Pubslush Literary Corner discussion

Here's What You're Missing > 5 Things to Know Before you Crowdfund

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pubslush (new)

Pubslush | 70 comments Mod
One of our campaigners posted their tips and advice to heed before you jump into your campaign. Have you ever heard of crowdfunding? What do you think about it? Would you have any tips to give to your fellow authors?

Take a look by clicking the link; http://blog.pubslush.com/the-5-things...

About The Authors:
Grace Welker and Riva Danzig are the creators of the Oasis Pages Diary for Teen Girls, Grace on concept and words, and Riva on design. When not working to create a world of empowered, diary-keeping girls, Grace works as an editorial consultant and Riva as a graphic designer.

message 2: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Clausen I think one of the reasons that I'm hesitant to try crowdfunding is because I'm not sure how many new discreet readers the site would bring. I think I would only try it if I was sure I could make outstanding media to accompany my book project -- or if I could hire someone who was competent in putting together a good crowdfunding marketing campaign.

message 3: by Pubslush (new)

Daniel wrote: "I think one of the reasons that I'm hesitant to try crowdfunding is because I'm not sure how many new discreet readers the site would bring. I think I would only try it if I was sure I could make o..."

Hi Daniel!
If you are hesitant about creating media, there are options during your campaign to have media content created for you! The whole team is very supportive of all of our authors through the entire campaign!

If you have any additional questions or would like more information feel free to message me.

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Clausen Pubslush wrote: "Daniel wrote: "I think one of the reasons that I'm hesitant to try crowdfunding is because I'm not sure how many new discreet readers the site would bring. I think I would only try it if I was sure..."

That sounds great! Where can I learn more about pricing for that kind of service? Are these people on the Pubslush staff or is there also a community of freelancers that I have access to?

message 5: by Pubslush (new)

Daniel wrote: "Pubslush wrote: "Daniel wrote: "I think one of the reasons that I'm hesitant to try crowdfunding is because I'm not sure how many new discreet readers the site would bring. I think I would only try..."

Hi Daniel!

You can visit Pubslush.com/Prep for pricing options!

message 6: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Clausen Pubslush wrote: "Daniel wrote: "Pubslush wrote: "Daniel wrote: "I think one of the reasons that I'm hesitant to try crowdfunding is because I'm not sure how many new discreet readers the site would bring. I think I..."

Great, but I keep getting an "Oh No! You're trying to access a page that doesn't exist" when I try this link.

message 7: by Pubslush (new)

Daniel wrote: "Pubslush wrote: "Daniel wrote: "Pubslush wrote: "Daniel wrote: "I think one of the reasons that I'm hesitant to try crowdfunding is because I'm not sure how many new discreet readers the site would..."

oh sorry!
try http://pubslush.com/prep and then let me know if this one works!

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly McClymer (kellymcclymer) | 2 comments I've decided I'm going to run a crowdsourcing campaign to do the editing on the epic fantasy serialization and series of short stories I'm launching in 2015. I'm going to use IndieGogo, the flexible feature. But I'm looking for all sorts of ideas for intriguing perks for readers. Off to read your blog post.

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly McClymer (kellymcclymer) | 2 comments Pubslush wrote: "One of our campaigners posted their tips and advice to heed before you jump into your campaign. Have you ever heard of crowdfunding? What do you think about it? Would you have any tips to give to y..."

This was an interesting blog. I checked out your site. Some really interesting projects. Congrats on thinking of a way to support the book publishing niche in crowdsourcing.