Darynda Jones Fans discussion

DGHL > The Twelve*spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TWiser (new)

TWiser This is for the up to date readers of the series. May be spoilers.

message 2: by TWiser (new)

TWiser My guess on "the twelve"
1-Quinton
2-Amber
3-Sister Mary Elizabeth
4-Nicolette(nurse from 5)
5-Swopes
6-Osh
7-Mr.Wong
8-Rocket
Not sure about Angel or Ubie, but they could be too. And I like Osh, Mr.Wong, or Zaire as the "thirteenth warrior". And woundering when Reyes "the father" will be kidnapped.

message 3: by Kyra (new)

Kyra | 78 comments TWiser wrote: "My guess on "the twelve"
1-Quinton
2-Amber
3-Sister Mary Elizabeth
5-Swopes
6-Osh
7-Mr.Wong
8-Rocket
Not sure about Angel or Ubie, but they could be too. And I like Osh, M..."

I would probably add Agent Carson to the list. She was sort of added to the "supernatural know" in 7th Grave.

message 4: by TWiser (new)

TWiser Yeah and the captain. Maybe even Cookie. But I was thinking draw power...

message 5: by Kira (last edited Nov 06, 2014 09:11AM) (new)

Kira | 14 comments TWiser wrote: "My guess on "the twelve"
1-Quinton
2-Amber
3-Sister Mary Elizabeth
5-Swopes
6-Osh
7-Mr.Wong
8-Rocket
"

Hmm.. I dunno about rocket, he kinda just seems like an all-knowing dead logbook and nothing else..And Nicollete by far is a wildcard.. we don't know anything about her, she maybe a dreamwalker.

I'll definitely add Swoope's kid on the list because of his combine lineage, he'll be a powerful ally to Beep, Charley and Reyes someday.

message 6: by Kyra (last edited Nov 06, 2014 11:48AM) (new)

Kyra | 78 comments I got a little confused at one point towards the end. There are two sets of 12, right? The ones that were summoned (that seemed to have been emphasized several times) and the ones that are watching or sent? Or are the hounds one set and then the "good" 12 are the other? It seemed there was another group watching Charley and had something to do with killing her father.

message 7: by TWiser (new)

TWiser Idk about what Amber or Quinton could do either. But she does seem to be collecting uniquely talented people.
Kyra- Yes 2 sets of twelve. But Beep's "army" of twelve were not part of them. I think the "summoned" are the hounds and "the sent" is where her dad was heading...

message 8: by Kyra (new)

Kyra | 78 comments TWiser wrote: "Idk about what Amber or Quinton could do either. But she does seem to be collecting uniquely talented people.
Kyra- Yes 2 sets of twelve. But Beep's "army" of twelve were not part of them. I think ..."

hmm, ok. Maybe I need to reread the last few chapters again.

message 9: by Kira (last edited Nov 06, 2014 12:43PM) (new)

Kira | 14 comments TWiser wrote: "Idk about what Amber or Quinton could do either. But she does seem to be collecting uniquely talented people."

Amber is a seer.. I think. Or knows the future or things, remember what she said to Charley at her school fair? She didn't knew any of those things, nor heard their talk that morning. As, for Quinton he has the ability to see spirits, clearly. He saw the dark surrounding Reyes, and I think he can see what surrounds the Deava too. When they fully know the extent of their powers, I think it'll be both useful in the near future.

@Kyra yeah there are two set. Just like what twiser have said and explained.

message 10: by TWiser (new)

TWiser I know what the kids can do but not sure how they'll help. Amber can from a distence, Rocket can tell the furure kinda too and Charley keeps changing it. But not sure what Quinton can do to help.

message 11: by Kyra (new)

Kyra | 78 comments TWiser wrote: "I know what the kids can do but not sure how they'll help. Amber can from a distence, Rocket can tell the furure kinda too and Charley keeps changing it. But not sure what Quinton can do to help."

He can tell who is evil or not. Apparently, Charley hasn't mastered that skill as of yet. She still can't see the power surrounding Mr. Wong even though everyone else can.

Oh, and we can't forget Perry. She can see the dead as well.

message 12: by Kira (new)

Kira | 14 comments Quinton's ability is not that clear yet. Maybe he can also see the hounds. We'll know in future books. Argh!!! I can't wait for the eight book.

message 13: by TWiser (new)

TWiser I thought I put Perry.lol oops. Can't tell the next! It looks to be a few months ahead. Right before Beeps arrival maybe ;-)

message 14: by Kira (new)

Kira | 14 comments Kyra wrote: "Oh, and we can't forget Perry. She can see the dead as well"

I was thinking who Perry was, Then I thought maybe she meant Pari? The tattoo artist right? I dunno about her.. maybe maybe not.

And hey, Do you guys, remember Donovan? The biker guy? Damn...the way the biker gang just escape.. it just sits wrong w/ me. I have feeling him and his gang will be back

message 15: by TWiser (new)

TWiser Yes Pari. And I think about Donovan too. He did say he'd be back one day.

message 16: by Kyra (new)

Kyra | 78 comments Kira wrote: "Kyra wrote: "Oh, and we can't forget Perry. She can see the dead as well"

I was thinking who Perry was, Then I thought maybe she meant Pari? The tattoo artist right? I dunno about her.. maybe mayb..."

Yes, the tattoo artist. I couldn't remember how to spell it.

As for Donovan, considering Reyes demolished his house and said something to the fact that the only reason he didn't go down with it was because they had left the country, I'm thinking it's best he stays away. At least stay away from Charley. :-)

message 17: by Kyra (new)

Kyra | 78 comments Kira wrote: "Kyra wrote: "Oh, and we can't forget Perry. She can see the dead as well"

I was thinking who Perry was, Then I thought maybe she meant Pari? The tattoo artist right? I dunno about her.. maybe mayb..."

Pari could also see Reyes' darkness as well as Mr. Wong's power. So, she and Quinton are on par for power. Maybe you don't need two of them on the team.

message 18: by Angie (new)

Angie Bee | 59 comments I like to add Donovan the biker guy to the list.

message 19: by Stephanie (last edited Nov 16, 2014 01:17PM) (new)

Stephanie Raffel (stefraffel) | 10 comments I think we all would since D made him such a likable guy, but I think the reality is she very neatly got rid of him and the boys and we're not likely to see him/them again. I also wonder why we have never heard about Amador and Bianca and kids . . . . Reyes was such good friends with them at the beginning, to the point of our SoS being called Uncle Reyes. I really liked them a lot, though they are not Twelve material.

message 20: by Angie (new)

Angie Bee | 59 comments I forgot about Amador and his adorable family. I'm sure we'll see them again

message 21: by Angie (new)

Angie Bee | 59 comments I forgot about Amador and his adorable family. I'm sure we'll see them again

message 22: by Angie (new)

Angie Bee | 59 comments Off the topic here...but does anyone think that Garrett's son is meant for Beep?

message 23: by Angie (new)

Angie Bee | 59 comments I just preordered Eighth Grave After Dark on Amazon due out May 19th

message 24: by Kira (new)

Kira | 14 comments Angie wrote: "Off the topic here...but does anyone think that Garrett's son is meant for Beep?"
Hmm.. That crossed my mind. But I think the Deava, Osh has some pretty strong hold/tie to Beep in inexplicable way.

message 25: by Kyra (new)

Kyra | 78 comments Kira wrote: "Angie wrote: "Off the topic here...but does anyone think that Garrett's son is meant for Beep?"
Hmm.. That crossed my mind. But I think the Deava, Osh has some pretty strong hold/tie to Beep in ine..."

I'm glad someone else sees this as well. He is much too invested in her. Especially, when Charley stabbed herself in the end and Osh grabbed her and was checking her stomach to see if the baby was alright. You would think he was the father. I was waiting for Reyes to call him on it.

message 26: by Kira (new)

Kira | 14 comments We all knew Reyes and Osh goes way, way, million lite years back... But..He may know that Osh was/is an essential part to his future child. I am sooo freaking excited to know what will happen next. Plus, Charley was acting... I dunno.. not herself. Like she always mentions that she feels protected w/ the Deava. Her gut is telling her so. Maybe that was Beep's feeling and not hers. It could be right?

message 27: by Kyra (new)

Kyra | 78 comments Kira wrote: "We all knew Reyes and Osh goes way, way, million lite years back... But..He may know that Osh was/is an essential part to his future child. I am sooo freaking excited to know what will happen next...."

I don't think there's any love lost b/n the two of them though. I agree Charley has been really trusting of Osh and I wonder if that is going to come back and bite her. Or is he really there to help them.

message 28: by Kira (new)

Kira | 14 comments Well, based on his actions for Charley and Beep on the last book I think he really is truly concerned for their safety and welfare. Look how Swopes' and Reyes interact w/ each other now. They've become civil and almost like friends, I think Reyes and Osh will overcome their differences for the two girls.

message 29: by Angie (new)

Angie Bee | 59 comments Oh I adore Osh from the moment he burst on the scene. And I do believe he's one of the good guys with Charley's best interest at heart. It's Reyes that makes me nervous. He's the 13 that can tip the scale either way,

message 30: by TWiser (new)

TWiser I don't think Reyes is the 13th. I DID, but he's the "father" to be kidnapped. My ideas on the 13th are up top(or down bottom).

message 31: by Kyra (new)

Kyra | 78 comments Kira wrote: "Well, based on his actions for Charley and Beep on the last book I think he really is truly concerned for their safety and welfare. Look how Swopes' and Reyes interact w/ each other now. They've be..."

Hmm, I will wait and see. After all, Charley and Beep are Reyes' girls, not Osh's. Although a few times by the way he acted, you would think he was the father, not Reyes. But, that's my opinion. He's helpful now and that's fine with me. But if he steps out of line, Reyes can sever his spine.

message 32: by Kira (new)

Kira | 14 comments The 13th will blindside us all, I can just feel it. At first I thought it was Beep. But now, am not so sure.

BTW Osh is a person that you'd rather have on your side than on the opposing team. And, even though Reyes can severe his spine, wouldn't he just heal over night? Besides he implied a lot of time that the Deava is a force to reckon with. And I really have this nagging feeling about him and Beep and their future.

message 33: by Kyra (new)

Kyra | 78 comments Kira wrote: "The 13th will blindside us all, I can just feel it. At first I thought it was Beep. But now, am not so sure.

BTW Osh is a person that you'd rather have on your side than on the opposing team. And..."

Yes, I would rather have him on their side as long as he's there to help. And I do think he and Beep will have some serious connection as she gets older.

message 34: by Angie (new)

Angie Bee | 59 comments I'm re-reading Fifth Grave where Garrett explained the prophesies to Charley. There will be an army that will consist of a warrior, a scholar, a prophet, a gatekeeper, a warden, and a couple of other figures. And with the daughter's army protecting her she will take on the ruler. Are any of the the 12 we've mentioned hold these dubious titles?

message 35: by Kira (last edited Nov 21, 2014 05:15AM) (new)

Kira | 14 comments @Angie

Warrior - Could be Osh or Swoopes

Scholar - This one's tricky. It could be Cookie though 'coz she fits the bill. She does all the research and that can dub as a 'scholar'for me.

Gatekeeper - This could be Reyes, since he is the literal key, he can also be the gatekeeper of hell.

Prophet Now this could either be Amber or Rocket. Amber coz of her suddenly being a seer to Charley on her school fair and rocket coz of his knowledge w/ all the dead.

Warden - Now this could be Mr. Wong. I just have a feeling he'll be a kickass member of Beep's entourage!

message 36: by TWiser (new)

TWiser Swopes has done more research then fighting... Scholar maybe? But they could all fit one title or the another.

message 37: by Angie (new)

Angie Bee | 59 comments Wow Kira!!! great answer!!!

message 38: by Angie (new)

Angie Bee | 59 comments Wow Kira!!! great answer!!!