The Nooks of Books discussion

I am a author in training.

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raegan (last edited Mar 05, 2015 12:34PM) (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Hey! I am going to get my children s book finished before next year ends! Waiting on the publisher now.

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) :) That is awesome!

message 3: by Tiffy (new)

Tiffy McKay | 6 comments Congrats! :D I'm in the middle of writing a children's book now. :) Less words does not make it any easier than writing a regular novel. XD Looking forward to your book. :D

message 4: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments T.S. wrote: "Congrats! :D I'm in the middle of writing a children's book now. :) Less words does not make it any easier than writing a regular novel. XD Looking forward to your book. :D"

Thank you! I know what you mean. The less words the more polished/better they have to be.

message 5: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Oceangirlie15 wrote: ":) That is awesome!"

:)

message 6: by beth (new)

beth (beth01) I'm writing on at the moment for NaNoWriMo. It's going well, so far. But I'm extremely behind on my word count...

message 7: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments ♆Beth♆♫But The Monsters Turned Out To Be Just Trees♫ wrote: "I'm writing on at the moment for NaNoWriMo. It's going well, so far. But I'm extremely behind on my word count..."

Cool!

message 8: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (applesticker) | 1 comments ♆Beth♆♫But The Monsters Turned Out To Be Just Trees♫ wrote: "I'm writing on at the moment for NaNoWriMo. It's going well, so far. But I'm extremely behind on my word count..."

I'm doing NaNo too! This is my fourth year and, as usual, I am also behind! I'm about to his 10,000 before I pack it in for today, but I should be on 15,000. This happens to me every year, but you always find time to get it done by the end of the month!

message 9: by beth (new)

beth (beth01) Yeah, I'm on 9,800

message 10: by Stevie (new)

Stevie (ilikecats) Raegan wrote: "Hey! I am going to get my children s book published before this year ends! Working on illustrations."

Sounds awesome!

message 11: by Lu (new)

Lu (lu_herondale) | 20 comments Wow, congrats! Hope you have lots of boughts :)

message 12: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Lu wrote: "Wow, congrats! Hope you have lots of boughts :)"

Thank you!

message 13: by Stevie (new)

Stevie (ilikecats) Raegan wrote: "Jump Rope Generation will be the name."

Cool!

message 14: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments ♆Stєviє♆ wrote: "Raegan wrote: "Jump Rope Generation will be the name."

Cool!"

:)

message 15: by Stevie (new)

Stevie (ilikecats) ;)

message 16: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 168 comments I'm attempting to write a book, but it's very slow work.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...

link to my story. Hope you like it!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Margo ヽ(^。^)丿 wrote: "That cliffhanger tho!!! Lel"

thanks. yas, i have been writing it for 3 months and i decided to put it on goodreads.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Margo ヽ(^。^)丿 wrote: "Whoaa 3 months! :p"

yas...

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

thanks!

message 21: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Azalea wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...

link to my story. Hope you like it!"

Very good job! Loved it!

message 22: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Raegan, will you tell us when your book comes out?

message 23: by Raegan (last edited Dec 20, 2014 05:09PM) (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Olivia wrote: "Raegan, will you tell us when your book comes out?"

Yes definitely! I am still waiting to get word back from the publisher but I will let you guys know :)I will have my other book published by next spring.

message 24: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 168 comments I want to get a book published...

But I have to finish writing one first.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Right now my book is in the outlining stages. :/ But if I'm lucky, I'll have something to show you all soon!

message 26: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Cool!

message 27: by Eric (last edited Jan 05, 2015 07:44AM) (new)

Eric Boot really nice!! i'm curious!!! :)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Rhystlynne wrote: "I want to get a book published...

But I have to finish writing one first."

Same! : )

message 29: by N.B. (new)

N.B. (nbroberts) | 1 comments Raegan wrote: "Hey! I am going to get my children s book finished before this year ends! Waiting on the publisher now."

Hi, and thanks for the invite! Congratulations! I look forward to seeing your books published :)

message 30: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments N.B. wrote: "Raegan wrote: "Hey! I am going to get my children s book finished before this year ends! Waiting on the publisher now."

Hi, and thanks for the invite! Congratulations! I look forward to seeing yo..."

Your welcome! Thank you! :)

message 31: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (blazestormchaser) | 4 comments That's so cool, Raegan! I'm also writing a book and hope to be an author someday! It's about 84 pages long so far, and it's a lot of work. It'll be worth it when I finish though. Thanks for inviting me to this group!

message 32: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Hannah wrote: "That's so cool, Raegan! I'm also writing a book and hope to be an author someday! It's about 84 pages long so far, and it's a lot of work. It'll be worth it when I finish though. Thanks for invitin..."

Awesome! No problem!

message 33: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (wisegirlonfire) what is NaNoWriMo ?

message 34: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Crystal wrote: "what is NaNoWriMo ?"

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing. On November 1, participants begin working towards the goal of writing a 50,000-word novel by 11:59 PM on November 30.

message 35: by Juanita (new)

Juanita Ray (juanita_ray) Raegan, I wrote Moodessey in 1973, Just published in 2014. I wrote my children's picture books in 1986. Just published on 2014. The secret is write with passion. Once you write one book, if it doesn't make it ignore it and write the next one. Just keep writing.

message 36: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 6 comments http://www.wattpad.com/story/38940559...
hey guys can you please check out a book I am writing right now?I have only written three chapters but can you guys please still check it out.Means a lot to me

message 37: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Juanita wrote: "Raegan, I wrote Moodessey in 1973, Just published in 2014. I wrote my children's picture books in 1986. Just published on 2014. The secret is write with passion. Once you write one book, if it does..."

Thank you for the inspirational words! :)

message 38: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Nadia wrote: "http://www.wattpad.com/story/38940559...
hey guys can you please check out a book I am writing right now?I have only written three chapters but can you guys please still check it out.Means a..."

cool! I checked it out. Let me know when you get it published! I will defiantly be getting a copy!

message 39: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 6 comments Raegan wrote: "Nadia wrote: "http://www.wattpad.com/story/38940559...
hey guys can you please check out a book I am writing right now?I have only written three chapters but can you guys please still check..."

thanks!

message 40: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 6 comments Nadia wrote: "Raegan wrote: "Nadia wrote: "http://www.wattpad.com/story/38940559...
hey guys can you please check out a book I am writing right now?I have only written three chapters but can you guys pl..."

One i am realy tryiing to publish tho is shadows

message 41: by D.K. (new)

D.K. Brantley (dkbrantley) So...your book published yet? Inquiring minds want to know!

message 42: by Tiffy (last edited Jan 04, 2017 01:17PM) (new)

Tiffy McKay | 6 comments Wow, it's been a long time since I've check up on these threads. Raegan, how's it going? What part of the process have you made it through? And have you worked on other stories you hope to get published in the meantime? :)

I ended up writing my children's story 3 times and then didn't bother editing it yet. I just shelved it. After that many rewrites I'm not sure I even like it, but it was a piece of my soul that needed to be expressed at the time. I spent the past two years or so working on a spiritual book about my experiences with people before they pass away, called For Love of Dying, which I just published last week. I decided to take the self-publishing route instead of waiting a few years to find the right publisher.

Feel free to private message me or send me an email if you want to talk, ask any questions, or have a second set of eyes on your work.

Hope all is going well in your life at the start of this new year. :)

~Tiff