Readers Addict discussion

Book of the Month > Nov- Nightshade

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 81 comments I haven't come across this book befor It sounds interesting.

message 2: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin G So, how do we feel about nightshade? Don't be shy.

message 3: by Jasna (new)

Jasna Nickells | 116 comments To be honest, I have no idea what it's about and ive never heard of it up to now!

message 4: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin G Its a book you can buy in any book store. Its a shifter series with wolves. I think it is a YA.

message 5: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 81 comments I just brought it, and plan to read it tonight. I will be honest and say I don't have very high expectation for the book, although the reviews that I have read on the book are what made me decide to buy and read it. I don't know why my expectations are low, most likely because a lot of werewolf style books I have brought this past year haven't been all that good.I hope I am wrong and the book is great.

message 6: by Alyson, Organizer (new)

Alyson {Error Nebula} (thecommonalyson) | 43 comments Mod
I've actually read the book last year, but wasn't much of a fan of it :/

message 7: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 81 comments I enjoyed certain aspects of the story, but otherwise thought the story was average. I don't plan on reading anymore of the series.

message 8: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin G Have you guys voted on the poll yet?

message 9: by Alyson, Organizer (new)

Which one? I think I voted on all of them.

message 10: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin G The genre poll. I'm doing the book poll from the suggestions on the 15th. There is only 13 votes out of 69 people. So I'm trying to get people to vote.

message 11: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin G No. Only 13 people have voted.

message 12: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin G Yep my thoughts exactly.

message 13: by Jonel (last edited Nov 13, 2014 07:19PM) (new)

Jonel I find that group reads tend to be hit or miss depending on what that month's book is.

message 14: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Zapata Kara wrote: "Yeah.. People aren't responsive in this group, sadly"

Kara, from my limited experience here on GR, I've found that in each group there are generally only a dozen or so who regularly comment and actively participate in things. I know if I am not interested or if I feel like I have enough on my reading plate I will skip threads and not comment on them.

message 15: by Jonel (new)

Jonel Debbie wrote: "Kara wrote: "Yeah.. People aren't responsive in this group, sadly"

Kara, from my limited experience here on GR, I've found that in each group there are generally only a dozen or so who regularly c..."

That's a much more eloquent version of what I was thinking. :)

message 16: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Zapata I filtered before I typed...=))

message 17: by Jonel (new)

Jonel :) There will be.

message 18: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 81 comments What exactly is the poll?

message 19: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin G It's under polls and it's also at the bottom of the group home.

message 20: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin G Sorry you didn't like the pick. I was just trying to find something fast and easy since we already started the month. And i did really like the series.

message 21: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 81 comments Ok thanks,

The pick was ok, we can't like every book out there. Everyone has different taste.

message 22: by Alyson, Organizer (new)

Agree with Tanya.
But next month pick is done by a poll, so maybe the majority would like to read it in the end.

message 23: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 81 comments That's true, I have also learnt that even when a book that I don't think I will like Is picked that I should still read it because sometimes I am wrong and really did like the book. that has happened to me a few times now.

message 24: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 81 comments Yeah I am the same with slow books, I find I start skimming through the pages.

message 25: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin G That's great! Remember to vote for December.

message 26: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin G I thought so too. I read all three in like a month.