The Galentine's Book Club discussion

Yes Please

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Layne (new)

Layne Cawthon | 13 comments Mod
okay, I'm gonna need every one of my galentine's to read this ASAP. I devoured it like Halloween candy.

message 2: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Longino | 39 comments I heard it was fantastic!! I'm working on The Maze Runner currently!

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Phillip | 3 comments I'm just starting maze runner also!

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen Nation | 13 comments I read maze runner a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it, but was super creeped out by it!

message 5: by Layne (new)

Layne Cawthon | 13 comments Mod
I'm currently on John Adams...isn't that a prequel to the maze runner?

message 6: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Williams | 19 comments I didn't love this as much as I loved Tina's. I feel like that's blasphemy.

message 7: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Longino | 39 comments Hey! It's been forever since we've discussed books. I just started The Winner's Curse, and am hooked by chapter 1. Has anyone read it?

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 9 comments I'm on the wait list for The Winner's Curse at the library, are you enjoying it?
Also, I want to read All the Light We Cannot See; I've heard wonderful things about it!

message 9: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Longino | 39 comments I'm loving the winner's curse so far! I'm only a few chapters in but it definitely has my interest. I have a pretty low tolerance for cheesy, (I couldn't stand the cheese factor in The Selection, for example) and this one seems pretty cheese free so far!

message 10: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Williams | 19 comments I love that I can still come back here to check on things before I go to the library. I just finished Where'd You Go Bernadette and Still Alice. I liked them both, but didn't LOVE either. Still Alice if you're in the mood for serious, Bernadette if you're in the mood for comedy.

message 11: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Longino | 39 comments I have a hard time making myself read anything that doesn't have some serious survival elements in it!! I picked up Bernadette because of the cover art, but haven't read it.

I am in dire need of some new good reads! One of my students bought be The Giver quartet at the book fair, so maybe I'll re-read it. I also have the maze runner series sitting on my bookshelf.

Judge me all you want, but I'm reading the twilight saga for about the 50th time. Those are the books that got me back into reading way back when, and they feel like old friends. I love them in all of their cheesiness.

Anyone read anything amazing lately?