The Nooks of Books discussion

Movies > City of Bones Movie

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments I loved this movie!

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Lee (hlbookworm) I feel like they should have added a little background because when i watched it with my friends, they didn't know what was going on. My Sweet 16 was based on the mortal instruments! hahah

message 3: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Hannah wrote: "I feel like they should have added a little background because when i watched it with my friends, they didn't know what was going on. My Sweet 16 was based on the mortal instruments! hahah"

Sooooo cooool!!!!

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire It's okay if you've already read the book, but I saw it with someone who hadn't and they were quite confused...Robert Sheehan made a fantastic Simon.

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Lee (hlbookworm) Lauren wrote: "It's okay if you've already read the book, but I saw it with someone who hadn't and they were quite confused...Robert Sheehan made a fantastic Simon."

Totally agree! My friend was asking me questions throughout the whole movie. I had to pause and play repeatedly.

message 6: by Lily (new)

Lily Isabelle was ... Different then I imagined

message 7: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Lily wrote: "Isabelle was ... Different then I imagined"

I know!!!

message 8: by Lily (new)

Lily Too serious less beauty

message 9: by Raegan (new)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Lily wrote: "Too serious less beauty"

Exactly! I felt she was very stone faced.

message 10: by beth (new)

beth (beth01) I didn't mind this as a book to movie adap. But I hadn't read the book in a while when I watched it, so...

message 11: by Belle (new)

Belle | 12 comments so different, and mixed up. I liked it but it was lacking.

message 12: by Lily (new)

Lily Very annoying

message 13: by Reann (new)

Reann Their making it into a TV series instead of movies. I'm psyched. Whole new cast (I actually like some of the cast though...)

message 14: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 22 comments They ruined it, basically spit on the book and put trash on the screen

message 15: by Lily (new)

Lily I think the TV series will be more like the books

message 16: by Reann (new)

Reann I hope so.

message 17: by Will Solace (new)

Will Solace (willsolace) | 105 comments I saw this AS I WAS LISTENING TO

"All About Us" He is We ft Owl City

message 18: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 22 comments Yeah I hope the TV series is better, casting is so key

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Lee (hlbookworm) Will Solace wrote: "I saw this AS I WAS LISTENING TO

"All About Us" He is We ft Owl City"

I LOVE THAT SONG!! My sister and I planned to make a cover of it, but never got the time to. haha

message 20: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Lee (hlbookworm) THEY'RE MAKING IT INTO A TV SERIES?! SINCE WHEN?! Oh ma goodnesss!!! I really hope they make it more similar to the book because the movie did not reach my expectation.

message 21: by Reann (new)

Reann ^^^ yes! I'm so excited for the TV series because the movie was not that great but I really hope that they don't botch the whole thing with a TV series.

message 22: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 22 comments Vampire Diaries and Pretty Little Liars both are HUGE hits and i think it is do to careful casting. I mean holy crap was Jase SO SO wrong in the movie. Sometimes it pays off to hire a less talented actor who will grow into the character but with him it's like they sacrificed on ALL accounts. This site claims Liam Hemsworth auditioned, if that's true then I have no words for that mistake. Also, it claims Hunter Parrish, Chord Overstreet, Benjamin Stone and Xavier Samuel all auditioned. Every single one is amazing looks wise and most of them I've seen their acting and it's good. Benjamin Stone does look rather angelic

message 23: by Reann (new)

Reann You didn't think Jace was casted right? Oh...I loved him! I thought he was great... I do agree with you about the casting though, I didn't think Lily Collins did a very good job as Clary (like common she's barely even a redhead.) I don't also think Liam Hemsworth would've done a good job as Jace. I just hope they pick a decent cast for the TV series.

message 24: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 22 comments The guy who played Jase was a creeper and I'm sure owns a white van full of stale candy.

message 25: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 22 comments If only Jax from Sons of Anarchy was younger....Charlie Hunnam.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't really like this movie AT ALL. i thought that they totally ruined this book. the eneding didn't make any sense at all.

message 27: by Reann (new)

Reann Their making it into a TV series which I have said already but I'm excited about it so I'm saying it again. I hope they don't mess it up.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

same.

message 29: by James (new)

James (theadventurousbookreader) | 31 comments I really didn't like the movie as well and I didn't like the ending at all. Also, I hope they don't mess up the TV series adaption of this book.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

:)

message 31: by Lily (new)

Lily Same