TC STEM 10 discussion

The Hot Zone > Friday November 7

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen Ushe | 65 comments Mod
1. What page are you in your book?
2. What are some things you find interesting about your book?
3. What are some things you dislike about your book?
4. How much will you and your group read this week (i.e. how many chapters)?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3 comments Sarah is up to page184 in the hot zone.
I find it interesting that so many people are involved in a world leveling danger and no one can tell them apart from other citizens except the infected anyway., but the brave us doctors who have gone to the hot zones are ostracized out of the fear that they mite spread it. Sad.
I don't dislike anything. Facts are facts.
We will read at least 24 pages.

message 3: by Apryl (new)

Apryl Gibson | 6 comments I'm on page 97. I like how it goes into detail about what is happening (even the nasty stuff.) I don't like the fact that the story gets slow sometimes. I'm going to read at least 25 pages or more. We have an advantage this time because, we don't have school on Monday.

message 4: by Afton (last edited Nov 07, 2014 06:48AM) (new)

Afton Lamere | 5 comments I am on page 190.
I find the whole book very interesting and all the different proccesses the scientists must go through when handling the dead monkeys and the virus.
There is nothing I do not like about the book. It is vary well done.
I will read to part three and a couple chaters beyond.

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 3 comments I like how the story is really detailed so we really know whats going on. Although i like a lot of detail it gets a bit disgusting at times, but thats what makes it fun!

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Morris (agent_zonko_laughwell) | 5 comments I am finished with Part Two.
What I like about this book is its lack of restraint when referring to the gory details of the symptoms of the many different strands of filovirus. That being said, at this stage in the book, the gore factor has been toned down a little, and I hope it goes back up in the later chapters.
For next week: Finish Part Three.