Detailed Roleplayers discussion

1x1 > Emma & Mal

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mal (last edited Dec 30, 2014 04:50PM) (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments ★ Uɴᴏ: (view spoiler)
Dᴏs: (view spoiler)

Here we are :P

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Hello :D

message 3: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments :3 So. I'm pretty much idea-dry right now :P

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments That's okay, I've got a couple XD

Um, for the first one, the clothing makes me think of an earlier time period, although I'm not really sure which century or anything (I'm normally not very good with that.) And, I don't know if you had anything in mind at all, but the colouring kind of reminds me of ghosts, and I kind of had some ideas around that, but it depends on if you're interested in the premise or not.

And for the second, it kind of makes me think of like faeries and possibly a princess, since the girl in the cage looks to be wearing a crown, but maybe she's thought to be dead because a family member wanted the throne and she needs to fight against it or something?

message 5: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments Well, yeah, I know that they're ghosts :p the photo makes me feel a lot of feels so that's why I initially wanted to do it :p so yeah! Shoot.

Yeah yeah. That sounds cool. I mean -- it would definitely be a more fantasy based plot I feel.

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments lol I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page; I've seen people do all sorts of different interpretations about pictures.

But anyways um

So we could do all kinds of drama; with ghosts the common idea is that there's something emotional holding them back from whatever afterlife there's supposed to be, right?

So I was thinking we could do any sort of emotional drama; they (as in one of them) were engaged before they died but as they're stuck around forced to watch things they find out their fiancee never loved them, or they watch everyone else move on but they can't figure out why they're stuck, and they could meet this other ghost, who has emotional problems of their own. And maybe they start to become friends, or develop a relationship or something? But they're still stuck on earth and want to figure out why but also don't because they don't want to leave each other? Or something?

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments I have others too it's just hard for me to get my thoughts into sentences right now

message 8: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments Oh no no, you wrote everything out perfectly :3
I'm not any good at explaining myself either, but I understood everything :P
I actually really like that idea!
It's either that or something along the lines of one is still alive and the other is death, but I think I like your idea better ... but that's me :P

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments I think the one alive, one dead tends to be a bit overdone? And this way we could give them all kinds of personal drama, and that kind of thing XD

message 10: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments I agree :3

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Great! :D

message 12: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments So ... who did you want to be?

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments I would... prefer the girl? But I could probably do the guy if you really wanted, or we could try to work in doubles?

message 14: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments It's your idea, so you can have the girl.

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments thanks :) should we start on characters then I guess?

message 16: by Mal (last edited Nov 08, 2014 08:30AM) (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments Yup. I just got up like twenty minutes ago so I'm gonna take a little longer :P Short profiles okay? Also -- was she engaged, or was he? I'm assuming she, but I don't know what you were thinking.

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments I'd be fine with either; I have all kinds of personal dramas I want to try out with various characters, so I'd be good if you wanted to have that one, and I'll work something else out for my character. :) and yeah short profiles are fine

message 18: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments Oh, I dont really care either :s
I was just asking -- cause we should probably figure it out.

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments yeah probably XD
stuck in the endless loop of not caring XD

message 20: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments uuuuuuhhhh. we suck. XD

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments lol yep
soooooo do you want to use it or should I just use it?

message 22: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments I don't care. That's the problem :p
You can use it if you want.
His emotional trauma can be that he has a son he left behind.

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments ooh okay I like that XD

message 24: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments Yay~!

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments :D
okay so I'll get started on my character soon :)

message 26: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments Me as well :P

message 27: by Mal (last edited Nov 09, 2014 12:35PM) (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments

|▸ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx ----- |▸ ʜᴀᴢᴇʟ ᴇʏᴇs ----- |▸ ʟᴜᴄᴀs ᴍᴇᴅᴇɪʀᴏs
|▸ 1 ◂| Aᴜɢᴜsᴛ ɢʀᴇᴡ ᴜᴘ ᴀs ᴀ ғɪɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ʙᴏʏ, he rarely got into fights with the other kids - even if they were pushing him around. He was who his parents taught him to be, despite the curiosity that came with being a child. He had no siblings and the only other family that they could speak of was their Uncle. He spent a summer or two with him before, came over one Christmas with his parents, but his Uncle never had any children. Henry was a man of generosity; he was sincere and gentle ... frail, though. He died at a young age. August found himself devestated at his Uncle's death, and withered into a husk of a boy, someone who was not what he used to be. We won't discuss what he was like as a child, that's his own secret - only ... he isn't sure he remembers much of it anymore - but he knows that he changed.
|▸ 2 ◂| Tʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ ɢʀᴇᴡ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴ, and soon his good looks granted him a crowd of women. He never had much interest in them, really. They were such restless creatures, they never seemed to be able to get enough and it was difficult to figure them out. It went on like this for several years before he met Elaine. She was certaintly more than a pretty face. August doesn't like to relive it to often, as it always leads to the same inevitable end -- their departure. There was only one good thing to coem out of them, really, but his son, Ellis, is the brightest light in his life. And even still, in his death, he watches over him, crying himself to sleep every night because he left him all alone. His mother nowhere to be found and his father killed.
|▸ 3 ◂| Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ʜᴇ ᴘᴀssᴇᴅ; August was out a bit late one night- no, not drinking, not dealing opium, not doing anything illegal ... but for work. He was in a rush to come home as the sitter must be wondering just where he was, and he wasn't sure he could afford another hour of her watching Ellis, not if he wanted Ellis to eat properly. She was a sweet girl, but he was a kind man and couldn't let her decline any extra money she had earned. All this being said he was in a hurry to get home, and though he ran through the streets every night, tonight there was a pair of a men on the loose. Not murderers, just drunkards that had wandered from the tavern just down the bend. It was his mistake, it was, running past them like he did, he should have known that intoxication could result in tragedy, but August never would have guessed that they would've pulled that knife on him. And then he was just ... dead. Gone. He couldn't touch his son. He couldn't tell him how much he loved him. He couldn't even apologize to Nancy for making her stay so late. Just- gone.

message 28: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments

➣ Clara White ➣ Twenty-Three ➣ Blue Eyes ➣ Emilia Clarke

➣ Clara was always a "proper lady", that's how her parents raised her. Not to raise her voice or make a scene, no matter how upset she got. She did as she was told, to keep her life easy and comfortable. Even if she wasn't always overly happy with it. In fact, her parent's world often seemed boring, repetitive, unnecessary. But she also couldn't really do anything about how she felt. So she just tried to keep herself as happy as she could, reading books that she was interested in, playing music that she was interested in... all when her parents were nowhere to be found, of course. Small little acts of rebellion that amounted to nothing. This was her childhood into her teenage years, and soon enough she was old enough for her mother to be considering things like courtships and marriage.
➣ Clara was a pretty woman, so of course there were men interested, but she wasn't interested back...until Charlie. They became fast friends, then fell in love, the months blurring together. Friendship, romance, proposal, engagement...death. Two weeks before their wedding, to be precise.
➣ Clara's not entirely clear on how exactly it happened, but she did piece together the basics. She had been at a dinner party with Charlie, and her parents, it was a large party, and somehow she picked up someone else's drink. A silly mistake, really, but she didn't realize until it was too late. She remembered her head starting to hurt, and feeling really thirsty--she drank water until she decided that she needed to just go home and rest. So, she did...but she didn't wake up after she fell asleep. The drink had been poisoned. She hadn't expected death to be like this. Watching. Feeling lost, hurt. And she didn't know what to do about it.

message 29: by Mal (last edited Nov 09, 2014 11:33AM) (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments Oh I like her!
They're going to be a good match; I feel it :P

message 30: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments yayyyy I love it when characters work together (I've done many a rp that feels kind of forced?) :D I like him! Should we get started?

message 31: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments Well, I think that since they've both lost something/one that they'll be able to connect somehow. And they both want to stay here, but they both understand that they're dead and - yah. This is gonna be a roleplay that will make me cry, I can tell already XD But yes yes! I've done a lot of those as well, and yuck. It's no fun to roleplay at all ;-;
Anyway! We shall :D
Where shall we begin??

message 32: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments ohhh rps that make me cryyy XD I've only done a couple but it's always great XD
ummm well if you could start that would be great? Maybe like they meet for the first time or something and it's super weird cause they haven't met other ghosts before or something? Did you have any thoughts?

message 33: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments Everything makes me cry XD
It's terrible. But true, ahaha!
Uuuum. Yeah I can start. Let's see.
We can do that -- but where would they meet? Are they able to walk the world? Or just the town? Like... are they tied down to something?

message 34: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments huh I really didn't think of that....I think they wouldn't be physically tied down or anything, but I can't see Clara leaving unless it's been years or something...how long are we thinking this is from their deaths?

message 35: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments Okay :P I can't really see him ever wanting to leave, so we're more or less on the same page :D
Uuuuh. I wouldn't think it would be too long? I dont konw if they died around the same time, but I think - to make it a little more fun - make it sooner rather than later, so the wound of death is still ... like ... fresh? :3

message 36: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments I like to think they would have died around the same time? Keepsthe emotional drama extra strong, right? XD so yeah, sooner rather than later.

message 37: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments Right on. So- like ... a few months maybe? And they're still trying to cope?
Where would they have met as ghosts? Just in town?

message 38: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Yeah, I think that makes sense.

message 39: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments I'll get started on my post then :3

message 40: by Mal (last edited Nov 09, 2014 12:53PM) (new)

"Can we go to the toy store, Nancy?" The five year old looked up at his babysitter with wide blue eyes, one of pleading. He got them from his mother.

"Ellis, you know we can't afford it." The boy withered slightly, ducking those eyes of his away from her. Nancy bit her bottom lip, lifting her skirts and squatting down before him. Ellis glanced at her breifly, but didn't bother her further. Though he was young, the passing of his father had driven him into gentle doldrum. There seemed not a day that passed where he didn't wait for his father to come back to him. Nancy straightened his collar and tugged lightly on the sleeves of his coat. "... Only to look."

Ellis rose his eyes at her and a small smile broke over his features. He nodded quickly and the girl rose to her feet, reaching for his hand. He toddeled along with her out of the square, eager to whisk away his worries and emerse himself in toys that, in the end, he really couldn't have.

The boys father watched on from the bench, his hands clammy and his eyes damp. For the millionth time in the past few months he had to look away. He had to sit by and do nothing. So many times he had told his son that he was there, that he hadn't left him, but Ellis could never hear him. He tossed and turned in his bed- sometimes August would watch him just stare at the ceiling. He never seemed to get enough sleep.

August could relate. He never slept. Then again- maybe that was part of the whole being dead thing. Looking down at his whispy hands he clamped them together and stared through them at the cobblestone paving the town, a rickety carriage clambering through the streets as Nancy and Ellis stuck close through the scattered hefts of people. People that they could touch and feel and talk too.

The deceased rose off the bench and hunkered his hands into his jacket pockets. He looked unkempt as the night he was killed. Fortunatly for him ths stab wound was covered by his jacket, even if the blood stain stood there as a reminder. August followed after them, walking across the square - around people that bickered with one another, through people that shivered afterwards, and past a couple of laughing children playing what he presumed was tag.

(Hope that was alright :D
Sorry I posted it twice, I went to edit it and accidently deleted; phew, so glad I had it on word ^^")

message 41: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments

Clara really didn't know what to do with herself. Her funeral had been a day before--what a strange thought, her own funeral. In all her thoughts about death, heaven, hell, or whatever else there might have been, whatever was reality, she had never pictured being stuck. On earth, seeing everybody but them unable to see her, being able to talk but not to be heard...existing but not, not really. She was still in that stupid dinner party dress, having not bothered to change out of it that night, instead just collapsing into bed. Mother would kill her for it later, she remembered thinking, ironic that she had already been dead.

Irony. She wanted to laugh that she could even still think of such a thing, but no, she couldn't laugh, nothing was funny. She was dead, two weeks before she was supposed to be married, and what was she supposed to do now? Just roam the earth, with no colour to her skin...or anything, for that matter. Was she supposed to wait? To watch Charlie and her family, until they died too? Well, she couldn't take it, she couldn't stand to watch her mother cry, in only black dresses, or to watch Charlie just sit and stare at a wall, or for her father to try but not know how to comfort her mother: she shouldn't have to watch it. It hurt too much.

She was wandering through a park, smiling at a little boy who was asking his...mother? She looked to young to be a mother, but what other relation could there be? He was asking her to go to the toy store, and she was saying that they couldn't afford it. He was really cute, giving puppy dog eyes until she gave in. She would have had a child like that...but she couldn't let herself think about any of that. Sighing, she continued walking, but she noticed a guy...that kind of looked the same as she did. A bloodstain on his jacket, his colouring...not quite right. Was she not the only...ghost? Was everyone who died stuck like this? Just a few? She wanted to see if he knew...but what if he couldn't see her, hear her, just like everybody else?

message 42: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments ((No ohmygod that was great I hope mine's ok XD
and goodreads just deleted a character I didn't have saved, so I know the feel))

message 43: by Mal (new)

((It was perfect <3
Sorry I didnt get around to answering earlier!
I had other replies and procrastinated homework and reading to do XD))

August began to follow after Ellis and Nancy, eyes still red rimmed, when something unusual caught his attention. A girl. A girl who ... he blinked, eyes widening. All these days ... he's been alone, hasn't he? He didn't think that there had been a single boy or girl like him wandering these streets. Then again, maybe he just hadn't noticed- all he really did was keep watch over his son. If it weren't for the fact that he couldn't tell him that he was there, protecting him, then August probably would've have thought it fatherly of him. But he coudln't, he was dead. And for the first time in the past two months -- has it been two months? There was a girl that didn't look like she fit in, and she was staring right at him. Right at him!

What did he do? Could he just go over there and tell her he was dead too? Or was she not dead? If she wasn't dead then why was she able to see him? No ... No she had to be dead. She just - she had too, because that meant that he wasn't alone. That this wasn't punishment for something he did in life, that death wasn't just an endless loneliness, even if it was without his son. Suddenly August looked away, eyes careening from person to person in an effort to spot the blonde of Ellis' hair under the little hat. He didn't relax when he did though, because the girl was still there. Still looking at him. Still ... dead?

August shook himself out of it. No. He wouldn't abandon his son twice. He started in the direction he and Nancy had went in, eyes easily finding the toy store's sign down the block, but his steps became heavy. With a shaky sigh he looked over his shoulder- "Damn." he breathed. Hating himself more than ever August turned around, not daring to look behind him because he knew that if he did then he would go after Ellis.

"Excuse me?" he called up to the girl, hurrying his pace even though he had all the time in the world to be dead. Not like he was in a hurry. "Miss ...? Can you ... can you see me?" He stopped five feet away from her, feet sticking to the cobblestone.

message 44: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments ((Oh my god no don't worry I have a ton of stuff as well and this reply is giving me a super hard time for some reason -_- I should have it up tomorrow, but definitely by the weekend. I'm so sorry this is taking me so long omg))

message 45: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments ((Don't even worry about it, I haven't really been around lately. I've been sick for the past - like - week, unable to reply anyway. You're fine ^^))

message 46: by Emma (last edited Nov 23, 2014 05:45PM) (new)

Emma | 1951 comments
Clara's eyes widened more when she saw the man walking towards her (and she had checked over her shoulder to make sure there was no one else he could be walking towards--there wasn't), and she was even more shocked when he addressed her. Sure, she had thought he looked...off, but she had also thought that could have been her own wishful thinking. She nodded before she actually said anything, still trying to form words in her head. "Yes, I can see you...And I suppose it's evident you can see me?" She didn't want to be insensitive and ask if he was...dead. He kind of looked like he was, but you could never be sure about anything, could you? And if humans could see her, why couldn't her family?

But still, she had no idea how to casually ask "are you dead". It wasn't exactly brought up in polite conversation. It was actually something she had never asked anyone ever before, seeing as she had been alive, until about a week and a half ago, and this was the first person who could actually see her. "Um...What's your name?" She asked, figuring she couldn't carry on a conversation without at least knowing what to call him. She suddenly felt nervous, this was the first person she was talking to since she had...died, and, well, what if she screwed something up or made a fool of herself? She didn't know if there was someone else who would be able to see her.

She looked back at the woman and child one last time before they were out of eyesight, and wondered if he knew the boy and woman taking care of him, it seemed like he had been watching them and had actually started to follow them before approaching her. He could have just been watching, like her, but the brightness in his red-rimmed eyes told her that wasn't the case. She wondered what the relation was. The woman didn't seem to be in mourning, so he couldn't be the father, since he looked too young to have had a child and died too long ago. But she wouldn't know unless he said anything, and it wasn't her place to ask.

message 47: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments ((If you're still willing to roleplay with me I'd love to continue this <3
I'm so sorry I never posted. Honestly? I just got caught up in school and forgot.))

message 48: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments ((Id love to continue! And I kind of did the same thing, so it's totally fine))

message 49: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) | 721 comments ((Oh phew! Well yay! I'll get on it then! :D))

message 50: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments ((Okay, great :) ))

« previous 1