Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 81k Contemporary Romance

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (last edited Nov 06, 2014 10:53PM) (new)

Jane Kriel (janekriel) | 10 comments Hi there,

I'm hoping to have some lovely beta readers for my novel. I'm a first time writer so I'm hungry for feedback and I'm too embarrassed to show any of my friends or family because of the sex scenes and casual swearing by the bad boy hero.

I don't have a title or a nifty blurb yet (seriously, how do people reduce their huge manuscripts into cute little teasers?). However I am hoping that someone is willing to dive in blind. Be brave people!

My manuscript is a contemporary romance, although it's possibly also a little chick lit-ish. It's mostly set in London. It's not YA but some of my characters are pretty immature if that helps you.

The novel is supposed to be romantic, funny and a little sad. It is very possibly none of these things though. But I need YOU to tell me that.

This is a first draft situation so I am particularly interested in constructive feedback. I won't cry myself to sleep if you say it was too boring to finish. I need to know these things! I don't want to send it to a professional editor until I've dealt with plot holes and gaps in logic and that kind of thing.

If you are interested, then please send me an email at:
janedeekriel@gmail.com

Otherwise you can leave a post here or send me a message.

Thanks! And a second thanks to the awesome people behind this group - what a great idea.

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda Richardson | 3 comments I would love to beta read for you. Just send it to this address linda.richardson@charter.net. I will have it back to you in a week.

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane Kriel (janekriel) | 10 comments Hi Linda, I've emailed you my novel. Thank you so much for your offer!

message 4: by Jane (new)

Jane Kriel (janekriel) | 10 comments Gretchen wrote: "I would be interested in reading for you if you would like. My email is ghmhodges@outlook.com. Thanks!"

Thanks Gretchen! I've emailed you the draft!

message 5: by N (new)

N C (nc_1025) | 5 comments If you'd like I can look over your novel. You can reach me at daphnemayhastings@gmail.com. If you decide to send me a copy, an EPUB would be best.
Best Regards,
Daphne.

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane Kriel (janekriel) | 10 comments N wrote: "If you'd like I can look over your novel. You can reach me at daphnemayhastings@gmail.com. If you decide to send me a copy, an EPUB would be best.
Best Regards,
Daphne."

Hi Daphne, I've sent the draft to you by email. Thanks!!

message 7: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (decels) | 3 comments I would be interested in beta reading for you. You can send to sdecell1_047@kindle.com

message 8: by Patty (new)

Patty  curry (p2angels) | 1 comments I would love to read your novel if you want me to check it out please send to angelbaby9186@netzero.com . thanks patty

message 9: by Jane (last edited Nov 12, 2014 04:36AM) (new)

Jane Kriel (janekriel) | 10 comments Sharlene wrote: "I would be interested in beta reading for you. You can send to sdecell1_047@kindle.com"

Hi Sharlene, I was under the impression that you couldn't send a document to a kindle account unless it was from an email address already included in your Amazon settings? But I'll have a go sending the document in mobi format to that email address. Let me know if it doesn't arrive.

message 10: by Jane (new)

Jane Kriel (janekriel) | 10 comments Patty wrote: "I would love to read your novel if you want me to check it out please send to angelbaby9186@netzero.com . thanks patty"

Hi Patty, I've forwarded you the book in pdf. Please let me know if you want another format. Otherwise, happy reading (hopefully)!

message 11: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (decels) | 3 comments Laladee - I don't see it. Could you try emailing it to me instead? sjone047@gmail.com

Thanks!

message 12: by Jane (new)

Jane Kriel (janekriel) | 10 comments Sharlene wrote: "Laladee - I don't see it. Could you try emailing it to me instead? sjone047@gmail.com

Thanks!"

Hey Sharlene, I've emailed it to your personal email address in mobi and pdf. Fingers crossed you can transfer it to your kindle. Thank you so much for your help with this beta read!