What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance/ tricked into marriage; historical romance set in either Scotland or Ireland; he is mean to her.

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sydney (last edited Nov 20, 2014 01:00PM) (new)

Sydney Smith | 6 comments The female lead is young and selfish and she tricks the man into having sex with her so he has to take responsibility for taking her virginity but he already had a fiance waiting for him when he returned home so he refused to marry her but he ends up having to bring her back with him and he is ridiculously mean to her because of what she did. I'm pretty sure it's a historical romance set in either Scotland or Ireland.
*update*
just remembered something else from the book. She begs him to let her be his mistress but doesn't fully understand what she's asking so when he finally says yes he is cruel to her and takes her in a harsh unfeeling way. also when she first met him it was because he was visiting her castle for some reason and has to stay for awhile.

message 2: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Smith | 6 comments bump

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
Sydney, normal bump period is 30 days. However if you remember new information, of course you can add that at any time.

message 4: by JennyG (last edited Nov 21, 2014 02:12AM) (new)

JennyG | 532 comments Is that a medieval romance? How old is the book? Did you read it on Kindle or as a paperback?

message 5: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Smith | 6 comments i think so, between 5-7 years old, i got it as a paperback

message 6: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cynnich) | 39 comments Sounds like The Flame and the Flower but its an older book and the heroine didn't trick the hero. It was more a case of mistaken identity.

message 7: by Sydney (last edited Nov 30, 2014 06:28AM) (new)

Sydney Smith | 6 comments that's not it, she wasn't abducted. Also has nothing to do with pirates.

message 8: by Khaoula (new)

Khaoula (coukiza) | 34 comments Sydney wrote: "The female lead is young and selfish and she tricks the man into having sex with her so he has to take responsibility for taking her virginity but he already had a fiance waiting for him when he re..."

Private Arrangements? he visited her castle ,she tricks him to marry her , he will, but leaves later and become very cruel.She has an abortion , demands divorce after years and he will comeback?

message 9: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Smith | 6 comments No, she doesn't have an abortion in the book.

message 10: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Smith | 6 comments I also remembered that she is pretty young like 16-18

message 11: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 532 comments Have you ever found this?

message 12: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 532 comments Sydney wrote: "i think so, between 5-7 years old, i got it as a paperback"

Do you remember the book cover?

message 14: by JennyG (last edited Sep 09, 2017 04:20AM) (new)

JennyG | 532 comments It also sounds a lot like The Sherbrooke Bride by Catherine Coulter?

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
Sydney, are you still looking for this or did you find it?