TC STEM 10 discussion

Chew on This > Friday November 7

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen Ushe | 65 comments Mod
1. What page are you in your book?
2. What are some things you find interesting about your book?
3. What are some things you dislike about your book?
4. How much will you and your group read this week (i.e. how many chapters)?

message 2: by Ana (new)

Ana Chavez | 7 comments 1. I am currently on page 144 in the book.

2. I find interesting that school that have the reduced, or free lunch program that was created for kids that dont get food at home is know giving too much food to kids that is being sponsered by fast food companies.

3. I don't really dislike things about the anymore. Its getting interesting as the book goes on. Its getting kind of annoying though because fast food companies are responsible for so many things I wasnt aware of.

4. I want to be able to read to about page 178, I'm not sure how many chapters that is. My group on the other hand is a bit behind, but they want to read to page 120 so that they arent that behind from the page I am at.

message 3: by Darron (new)

Darron | 5 comments I am on page 178. I find it interesting that this book tells us how workers at fast food resturants prepare and make the processed foods. I don't like how they change to go to different topics then go back to the same subject.
At least another 30 pages

message 4: by Marloy (new)

Marloy | 4 comments -Page 75
- I like how it talks about the history of most well known fast food restaurants and where they came from
- they talk too much about the history and not about where the food comes from and how it is bad for you
- 25 pages or 2 chapters

message 5: by Hamilton (new)

Hamilton Kolb | 2 comments 1. Page 235
2. Something i found interesting was the challenges of running fast-food resaurants in countries that are at war.
3. Nothing
4. 50 pages

message 6: by Maria (new)

Maria Barrios | 7 comments I am at page 90. But my group are on different spots ,Ana is on page 144 and Ricabelle and Marjan are on page 63. My book is kind of getting more interesting . I like how there are some stories of people sharing some of their experience in working for fast food restuarant.

message 7: by Maria (new)

Maria Barrios | 7 comments Im going to read to page 120 this week . and my group are going to catch up with me and Ana is going to wait on us .

message 8: by Ricabelle (new)

Ricabelle Pagara | 5 comments I'm on Page 115.
What I found interesting was that Ray Croc the owner of McDonalds and Walt Disney the owner of Disney were good friends even before they were successful.
I don't like how the book is mostly statistics on fast foods.
My group will read about 20 pages.