The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Just finished Sinister which is a YA book, somewhere on the lines of Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl and Curveball which is a romance novel but with an amazing twist. Had fun with both.
Check out my reviews at Sinister (Sinisters #1) and Curveball

Comments and suggestions are always welcome

message 2: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Hi all. I just published a blog post on my personal blog. Do go through it and post your thoughts Relativity of Time

message 3: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Just posted a new review on Guardian of the Gauntlet. It is a Young Adult book but more like a pre teen sweet book with lots of magic and courage. An awesome read. Check out the review at Guardian of the Gauntlet

Also posted review on Wolf Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel Now this is a young adult book with werewolf and mystery. There is some twilight, some harry potter in it but it is really a nice read. Check out the review at Wolf Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel

message 4: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Hi everyone. Just finished reviewing Swan Deception by Glede Browne Kabongo . A fabulous book, a must read for anyone who loves suspense, thriller genre of books. Check out my review of Swan Deception
You can also find my Review Request Form here

message 5: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Reviewed Peril, The Legend of Sedrak by Jackie G. Mills a nice thriller suspense kind of book with a lot of adventure to it. Check out the book at Peril, The Legend of Sedrak by Jackie G. Mills

Also check out Vasu and the Matsya Temple by Rajeev Tanwar

message 6: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Tried yet another romantic novel Hidden Lakes by Melanie P. Smith and liked it. Love stories, it seems, do interest me after all. You must check it out at Hidden Lakes by Melanie P. Smith

message 7: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments An awesome Jewish murder mystery reviewed and absolutely liked Wedding Wipeout by Jacob M. Appel . No matter what the other reviewers say, I am all for the book and honestly hope another one to come out soon. Check out the book at Wedding Wipeout by Jacob M. Appel

message 8: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Childrens novels are always fun to read. Just read another one The Clockwork Mechanical by Peter R. Stone
check out my review at The Clockwork Mechanical by Peter R. Stone

message 9: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Another romance novel but can be passed Twisted Engagement by Sandi K. Whipple
Check out my review at Twisted Engagement

message 10: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments A brilliant murder mystery with a hint of romance in it Amazon Burning by Victoria Griffith
Mystery romance lovers must try it. Check out my review at Amazon Burning

message 11: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments A short story with a bit of confusion about what the story was exactly is Shadows in the Brook by Cheryl Landmark
Check out my review at Shadows in the Brook

message 12: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments A hilarious children's book The Most Ferocious of Creatures by Chris Sykes another happy book which is sure to make you chuckle at every page. Check out my review at The Most Ferocious of Creatures

message 13: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments A spell bounded psychological thriller which will keep you guessing till the very end Songs of the Maniacs by Mickey J. Corrigan its simple splendid. Check out my review at Songs of the Maniacs

message 14: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Another YA Fiction comes my way The Dragon Dreamer by J.S. Burke but it was not such an entertaining read for me. Check out my review at The Dragon Dreamer

message 15: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8608 comments Mod
Devi, please limit whatever reviews you post to mysteries, crime fiction or thrillers.

Thank you.

message 16: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments The Grandmaster's King (Ray Gordon #2) by Michael Weitz is the second in the Ray Gordon mysteries. Another brilliant work by Michael Weitz, this is a notch up from the first book. Totally awesome. check out my review at The Grandmaster's King

message 17: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Even Dead Men Play Chess by Michael Weitz is a chess based murder mystery. Do not go by the title of the book. Although the title in itself is not very catchy, the story is irresistible. A completely engrossing tale, it is a must read for all murder mystery / thriller enthusiasts. Check out my review at Even Dead Men Play Chess

message 18: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments The Return (Second Coming, #1) by Carter Vance is the first of a two part novel of the return of Jesus Christ. A wonderful thriller novel, it is a cannot-put-me-down type of book. Try my review of The Return

message 19: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Thirteen Suspects Thirteen Suspects by C.M. Okonkwo

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Check out the complete review at Thirteen Suspects

A sex filled murder mystery. The murdered victim had sexual encounters with 13 females, all of which are described in vivid details in his diary named "YOLO". The detectives investigating the murder comes across this book and thus the 13 characters are placed under suspicion.

The story is a murder mystery for the sake of saying. It is basically an erotic diary of a sex starved hostel guy.

View all my reviews

message 20: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Herbie's Diner Herbie's Diner by L. Joseph Shosty

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Check out the complete review at Herbie's Diner

It is truly a short read, just some 60 odd pages. The story starts in the middle, where Actor Johnny Hardwood, who is being a detective, is sitting at Herbie's Diner, waiting for a suspect. And then the author takes us on a journey where the action is happening, at the same time, the background is also being described wherever required.

Truly a fun read, especially just a for a couple of hours, as it gets over by then.

View all my reviews

message 21: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments The Mystery of the Blue Dolphins (A Clarissa and Paw Mini Mystery, Vol. 1) The Mystery of the Blue Dolphins by Sandra Baublitz

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Read the complete review at The Mystery of the Blue Dolphins (A Clarissa and Paw Mini Mystery, Vol. 1)

A very short murder mystery but with such an awesome punch which sometimes even a full fledged novel cannot deliver. Clarissa and Paw are absolute lovable detectives. The Saint Bernard Paw is a darling digger and Clarissa is a very intuitive owner. Together, they manage to solve a murder mystery which was considered to be a suicide at first.

View all my reviews

message 22: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Book: Petectives Christmas Party (Petectives, #2) by Robert J. Smith Petectives: Christmas Party
Genre : Mystery / Thriller / Humor / Short Story
Review: Petectives: Christmas Party - My Review
Rating: 5 Stars
A very cute detective story with a house cat as a detective. Truly interesting and short read.

message 23: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Book: Red Christmas by Carmelo Massimo Tidona Red Christmas
Genre: Murder Mystery / Crime / Detective / Thriller / Psychological Thriller / Short Story
Review: Red Christmas - My Review
Rating: 5 stars
A true thriller in just a few words. Do not miss the last line. Sends shivers down the spine

message 24: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Book: Inspector Zhang Gets His Wish by Stephen Leather Inspector Zhang Gets His Wish
Genre: Mystery / Short Story / Thriller / Detective / Crime
Review: Inspector Zhang Gets His Wish - My Review
Rating: 5 Stars
A very interesting Closed Door Murder Mystery giving due reference and honour to the greats in the industry - Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot

message 25: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Book: Perfect Crime by Jack Erickson Perfect Crime
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Short Story / Fiction / Crime / Detective
Review: Perfect Crime - My Review
A wonderful attempt at a perfect crime and beautiful detective work all in just a handful of pages. Half an hour power packed read

message 26: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Book: Frozen Past by Richard C. Hale Frozen Past
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Psychological Thriller / Detective / Crime / Young Adult / YA Romance
Review: Frozen Past - My Review
An absolutely engaging and engrossing thriller. Once you start, you can't put it down before finishing. Superb climax too

message 27: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Book: Last Straw Vengeance is not always the province of the Lord by David Rheem Jarrett Last Straw: Vengeance is not always the province of the Lord
Genre: Psychological Thriller / Murder / Crime
Rating: 5 star
Review: Last Straw: Vengeance is not always the province of the Lord - My Review
A very well written psychological thriller which questions if the wrong is actually wrong or is it circumstantial right?

message 28: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Book: Dead Ringer by Allen Wyler Dead Ringer
Genre: Thriller / Murder / Mystery / Crime / Detective
Rating: 3 starts
Review: Dead Ringer - My Review
An Average Thriller with a different concept. Like the concept, not fond of the pace unfortunately

message 29: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments The Amazing Airship Adventure by Derrick Belanger The Amazing Airship Adventure: The Macdougall Twins with Sherlock Holmes Book #1
Genre: Mystery / Adventure / Children
Rating: 3 star
Review: The Amazing Airship Adventure: The Macdougall Twins with Sherlock Holmes Book #1
Sherlock followers coming up

Shirley Link and the Safe Case (Shirley Link, #1) by Ben Zackheim Shirley Link and the Safe Case
Genre: Childrens book / Mystery
Rating: 5 star
Review: Shirley Link and the Safe Case
A sweet and nice mystery with a cute 14 yr old detective

Green Witch, Dead Witch by Renee Benzaim Green Witch, Dead Witch
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Crime / Supernatural
Rating: 3 star
Review: Green Witch, Dead Witch
A murder mystery with Witches and Magick

message 30: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments The Disappearance of Aunt Carol (A Clarissa and Paw Mini Mystery, Vol. 2) by Sandra Baublitz The Disappearance of Aunt Carol
Genre: Mystery / Thriller / Detective / Animal / Short Story / Series / Childrens book
Rating: 5 Star
Review The Disappearance of Aunt Carol
Clarissa and Paw are back with another mystery to solve. This time it is to help a friend find her Aunt. Truly remarkable yet again, the duo

Disciple (Book of Immortals, #1) by Kassandra Lynn Disciple
Genre: Fantasy / YA / Romance / Adventure / Thriller
Rating: 3 Star
Review: Disciple (Book of Immortals #1)
A different concept and interesting read

message 31: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Sunny Side Up (Lake Erie Mysteries Book 1) by Maureen K. Howard Sunny Side Up
Genre: Cozy Murder Mystery / Suspense / Adventure / Murder / Crime / Thriller
Review: Sunny Side Up
A cozy Murder Mystery to be read at leisurely pace

message 32: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Never Spoken by M.J. Owens Never Spoken
Genre: YA / New Adult / Romance / Thriller / Short Story
Rating: 5 Star
Review: Never Spoken
A love triangle in a completely different dimension

Cause of Death (Det. Annie Avants #1) by Renee Benzaim Cause of Death
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Crime / Serial Killer / Psychological Crime / Detective / Series
Review: Cause of Death (Det. Annie Avants #1)
A serial killer who kills using black widow bites and Annie Avants on his prowl

IT Can Be Dangerous by Ita Ryan IT Can Be Dangerous
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Suspense / Crime / Detective / IT
Review: IT Can Be Dangerous
A murder in an IT firm and an innocent programmer becomes suspect

message 33: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Hard Play by Kurt Douglas Hard Play
Genre: Murder / Mytery / Crime / Thriller / Detective
Review: Hard Play
A murder mystery with an unconventional detective

message 34: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Mind Me, Milady by Anne Rothman-Hicks Mind Me, Milady
Genre - Mystery / Thriller / Detective / Crime / Serial Killer
Rating - 5 Star
Review - Mind Me, Milady
The story is so gripping that it would really be impossible to keep the book down once you have started it.

message 35: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments What Lies Between by Charlena Miller What Lies Between
Genre - Mystery / Romance / Drama / Fantasy
Rating - 5 Star
Review - What Lies Between
There is nothing that would prepare you for this story. It is full of so much twists and turns that you will really be surprised when you come to end of it.

message 36: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments What Lies Between by Charlena Miller What Lies Between
Genre - Mystery / Romance / Drama / Fantasy
Rating - 5 Star
Review - What Lies Between
There is nothing that would prepare you for this story. It is full of so much twists and turns that you will really be surprised when you come to end of it.

message 37: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Dangerous Vows by Ava Parker Dangerous Vows
Genre - Mystery / Thriller / Romance / Drama
Rating - 3 Star
Review - Dangerous Vows
The overall feel of the novel was really nice. A mystery without going dark.

message 38: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments The Mystery of the Missing Bear (A Clarissa and Paw Mini Mystery, Vol. 4) by Sandra Baublitz The Mystery of the Missing Bear
Genre - YA / Children / Mystery / Suspense / Amateur Detective / Dog Detective / Short Story / Crime / Series
Rating - 5 Star
Review - The Mystery of the Missing Bear
With Clarissa and Paw, of course, you cannot help but love them for their kindness to others, protective nature and love for each other. The bond between them is truly amazing. Sandra created yet another magic with Volume 4

message 39: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) | 116 comments Use Somebody by Riley Jean Use Somebody
Genre - Romance / Mystery / Suspense / Drama / YA / YA Dark Themed / Thriller
Rating - 5 Star
Review - Use Somebody
This is a dark love story. The story is in first person and alternates between past and present at frequent intervals.