Bargain Books for Under $5 discussion

Information/Introductions > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Dean (alicia_dean) I'm Alicia Dean, an author, editor, and reader in Edmond, Oklahoma. I love books and I especially love a bargain.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Owens | 2 comments Hi, My name is Susan JP Owens. I'm an author, an avid reader of all genres, especially romance, and love a good deal on books too!

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Preston | 2 comments Hi! My name is Patricia Preston. I'm author, reader, and amateur photographer from Mississippi. I'm writing a series of historicals set in the French Quarters and a contemporary series set near Nashville. I'm always looking for a good buy on books or anything. My favorite place in a store is the clearance aisle.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 2 comments Hello! I'm Mary Morgan, an author and avid reader from California. I'm always looking for a bargain, especially in books.

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane Burton | 1 comments Hi! I'm Diane Burton. I love reading all genres. I write science fiction romance, romantic suspense, and mysteries.

message 6: by Leslie (new)

Leslie HI! I'm Leslie --just a reader and a homeschool mom. I know a couple of authors, though! ;)

message 7: by Ally (new)

Ally (allyhayescomcastnet) | 3 comments Happy to join this group. I'm Ally and have been a Goodreads member for a a while and thrilled to now be a Goodreads author!

message 8: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Downing (goodreadscomandreadowning) | 3 comments Hi! I'm Andrea Downing, an author with The Wild Rose Press, and I write historical western romance.

message 9: by Callie (new)

Callie Hutton | 13 comments Hi there! I'm Callie Hutton and I LOVE to read historical romance. Regency, Western, and Highland. I also write Regency and Western, and am just now finishing up the next in my regency series that takes place in the Highlands. And I LOVE bargain books!!

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Jones (sandrajones) | 2 comments Hi, all! I'm Sandra Jones, and I write historical romance for Samhain Publishing and Avon Impulse. My latest series is The River Rogues, which is set in 1800s America. I love finding new books to read---especially if they're a bargain!

message 11: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Kelley | 6 comments Hi, all. I'm L. A. Kelley. I write fantasies with adventure, humor, romance, and a touch of sass.

message 12: by Rolynn (new)

Rolynn Anderson (rolynnanderson) | 2 comments Did someone say SALE? I'm in. I write mystery/suspense novels, spiked with romance. Always contemporary settings; heroes and heroines on precipices.

message 13: by Lucian (new)

Lucian Bane | 12 comments My name is Lucian Bane, Author of the DomWars Series as well as a paranormal series Ruin which is in progress. Lucian Bane

message 14: by Linda (new)

Linda Trout (lindatrout) | 3 comments I'm Linda Trout, an author from Oklahoma. I write Contemporary Romantic Suspense for The Wild Rose Press and also like to read a wide range of genres from sweet to spicy. And who doesn't love a bargain book?

message 15: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie Crowne (maccrowne) | 3 comments I love a bargain almost as much as a good romance. My name is Mackenzie Crowne and I write sensual contemporary with a side of sass. My friends call me Mac. :-)

message 16: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Edwards (barbaraedwards) | 3 comments Hi, I'm Barbara Edwards and I'm published with the wild Rose Press and WingsEpress. I write in historical romance, paranormal romance, romantic suspense, and sweet romance. Goes to show you never know where you'll end up when you let your imagination free.

message 17: by Jill (new)

Jill Hughey | 6 comments I'm Jill Hughey. I read romance - favorite genre is historical. I write historical and New Adult romance.

message 18: by Judy (new)

Judy Davis | 3 comments Hello! I'm Judy Ann Davis and I'm a Pennsylvania writer and author. I write contemporary romantic suspense, historical romantic suspense, mystery, and short stories. I love to write humorous dialogue for my characters.

message 19: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Dean (alicia_dean) Welcome, everyone...so happy to have you here!

message 20: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Dean (alicia_dean) Pamela wrote: "Hi, I'm Pam, just joined the group to keep an eye out for bargains. I'll share ones I find too.

May I ask, is there a thread for temporary reductions under the $5 limit? That could be useful."

Hi Pam, I'm not sure I understand the question. All of the books listed are 'under' the $5 limit. I thought about having a 'temporary reduction' topic, but then I decided it might be a bit too many topics and authors would have to remember to move their books around. So, my goal is to have all books under $5 listed, whether it's a permanent or sale price, and if a book is on sale, but the sale ends, the author should remove it or change the price. Does that make sense?

message 21: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Dean (alicia_dean) Yes, that would be great so that others don't mistakenly purchase, thinking it's a lower price. Thanks!

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa DeVore | 3 comments Hi everyone! My name is Lisa DeVore and I'm a romance/suspense author with The Wild Rose Press.

message 23: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Bonatch | 2 comments Hello everyone! I'm an author or paranormal romance/fantasy and an avid reader of that as well as horror, suspense, YA...okay, most kinds of books, lol. I do love a bargain! Maureen Bonatch

message 24: by Susan (new)

Susan Coryell (susancoryell) | 2 comments Susan Coryell, here, and I write cozy mysteries/Southern Gothics with The Wild Rose Press.

message 25: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Baron | 5 comments Hi. I'm Marilyn Baron. I write historical romantic thrillers, coming-of-middle-age women's fiction, suspense and paranormal for The Wild Rose Press. I'm also an avid reader.

message 26: by Carly (new)

Carly Carson | 3 comments Hi, I'm Carly Carson, reader and author. I read everything but horror and I write mostly contemporary, with a bit of paranormal. Happy to join you all!

message 27: by Danita (new)

Danita Cahill (danitacahill) | 5 comments Hi, I'm Danita Cahill - reader, writer, photographer and alpaca rancher. I write nonfiction, mystery, and contemporary romance with three books out so far in the Bellham Romance Series. My tagline is Western Hometown Love & Laughter.

message 28: by Megan (new)

Megan Kelly (megankelly) | 3 comments Hey, Everyone. I'm Megan Kelly, reader and author, in that order! I'm never without a book and am usually reading a paper/digital book and listening to an audio.
I write contemporary romance, and read all kinds of romance, mystery, and general fiction.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 29: by L.J. (new)

L.J. Taylor (ljtaylorbooks) | 2 comments Hello, I'm L.J. Taylor, an author of romantic suspense and suspense novels. I am also an avid reader who loves a good deal. I like to read romantic suspense, erotica and spy novels mostly.

message 30: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Garner (marissa_garner) | 10 comments Hi, I’m Marissa Garner. I’m a wife, writer, chocoholic, and animal lover, not necessarily in that order. Of course, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't also a voracious reader and sales junkie.

message 31: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamelasthibodeaux) Hi, I'm Pamela S Thibodeaux an avid reader and published author. I write "Inspirational With an Edge!" romance & women's fiction as well as creative non-fiction.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 32: by M.J. (last edited Jan 18, 2015 08:47AM) (new)

M.J. Schiller (mjschiller) | 2 comments Howdy! Glad to be here! I'm M.J. Schiller and I'm a lunch lady/romance-romantic suspense writer. I enjoy writing novels whose characters include rock stars, desert princes, teachers, futuristic Knights, construction workers, cops, and a wide variety of others. In my mind everybody has a romance. I am the mother of a twenty-year-old and three eighteen-year-olds. That's right, triplets! So having recently taught four children to drive, I like to escape from life on occasion by pretending to be a rock star at karaoke. (You won’t be seeing me on any record labels soon.) I love to read but struggle to find time to do it. Thanks for having me!

M.J. Schiller

message 33: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla | 1 comments Hello, I'm Priscilla. I enjoy reading mostly non-fiction and I love a good deal.

message 34: by Rainer (new)

Rainer Süss | 2 comments Hi, I'm Rainer. I used to be a research metallurgist in South Africa, but now I live in New Zealand and at the moment I'm just doing what I love more - reading and writing! I'm mostly into sci-fi, fantasy and horror.
Please visit my website for more about me and my books.
http://rainersuss.wix.com/dogmatic-pr...
Thanks!

message 35: by H.A. (new)

H.A. Kotys | 3 comments Hi all, nice to e-meet you. I've been writing for about ten years and last summer took the plunge to publish for the first time. Scary but at the same exciting, I now have four books out and write in two categories - dark erotic thrillers and contemporary romance.
Look forward to e-meeting / chatting!

message 36: by Vivette (new)

Vivette (vivettehauser) | 2 comments Hi everyone, I'm an avid reader of fantasy and sci-fi novels. Historical romances are my guilty pleasure. I'm also the author of Celtic Forest, the first book in an epic fantasy tale, currently toiling away on the seconf book in the series. I always love to hear from fellow readers and writers. So don't hesitate to reach out. Looking forward to meeting you!

message 37: by Chris (new)

Chris Keane Hi Everyone!

I'm a dad and part-time author. During the day I have a kinda techy job so it's much needed to use the other side of my brain!

I love all kinds of books...my favorite are probably drama and action/adventure types.

Look forward to chatting with you all.

Chris

message 38: by Paullina (new)

Paullina Nichols | 2 comments Hi!

I'm Paullina and I am just all over Goodreads exploring when I can. I just joined in December 2015, so I'm newbie. I love to read and write, particularly Romance (Paranormal erotic romance). I'm open to other genres as well, but that's my favorite. I'm super excited about publishing my first novel and can't wait to see what everyone else is reading.

Happy Reading,

Paully

www.paullynichols.com

message 39: by Hazel (new)

Hazel Hughes | 6 comments Hazel Hughes

Hi everyone,
I'm a reader and writer of contemporary erotic romance. I'm a bit of a globe-trotter but am (maybe, finally) putting down roots in beautiful upstate New York.

message 40: by H.A. (new)

H.A. Kotys | 3 comments Hi Hazel, welcome. :)

message 41: by Hazel (new)

Hazel Hughes | 6 comments Thanks!

message 42: by Judy (new)

Judy Gill (judyinthejungle) | 2 comments Hello group,
I'm Judy Griffith Gill, a writer from 'way back when, and still at it. My favorite genres are SF (not fantasy), Thrillers, & Romance. I've edited all genres over the years, and write in both SF and Romance. I live with my husband aboard a 34 ft. cabin cruiser on the South Coast of British Columbia, Canada. If anyone's interested in a free SF download, please let me know and I'll send you the link.

message 43: by Viktoria (new)

Viktoria Faust | 4 comments Hi, I'm Croatian horror/SF/fantasy writer with more then 30 books published. I published my first English novel Beauty Of The Beast last year, this year my story is in horror anthology Shadows And Teeth and I'm winner of publishing deal on Online Book Club. Now I'm in another competition, I will be posting link on other thread.