The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Interesting stuff > Anne Perry anyone?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8600 comments Mod
I'm not sure if everyone is aware of this, but in today's Barnes and Noble Review there is an article about the movie Heavenly Creatures, which portrays this mystery novelist as a young girl who committed murder with a friend back in 1954. She wasn't "Anne Perry" at the time - she changed her name much later.

Have you seen Heavenly Creatures?

message 2: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments HOW interesting. Thank you for the link!

message 3: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Skye wrote: "HOW interesting. Thank you for the link!"

You're very welcome, Skye! I've seen the movie twice and really liked it.

message 4: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments This may be a interesting writer to nominate for the November/December book read. Any ideas?

message 5: by Tom (new)

Tom | 141 comments Awesome movie! Kate Winslet's first?

message 6: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Skye wrote: "This may be a interesting writer to nominate for the November/December book read. Any ideas?"

Here's Anne Perry's page from SYKM.

message 7: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments http://www.anneperry.co.uk/books

The The Face of a Stranger looks great and there's another one, as well. Nancy, great minds think alike! :)

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda Skye wrote: "http://www.anneperry.co.uk/books

The The Face of a Stranger looks great and there's another one, as well. Nancy, great minds think alike! :)"

I loved The Face of a Stranger!

message 10: by Portia (new)

Portia I have been. Fan of Thos. and Charlotte Pitt since the 1990s Even before the Face of a Stranger introduced William Monk. I'Ve drifted away. I would love to join in on a binge of ms. Perry's books.

message 11: by Carolien (last edited Nov 08, 2014 10:30PM) (new)

Carolien (carolien_s) | 104 comments Amazon had a special on the first three books in the Monk series recently for Kindle. I've read some of her books, but not recently, so would love an excuse for a binge.

message 12: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments I wanted to nominate The Face of a Stranger for so many reasons, but I would have to purchase another book; it is decadent how many paperbacks I have bought recently. I don't use a Kindle.

message 13: by Cécile (new)

Cécile Chabot (CecileChabot) | 9 comments I have read nearly all the Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series; I loved them.
Funny enough, I've never read any William Monk. One of those inconsistencies of the human nature.

If there is (still) a promo on Amazon, it might be a good time...

message 14: by Michele (last edited Nov 21, 2014 04:57AM) (new)

Michele Just a few months ago I re read and caught up on the entire Pitt series, which I had started years ago and then lost track of. I really like those. I even tracked down a copy of the TV movie they made of the first one - Cater Street Hangman - and it was fun to watch. IMDB link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0163994/?...

I found Anne Perry through watching Heavenly Creatures. I wanted to find out what happened to the girls which led me to the books.

I read a couple of the Monk books, back when they first came out. They were good but didn't "grab" me like Charlotte and Thomas.

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Face of a Stranger (other topics)