A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) A Dance with Dragons discussion

What is your favorite house?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin (last edited Nov 20, 2014 08:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Robin Riddle Although the Starks hold a special place in my heart however I'm very interested in House Martell. Which house is your favorite and why?

Adam Meek I like House Pommingham best. Very mysterious.
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/...

message 3: by Ian (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ian Malone House Baratheon of Dragonstone.

Emmett Borg House Clegane, primarily because of the Hound... (i'm a strong believer of the gravedigger=hound theory)

And I have a growing love for House Greyjoy as well... Euron is so interesting to me, and Victarion is a beast.

message 7: by Matthew (last edited Nov 20, 2014 04:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matthew House Manderly. (view spoiler)

Brooklyn Ann House Reed. The Crannogs are cool.

Robert Stark

Jacob Martell.

Karla Stark

message 12: by Ben (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ben Washington I'm rather partial to House Umber. http://towerofthehand.com/reference/k...

House Mormont is pretty awesome too.

http://towerofthehand.com/reference/k...

Mitali I'm a Targaryen loyalist - hey, they've got dragons!

The Tyrells are pretty cool too.

Michał Szydłowski Lannister!

Petra I can't shake my Stark loyalty, they have a special place in my heart and I hope they manage a comeback and avenge the deaths of Ned and Robb. I love the Martells a lot too, they are interesting and open minded.

Linda Gukicova House Martell.

message 17: by Harish (last edited Jan 27, 2015 04:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Harish House Lannister. Jaime is my favorite lannister, I hope the author doesn't kill him.

message 18: by Adam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Adam Fletcher House Martell

Ad.costas Martells are really cool characters.

Toviel Mmm, it's a tie between Lannister and Martell for me.

James House Lannister all the way. But I do have a thing for House Martell and pre-Aerys House Targaryen.

message 22: by Christopher (last edited Jan 30, 2015 01:10AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christopher While I love all of the Stark characters alive, none of them are running with their names around, and I doubt they will for a long time (if ever).
So I'm going for the Martells (because of their "philosophy" and seeming starts of feminism, or at least equal throne rights and apparent sexual liberation)
And the Tyrells/Redwynes (Olenna and Margaery as, in my opinion, the best politicians in King's Landing, kind of "nicer" versions of Tywin and Cersei)

message 23: by Mare (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mare Kinley I'm gonna go with Martell.

Caroline I'm torn between Stark and Targaryen. I've always pictured House Stark (and most of the North) as the Westerosi version of Germanic/Celtic tribes, with a deep connection to nature and ancient traditions from before the introduction of a common religion. And Targaryen is the most intriguing House imo - their ancient roots, their bond with dragons, their decline into madness. Rhaegar. And now, the rise of Daenerys, who really means well and wants to help everyone who needs help, but gets everything she tries blasted back into her face. I want to see where she will end up next.

Alexandros Kalogerakis stark/lannister

Rodolfo de Brum House Greyjoy

Kaitlin Tully!