Koontzland - Dean Koontz discussion

Relentless
This topic is about Relentless
Stand Alone Novels 2008-2020 > Relentless (Group Read - December 2014)

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 6028 comments Mod
Relentless has been selected as our December Group Read. Here is a brand new thread for discussing the book. FYI there is an older discussion thread for this book in the Stand-Alone Novel folder. Please use spoiler alerts as needed.

Relentless is one of my personal favorites. I had a really fun time reading Relentless for the first time shortly after it was published in 2009 and I have enjoyed re-reading the book. I look forward to re-reading Relentless again in the near future :-)

We hope you'll consider reading or re-reading Relentless with us. Thank You Koontzlanders!

Tracy | 528 comments Ohhh...I'm excited about this one.

Tracy wrote: "Ohhh...I'm excited about this one."

ALWAYS!!!! :-)

Paul James (pauljamesc) | 5 comments I will be reading this very soon but will add my thoughts to the group.

message 5: by E. (new) - rated it 2 stars

E. It's been several months since I've read Relentless. I read a lot of books, pretty quickly, so only those that really stand out stick with me (Intensity, Innocence, Lightening, Watchers)
so I would like to re-read this one with the group, taking it slower and enjoying the feedback of others as they read along.

Time for everyone to get their copy of Relentless! Happy December Koontzlanders!

message 7: by E. (new) - rated it 2 stars

E. Has anyone started Relentless yet? I'm finishing up King's The Talisman before I read the sequel Black House. Plan to read Relentless in between.

Tracy | 528 comments I'm going to the library to get the audio thus weekend.

I re-read Relentless this past week. I think this was my fifth or sixth time reading the book (hard to keep count). I still love the story.

Tracy | 528 comments Ugghh...I didn't get to the library. All of this shopping is getting in my way of reading.

message 11: by E. (new) - rated it 2 stars

E. I really like the first few pages, the humor in introducing the family, everyone's bizarre names. It sets a tone for the rest of the book.
World War Waxx

message 12: by E. (new) - rated it 2 stars

E. I think I'm going to like reading this story again. After the first few pages, the whole story came back to me. I'm going to read it a few chapters at a time to appreciate it more.
Just left off after Milo's restroom incident

Tracy | 528 comments E. wrote: "I think I'm going to like reading this story again. After the first few pages, the whole story came back to me. I'm going to read it a few chapters at a time to appreciate it more.
Just left off a..."

I love that part.

message 14: by Danessa (new) - added it

Danessa Stangas | 12 comments I just now saw this... Oops I'm currently reading a different dean koontz book but will read relentless next!

Danessa wrote: "I just now saw this... Oops I'm currently reading a different dean koontz book but will read relentless next!"

Which other Koontz book were/are you reading?

message 16: by Danessa (new) - added it

Danessa Stangas | 12 comments I'm reading sole survivor for the first time

message 17: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 461 comments I love Sole Survivor!!!

message 18: by Danessa (new) - added it

Danessa Stangas | 12 comments I'm almost done with it but it's been a great read so far.

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 884 comments I guess I got things out of whack because in November I read Relentless. I really like this book. Maybe some non-Koontz reader critics don't like the similarities to some of his books but I do. I love the relationships that people develop and of course any book that has a dog ... even if it's not a Golden who is more intelligent than he lets on. (and I also love the cat Mungo Jerry in the Moonlight Bay series). I am trying to get myself to add my Amazon reviews on here too.
I can't wait for Saint Odd.

You are not alone. Relentless is still one of my favorites.

Tracy | 528 comments Doing a reread of this one. A little late but I love it anyway.

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 884 comments It's also one of my favorites.

I have a hardcover of Relentless and the book under the jacket is WHITE. Typically, Dean's books are Black. Saint Odd is PURPLE. I just find this interesting.

Gotta read Relentless every year :-)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 884 comments Dustin that's how I am with Watchers. It's my fave and I need to re-read it again if not every year, every other year.

Tracy | 528 comments I read Relentless every year as well. I like to read Life Expectancy whenever possible to.

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 884 comments I also love reading Lightning over again. I know I am the rare one who actually likes to re-read What the Night Knows. There is so much I have highlighted in that book about the nature of good and evil.

Lightning, Yes. What the Night Knows, No. :-)

Tracy wrote: "I read Relentless every year as well. I like to read Life Expectancy whenever possible to."

Yes on Life Expectancy :-)

Karen B. wrote: "Dustin that's how I am with Watchers. It's my fave and I need to re-read it again if not every year, every other year."

Watchers was the very first Dean Koontz book that I read. I enjoy it more every time I have read it :-)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 884 comments Dustin, yes I feel like it was my first ... it may have actually been my second or third but it is the one that got me hooked on Koontz. My first was Strangers and I loved how you just didn't know until later what had happened to all of these "strangers".

message 32: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 461 comments I read Strangers so many times I could recite it......I have not read it in years.....maybe it's time to read again......Phantoms was my first Koontz book!!

Barbara wrote: "I read Strangers so many times I could recite it......I have not read it in years.....maybe it's time to read again......Phantoms was my first Koontz book!!"

I would be interested in Strangers. Maybe nominate it for March Group Read? :-)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 884 comments can we nominate more than one? Then I would like to nominate Strangers

message 35: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 461 comments I have Strangers so that's easy for me!! ;D