Cemetery Dance Book Bunch discussion

Revival group read.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom | 62 comments Mod
I have Revival by Stephen King on order from Amazon. It is due to be released later this month. Anyone else want to do a group read of this later this month?

message 2: by Lucian (new)

Lucian Poll (lucianpoll) | 66 comments Greetings from DC! I'll be up for a read of this when I'm back in Blighty. :)

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom | 62 comments Mod
Amazon has my copy set to be delivered between November 11 -18. Looks like a dark Thanksgiving over here.

message 4: by Robert Krone (new)

Robert Krone | 31 comments I'll have my copy on the release day since I have Amazon Prime, but won't be up for reading it right away since I'm doing NaNoWri and have other books I am in the middle of reading ( The Halloween Children by Brian James Freeman and The Rising by Brian Keene mainly)

message 5: by Tom (new)

Tom | 62 comments Mod
Going to start Revival in a few minutes. Keep hearing lots of good things about this book.

message 6: by Lucian (new)

Lucian Poll (lucianpoll) | 66 comments Just over halfway and I'm rather enjoying Revival. I think Ch. 3 will linger a while in the memory - some very effective scenes therein. I'm keen to see where this is heading, but for now it's time for some shuteye.

message 7: by Tom (new)

Tom | 62 comments Mod
Yes this is soo good. I am in the middle of Jamies homecoming after the second time running in with Charles. This is an absolutely amazing read. I keep thinking about it when I am busy doing other things. Now back to the book for a bit more before I turn in.

message 8: by Tom (new)

Tom | 62 comments Mod
Done. Still trying to process this book. I really enjoyed it. Dark??? Yes but not as dark as some books I have read recently. 4 stars. Will talk more about it after your done. I will say that I did like Jamie's story. I think if I had read this book in my 20s I would not have liked it as much. More life experiences that you have the more a story like this resonates with you.

message 9: by Lucian (new)

Lucian Poll (lucianpoll) | 66 comments All done. I really liked Revival, but not so much the climax - though this may be more down to my tastes (or perhaps prejudices) than any failings of the story. I too will hang fire on anything spoilerific until we're all good, but I agree this is a nailed-on 4/5. It gets a little King-by-numbers for stretches at a time (after 50-odd novels, who'd have thunk it) but there are few authors better, certainly within the horror genre, when it comes to fleshing out characters. A very good read.

message 10: by Tom (new)

Tom | 62 comments Mod
Agree with you on the ending. It kind of reminded me of a lot of Koontz books from the mid 80s to the early 90s. Good story but Koontz couldn't end a story very well. Though Revival I think might be the book to bring back a lot of lapsed King fans.