13 comments ordered my book for my secret santa this morning :) very excited!!!

message 35: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) I just placed an order for my secret santa this morning as well!

message 36: by Padders (new)

Padders (randompadley) | -13 comments as im new, after xmas is done with are we allowed to reveal our identity, I know I would love to thank whoever decides to buy me something? Even if its just a personal message and not on here? :)

message 37: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) As soon as you get your present you can reveal what you got and thank the secret santa

message 38: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments There may even be a message saying who your santa is in your parcel.

message 39: by Stephanie (last edited Dec 04, 2014 11:55AM) (new)

Stephanie (stephthebookworm) | 70 comments Just a quick question... are most people okay with used books? I prefer to buy used books (in good condition) so that I can send more books since they cost less. Is anyone against this?

message 40: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) Used are fine

message 41: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephthebookworm) | 70 comments Okay, my gift has been sent! I got mine sent directly from Amazon to my person since I wasn't sure it would make it in time for Christmas if it shipped to me first THEN to my person. It will be arriving in two separate packages to my person! :)

message 42: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) I was actually able to find new at low prices so I got lucky there

message 43: by Padders (new)

Padders (randompadley) | -13 comments i have bought one from amazon, brand new and hardback, but being a librarian if the books on my secret santa's list is somewhere in circulation they may let me buy them at high discount rate (sometimes they just withdraw the book and let me have it hehe xD) so possibility my secret santa may get more than just the one if I can get more from work and get them all shipped off in time :)

message 44: by Russel (new)

Russel (rft183) | 14 comments I got a couple new and a couple used for my victim, I mean, recipient.

message 45: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) | 75 comments I love this! I had so much fun picking out books for my person!!! Sent their gifts directly to them through Amazon. :)

message 46: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) | 75 comments I received two books off my wishlist Saturday! Doctor Sleep and The Troop. Thank you Alyssa, my Secret Santa!!!

message 47: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) nice picks

message 48: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4892 comments Good ones. Nice, Jennifer!

message 49: by Alissa (new)

Alissa Patrick (apatrick12211) Your welcome!!! =)

message 50: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine | 2888 comments My gifts are on their way!

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mine (other topics)
We (other topics)
Revival (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Matt Shaw (other topics)