What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. girl vanishes leaving behind a demon journal

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thomas (last edited Nov 07, 2014 09:43PM) (new)

Thomas Fraker | 8 comments A friend gave me this description. There was a couple, I believe living together. She was very strict about him never reading her journal, no matter what. One day she vanished, and desperate to find her, he broke down and read her journal. It was about summoning demons. He summoned a demon (I believe his name started with an S) with broken legs that couldn't really move around. He questioned the demon for awhile about his girlfriend. (view spoiler)

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Fraker | 8 comments Bump

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Thomas--you've had 13 people check out your thread. Unfortunately, so far, no one knows what it is. The usual "bump" period is 30 to 90 days.

Having said that--a few questions for you to put to your friend.

How long ago did he/she read this book? Where did they get it from? What format was it in? What genre was it (romance, horror, thriller etc.) What age group was it aimed at--adult (age, not XXX), NA, YA, children's chapter? Any memory of what the cover of the book looked like?

message 4: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Fraker | 8 comments Sorry saw someone else do it quicker and just followed suit. I don't speak to him anymore. I'm pretty sure it was urban fantasy. Or horror. Maybe thriller. Not 100%. Everything I know about it I already posted.

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Well rats. This one is joining Ift's Mountain Range of Books to be Read when it's found, so I was hoping you'd be able to pick up a few more hints.

message 6: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Fraker | 8 comments Yeah I've been wanting to read it for a while but I can't find it with so little detail. Hopefully someone here read it.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
When was the book published, approximately? Even if you only know a decade, that can be helpful.

message 8: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Fraker | 8 comments Either 90s or 00s. He didn't say it was an old book but I didn't ask to much because I wasn't as into books back then. He told me about it in 2012. But no idea how old.

message 9: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Fraker | 8 comments Bump

message 10: by Josh (new)

Josh | 6 comments Not sure if I can but I'd like to bump this. It sounds like it would be an entertaining read.

message 11: by Ingo (last edited Jan 26, 2015 05:06AM) (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 617 comments You just did, as I understand it, every comment bumbs a thread. And yes, it sure sounds like it should be on my TBR, hopefully we will find it someday.

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
Thomas, was there much romance in the story?
Did she disappear early in the story?
Any sense of their jobs, background, etc.?

Thomas wrote: "Sorry saw someone else do it quicker and just followed suit. I don't speak to him anymore..."
Thanks for the laugh. :)

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Thomas, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 14: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 218 comments Could it be the manga series called death note?

message 15: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
Death Note series by Tsugumi Ohba - Lina's suggestion

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Thomas, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tsugumi Ohba (other topics)