What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > A female sword-wielding mercenary who lives in some sort of mercenary compound and is partnered up with a lady mage. she gets sent on a mission without her partner into some sort of catacomb/ lair.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zelda (new)

Zelda Baggins (zeldabaggins) | 12 comments The names of the author and characters escape me but I do know that the mage chick isn't in there very much.The main character gets sent on a mission by her superior and goes underground to the lair of a demon or something very similar. There she fights her way through minions to holding cells and meets Narcissus very briefly and then comes across a guy who was being held as the demon's sex slave. She rescues him and takes him back to the mercenary fortress and discover has some sort of magical crystal that she needs.That is about all I can remember except she ends up with the sex slave and I liked it. Please tell me if you find anything even remotely similar.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
When did you read this Emu-chan? Where did you find it? What format did you read it in--dead tree, electronic, voice etc. How did you find it? Do you remember anything about the cover?

message 3: by Zelda (new)

Zelda Baggins (zeldabaggins) | 12 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "When did you read this Emu-chan? Where did you find it? What format did you read it in--dead tree, electronic, voice etc. How did you find it? Do you remember anything about the cover?"

I Read it in the time frame of 2011-2012. It was a paper back that I put on hold at the library after searching for fantasy books. I think the cover had a castle or a fort on it I am not sure.

message 4: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 474 comments Is there any chance your library would have a record of your holds? My library keeps track of past holds that were filled or canceled back to at least 2009, for example, but it's only on the staff database so you'd have to ask one of the workers to print a list for you.

It's quite possible your library system doesn't keep that information, or at least not for very long, due to privacy concerns, but it might be worth asking.

message 5: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (notemily) | 478 comments The mercenary + mage combination reminds me of The Oathbound, but the rest of the story doesn't fit.

message 6: by Zelda (new)

Zelda Baggins (zeldabaggins) | 12 comments Peter wrote: "Is there any chance your library would have a record of your holds? My library keeps track of past holds that were filled or canceled back to at least 2009, for example, but it's only on the staff ..."

I'll try that, Thank you.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Zelda, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Pixiegirl105 (new)

Pixiegirl105 | 164 comments This sounds like a mixture of the books in the series book of the order byPhilippa Ballantine.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Oathbound (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Philippa Ballantine (other topics)