What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Story of Harold
This topic is about The Story of Harold
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Suicidal New York children's book author befriends young boy [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ily (new)

Ily Goyanes (realily) | 2 comments What I remember:
Main character is a successful children's author who lives in New York
He is a gay male over 40, do not remember exact age, just that he was not "young"
He is in the works of hiring someone to kill him (as a form of suicide)
He befriends a young boy, the son of someone he knows

Possible:
"Snow White" or "Snow" or "White" may have been part of the title

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
When did you read this book Ily? Was it adult, NA, YA, or children's? (I am assuming adult, but that's more because of the age of the MC than anything else, but figured I'd better ask.)

Where did you find the book? How did you find the book? Do you remember anything about the cover?

Does his friendship with the young boy help him with overcoming his depression? Do not hesitate to list any Spoilers you can remember, as often it is these which help us to find a book. However, if you are worried about posting them, in case someone reading your posts decides they want to find a copy of this book too, go up to Some HTML is OK at the top right of the comment box. That will show you what to use to "hide" the spoiler so that a click is required to read it.

message 3: by Ily (new)

Ily Goyanes (realily) | 2 comments I also wrote to someone I know at Lambda Literary and she was able to help. The book I've been searching for is The Story of Harold by Terry Andrews (a pseudonym). The author's real name is George Seldon, who was actually a successful children's author in real life.

Thank you so much,

Ily

message 4: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (notemily) | 478 comments The Story of Harold for the link.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Wow. What a weird sounding book. It was originally illustrated by Edward Gorey. And George Selden is the author of The Cricket in Times Square.