The Book Vipers discussion

House of Leaves
This topic is about House of Leaves
Read Along's Archive > Readalong - House of Leaves - NO SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul (halfmanhalfbook) | 5462 comments Mod
The discussion thread is now open. No spoilers on this one, please.

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex Beresford | 13 comments It's a shame this isn't available on the Kindle. Will sit this one out.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan (suze0501) | 190 comments Me too, Alex - for the same reason.

message 4: by Paul (new)

It has been pointed out to me that this is £19 in paperback!

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex Beresford | 13 comments I saw that price on Amazon as well. Ridiculous!

message 6: by Paul (new)

I have made it a read along book for those that want to, and Age of Miracles will be the December read.

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex Beresford | 13 comments Thanks Paul. I'll check put Age of Miracles.

message 8: by Sandy (new) - added it

Sandy | 458 comments Is anyone planning on reading this? I've read a small portion, and looked through the rest. It seems weird.

Travelling Bookworm (travellingbookworm) I read this one last month. It is really creepy in places, and the story really pulls you in, but at other times I found that it was a bit of a struggle to continue. A very interesting story that is being told through a fairly dry and unexciting paper can be a bit tough.

message 10: by Sandy (new) - added it

Sandy | 458 comments Thanks Damla. I've read the intro and the first page says- This is not for you. Maybe I should heed this warning.lol

message 11: by Casey (new) - added it

Casey Albert | 29 comments I am planning to start on this one soon. I have heard from a few people that it is dark but completely brilliant.

message 12: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 553 comments I went to the Gothic exhibition at the British Library this week and this book was mentioned. Had a look at it in the shop and it does look really interesting. I'd like to read it but with the huge price tag (£26 in the exhibition shop!!!) I'll be looking for it in my library!

message 13: by Stacey Grey (new)

Stacey Grey | 1 comments Just ordered this from Amazon. I only read the synopsis on the GR page because I was scared of spoilers but it sounds interesting.