The Hopefuls discussion

Discussions about Books > Nonfiction Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly (new)

Molly | 19 comments So I'm thinking of reading some more nonfiction, since I don't really read any at the moment. Does anyone have any good suggestions? :)

message 2: by Ailish (new)

Ailish I saw a book in waterstones about lists people have kept over the years, it looks quite cool, I'll try and find the name xx :)

message 3: by Ailish (new)

Ailish I saw a book in waterstones about lists people have kept over the years, it looks quite cool, I'll try and find the name xx :)

message 4: by Ailish (new)

Ailish Lists of note by Shaun Usher xx :)

message 5: by Ailish (new)

message 6: by Ailish (new)

message 7: by Ailish (new)

message 8: by Ailish (new)

message 9: by Ailish (new)

message 10: by Ailish (new)

Ailish Woah!! Don't know what happened there!!

message 11: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) Ailish wrote: "Woah!! Don't know what happened there!!"

xD Gosh Ailish you are such a spammer ;)

I'm just kidding. That has happened to me a couple of times too. I have no idea why it does that xD

message 12: by Molly (new)

Molly | 19 comments Hahaha that's fine, thanks for the suggestion!!

message 13: by Zahro (new)

Zahro I just finished What If? Serious scientific answers to hypothetical questions
And it is no joke. So much fun. :D

message 14: by Ailish (new)

Ailish Ashley: haha!! :) xx I think it's if I click the post button on my phone more than once

message 15: by Ailish (new)

Ailish Molly: :P

message 16: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) Ailish wrote: "Ashley: haha!! :) xx I think it's if I click the post button on my phone more than once"

Oh yeah I have done that too! That must be it :)

message 17: by BlaiddDrwg (new)

BlaiddDrwg | 6 comments well, if you'd like to and haven't read it before I highly recommend The Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. I'm not really into non fiction though I like to read some biographies/autobiographies sometimes but I really loved this book.

message 18: by Molly (new)

Molly | 19 comments Oh, I remember Hank Green talking about What If? in a vlogbrothers video! I forgot that I wanted to check it out! Ok I put everyone's suggestions on my TBR thanks so much!!

message 19: by Julie (new)

Julie | 20 comments One of my favorite nonfiction is Wild Swans by Jung Chang, it's brilliant, and have been one of my favorite books for years!

message 20: by Emilie (new)

Emilie Grace | 4 comments Popular; vintage wisdom for a modern geek, by maya van wagenen is amazing.

message 21: by Angela Jr. (new)

Angela Jr. i don't really own that many non-fiction books but one i'd definitely recommend is "a child called 'it'" by dave pelzer. it's not what you'd call a fun read but i chose to read it in school for extra credit for english when i was younger and while some passages of it are really hard to read, i think it's still a very interesting book. it tells the story of an abusive mother and her kids. pelzer also wrote two sequels continuing the story - the lost boy and a man named dave.

another one that i found interesting to read is 102 minutes by jim dwyer and kevin flynn. again, not what you would call a fun read ^^ it tells the story of some of the survivors of the attack on the world trade center.

the last one i own is sickened by julie gregory and it's about a mother who suffers from the munchausen syndrome by proxy and her relationship with her daughter. it's a rather serious book, but still worth reading. i chose to read this in school for extra credit for psychology and wrote my final paper on the munchausen syndrome in general.