Making Connections discussion

A Game of Greed and Deception
This topic is about A Game of Greed and Deception
ARCHIVES > Networking, reviewing, reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

John Mathews (johnmathews) | 13 comments Cheers to all, I'm John. Looking for a network of people to exchange reads and reviews with - and not just one on one. Take a look at my first novel and please message me if interested.

John Mathews (johnmathews) | 13 comments Thank you, Sandra. Sure....are you also an author? I Would love your read and review feedback. PLease download my book on Amazon.

John Mathews (johnmathews) | 13 comments Please - give me a nice read and review. I would value your opinion. I hope you enjoy it! Tell me what you think. Thanks

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan Parker | 1 comments Hi All,
We have few education books that help children understand better.. i'm seeking for reviews... i can do review swap too.. If anyone is willing to do that please reply back and i'll send you the links to our books...

message 5: by S. (new) - added it

S. Aksah | 27 comments John wrote: "Cheers to all, I'm John. Looking for a network of people to exchange reads and reviews with - and not just one on one. Take a look at my first novel and please message me if interested."

I've added your book to my TBR :)

message 6: by K. (new)

K. Jarrait (kannejarrait) | 3 comments Hello all,

I think it is a great idea as far as helping each other to get reviews, however, I know there has been a lot of flack as of late when authors review each other's work. Maybe the best thing would be to set up a list that you can choose from. A read/review list, making sure that authors do not review other authors who have previously reviewed their own work, but doing a sort of one for one. If so and so reads and reviews your book, you must select a different author to read and review who is also looking for reviews.
I have heard of fans and book sale sites such as amazon not looking too kindly on reciprocal read and reviews.

message 7: by Jim (last edited Nov 15, 2014 12:41PM) (new)

Jim Vuksic Soliciting, reciprocating, purchasing, and trading book reviews is an anomaly that can be traced to the renaissance of independently and self-published books, brought about by the inventions of the personal computer and the internet. Prior to that, readers' ratings and reviews would be sent into literary periodicals and newspapers to be included among those of established professional reviewers.

Reviews are written by readers for readers, not authors. Each is merely a reader's personal opinion of the book, not a compliment or an indictment to be taken personally by the author.

Traditional marketing promotions and publicity are time-proven methods for attracting readers. Some of those readers will rate and review the book, many will not. A dozen unsolicited, honest reviews are far more effective and helpful then hundreds of solicited or recipricol reviews which are usually ignored by most readers.

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael Mardel (michaelpmardel) | 181 comments Susan wrote: "Hi All,
We have few education books that help children understand better.. i'm seeking for reviews... i can do review swap too.. If anyone is willing to do that please reply back and i'll send you ..."

I have 4 middle grade books for review. Are you interested in an exchange?
Michael Mardel
michaelmardel98@gmail.com
PDF or Kindle or epub for you to me
and PDF only from me to you.

message 9: by Indie Editor Nancy (last edited Nov 15, 2014 06:29PM) (new)

Indie Editor Nancy (indieeditornancy) | 32 comments I may be interested in reviewing the middle school books, I have a 14 yr old with a visual learning disorder. She may be able to give her insight as well. I read on kindle but can manage pdf. nancy.tulloch@sympatico.ca nancy.tulloch@kindle.com

message 10: by T.R. (new)

T.R. Robinson (t_r_robinson) | 76 comments I agree with K's idea. Think everyone would find that helpful.