The Nooks of Books discussion

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
This topic is about The Lightning Thief
Movies > The Lightning Thief Book Vs. Movie

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Raegan  | 1297 comments I know I was mad with the movie. How about you guys? My main thing I couldn't stand the whole time was the fact Annabeth had brown hair...put a wig on!!! lol I thought if you hadn't read the book you would think it was a pretty good movie.(Used to be my favorite movie till I kept comparing it to the book.)

Lauren Stoolfire Incredibly disappointed...I wouldn't be against a remake.

Olivia I haven't seen the movie because I don't want it to ruin my love for the books, but my friends tell me ALL about it. All of my friends who have seen the movie and read the book say "don't watch it!" and so I take their advice. :)

Raegan  | 1297 comments Olivia wrote: "I haven't seen the movie because I don't want it to ruin my love for the books, but my friends tell me ALL about it. All of my friends who have seen the movie and read the book say "don't watch it!..."

Good friends:)

beth (beth01) As a movie, I liked it. As an adap, I hated it. Did they even read the book? I mean, come on!

Christina | 1 comments Raegan wrote: "I know I was mad with the movie. How about you guys? My main thing I couldn't stand the whole time was the fact Annabeth had brown hair...put a wig on!!! lol I thought if you hadn't read the book y..."
I completely agree. I liked the second movie relatively more than the first one. I liked it if it were a stand alone movie without the book existing. But because it was based off of the book we kept comparing it to that. Which is what made it so bad.

****Kelly***** | 116 comments the sea of monsters was an improvement but not by much. it still was terrible and didn't go with the whole story of the series.

quick question: in the beginning of the sea of monsters wasn't grover already in the cyclops cave? i read it a long time ago and forget.

message 9: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M Liu (m729549) all the books were awesome
all the movies sucked so bad they should be ashamed of themselves

message 10: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M Liu (m729549) ♆Beth♆♫ᴺᵒʷ ᴵ ᶳᵖᵉᶰᵈ ᵐʸ ᵗᶤᵐᵉ˒ ᵗʰᶤᶰᵏᶤᶰᵍ 'ᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵃ ʷᵃʸ ᵃ ʷᵃʸ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵉᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵒᶠᶠ ᵐʸ ᵐᶤᶰᵈ♫ wrote: "As a movie, I liked it. As an adap, I hated it. Did they even read the book? I mean, come on!"

exactly!

Raegan  | 1297 comments M wrote: "all the books were awesome
all the movies sucked so bad they should be ashamed of themselves"

lol so true!

message 12: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M Liu (m729549) u know what makes me so mad?
that these movies r the only thing that lazy, unbookish (can't find another word), insolent ppl have as testiment to these truly amazing novels. it's like disney, except ppl haven't caught on that u shouldn't take these movie adaptions seriously. if ur going to make a movies based on a book, follow it! or else just make it a parody since ur half-way there already! but no, they don't make it a parody, and they just act like this cinemic reproduction is this big thing even though they were just translating something and making it worse! the hunger games made me so mad i wanted to throw firecrackers at the producres. y did collins ever consent?
the big screen completely sucks away the character's originality, personality, awesomeness, strength and weaknesses, and what makes them them. they usurp the author's voice, the plot arcs, and it's like they never even read the books!
u should all be ashamed of yourselfs! and for all the ppl out there who judge a book by it's movie: that's like making assumptions on real cheese based on vegan cheese!(which sucks)

****Kelly***** | 116 comments Thank you M. You have just said what everyone knew but didn't know how to put to words. On behalf of the internet i congratulate you.