Dreamspinner Press discussion

79 views
Meet the Author > Meet Andrew Grey

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
Meet Andrew Grey, author of "A Chaotic Range" this Saturday, November 8th from 2-4pm Eastern/11am-1pm Pacific right here!

"A Chaotic Range":
http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...

Andrew Grey:
http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...


message 2: by Dreamer80 (new)

Dreamer80 | 135 comments Can't wait!!!


message 3: by Enid (new)

Enid (enidgisella) | 1 comments Awesome!!


message 4: by Andrew (last edited Nov 08, 2014 10:56AM) (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Hello everyone. Its Andrew Grey and I'm going to spend the next few hours with you. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I will try to answer them.

Now for a little business. Don't worry, its great. I have a special chat coupon code that will get you 25% off on my titles at Dreamspinner today and tomorrow.
Grey1108
Its case sensitive.

My latest release is A Chaotic Range. A Chaotic Range

Now let's get on with the fun.


message 5: by LoveMeHard (new)

LoveMeHard | 34 comments hi Andrew!! Glad to have you back <3


message 6: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Its good to be here


message 7: by LoveMeHard (new)

LoveMeHard | 34 comments Congratulations for your new release:) I can't wait to read it:))
Where do you take your ideas for the Range series? Do you like horses?


message 8: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Babybarlow wrote: "Congratulations for your new release:) I can't wait to read it:))
Where do you take your ideas for the Range series? Do you like horses?"


I love horses. I used to work at a stables in high school. I rode some and mostly did alot of the work. The ideas for the stories come from many places. The one for Chaotic Range came form a conversation with a friend.


message 9: by Denise (new)

Denise Dechene | 20 comments Hi Andrew, Congratulations on the release of Chaotic Range


message 10: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Denise wrote: "Hi Andrew, Congratulations on the release of Chaotic Range"

Thank you so much. I'm really excited about it. I loved writing winter, especially in the heat of summer. It was very refreshing. :)


message 11: by Denise (new)

Denise Dechene | 20 comments Where do the ideas for your characters come from, are they from everyday people, people you know?


message 12: by LoveMeHard (new)

LoveMeHard | 34 comments Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Congratulations for your new release:) I can't wait to read it:))
Where do you take your ideas for the Range series? Do you like horses?"

I love horses. I used to work at a sta..."

Really? Tell us more, please:)


message 13: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments I get asked that question alot and I rarely use real people. There are a few exceptions. Mostly I pull them from my demented brain where all these people live somehow. :)

Sometimes my head gets really crowded


message 14: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Babybarlow wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Congratulations for your new release:) I can't wait to read it:))
Where do you take your ideas for the Range series? Do you like horses?"

I love horses. I used t..."


At a writer's retreat we started talking plots and westerns and she and I worked through the idea for this one, especially the blizzard scenes.


message 15: by Denise (last edited Nov 08, 2014 11:09AM) (new)

Denise Dechene | 20 comments I know you have a few series, which one would you like to see come to life either as a movie or TV series?


message 16: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Denise wrote: "I know you have a few series, which one would you like to see come to life either as TV series?"

I think the Love Means... series. Either that or the Taste of Love series.


message 17: by Denise (new)

Denise Dechene | 20 comments Which of your books is your favorite and which is one you don't like so much?


message 18: by LoveMeHard (new)

LoveMeHard | 34 comments Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Congratulations for your new release:) I can't wait to read it:))
Where do you take your ideas for the Range series? Do you like horses?"

I lov..."

Having friends that can help with some ideas, it's always a great thing.


message 19: by Jules (new)

Jules Lovesbooks (juleslovesbooks) | 206 comments Hello sir! Glad to see you're back on the range!


message 20: by LoveMeHard (new)

LoveMeHard | 34 comments My favourity series of yours is Love comes..
Are you going to write book five or..?


message 21: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Denise wrote: "Which of your books is your favorite and which is one you don't like so much?"

Its hard to say. They're like my children. When I'm writing them they're all my favorite. If I had to say which one I wished it was better, it would be some of my earlier ones only because I know so much more now.


message 22: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Babybarlow wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Congratulations for your new release:) I can't wait to read it:))
Where do you take your ideas for the Range series? Do you like ..."


It really is. I have a plotting group that meets once a month and we discuss ideas. Its really a great help.


message 23: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Juliana wrote: "Hello sir! Glad to see you're back on the range!"

Me too! It was like coming home in a way


message 24: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Babybarlow wrote: "My favourity series of yours is Love comes..
Are you going to write book five or..?"


I'm thinking of it. I need to come up with a story. The next character will be deaf.


message 25: by Denise (new)

Denise Dechene | 20 comments I know you have been writing YA, which one is harder to write and why?


message 26: by Kangaroostuff (new)

Kangaroostuff | 10 comments I always enjoy hearing about an author's writing life. are you one who has to have a daily word count goal? Or do you write at a particular time of day?


message 27: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Denise wrote: "I know you have been writing YA, which one is harder to write and why?"

The YA stories are harder because I have to be more careful. But I like them because the emotions are purer.


message 28: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Kangaroostuff wrote: "I always enjoy hearing about an author's writing life. are you one who has to have a daily word count goal? Or do you write at a particular time of day?"

Both I write in the morning and afternoon usually. I have a daily word count goal. Today is 3000 words. I already have 1500.


message 29: by LoveMeHard (new)

LoveMeHard | 34 comments Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "My favourity series of yours is Love comes..
Are you going to write book five or..?"

I'm thinking of it. I need to come up with a story. The next character will be deaf."


I was really hoping for that one. One of my close friends is deaf and she was really hoping for it. She'll be very happy about it:=)


message 30: by LoveMeHard (new)

LoveMeHard | 34 comments Do you have a particular place where you like to spend your spare time if you're not writing?


message 31: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Babybarlow wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "My favourity series of yours is Love comes..
Are you going to write book five or..?"

I'm thinking of it. I need to come up with a story. The next character will..."


Now I have to develop the story. It will come though!


message 32: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Babybarlow wrote: "Do you have a particular place where you like to spend your spare time if you're not writing?"

I take a cruise one a year and try to get away form everything. Dominic and I are leaving next weekend. Sun and warmth always recharge my batteries.


message 33: by LoveMeHard (new)

LoveMeHard | 34 comments Lots of your books are always audiobooks. What do you think about it? Are you a fan of audiobooks in general?


message 34: by LoveMeHard (new)

LoveMeHard | 34 comments Lots of your books are always audiobooks. What do you think about it? Are you a fan of audiobooks in general?


message 35: by LoveMeHard (new)

LoveMeHard | 34 comments Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "My favourity series of yours is Love comes..
Are you going to write book five or..?"

I'm thinking of it. I need to come up with a story. The ..."


<3 <3


message 36: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Babybarlow wrote: "Lots of your books are always audiobooks. What do you think about it? Are you a fan of audiobooks in general?"

Yes. U am the audio book coordinator for Dreamspinner, so I spend alot of time wit them. I think they're pretty awesome.


message 37: by LoveMeHard (new)

LoveMeHard | 34 comments Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Do you have a particular place where you like to spend your spare time if you're not writing?"

I take a cruise one a year and try to get away form everything. Dominic and I are..."


Really? That's great. Where are you guys going? Do you prefer to stay in the States or...?


message 38: by Kangaroostuff (new)

Kangaroostuff | 10 comments In thinking about my favorite series, I realize I love them all! Your writing always draws me into the family and makes me feel at home and immersed in the story. So, my favorite is the one with the newest release, I suppose. I've begun A Chaotic Range and am living with the cowboys right now. Thank you!


message 39: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Babybarlow wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Do you have a particular place where you like to spend your spare time if you're not writing?"

I take a cruise one a year and try to get away form everything. Do..."


We go to the Caribbean


message 40: by LoveMeHard (new)

LoveMeHard | 34 comments Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Lots of your books are always audiobooks. What do you think about it? Are you a fan of audiobooks in general?"

Yes. U am the audio book coordinator for Dreamspinner, so I spend..."

Do you choose personally the narrator for all your books?


message 41: by Denise (new)

Denise Dechene | 20 comments What do you read? Would you like to corroborate with an other author?


message 42: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Kangaroostuff wrote: "In thinking about my favorite series, I realize I love them all! Your writing always draws me into the family and makes me feel at home and immersed in the story. So, my favorite is the one with th..."
.
I'm glad you're enjoying them. I started a couple of other cowboy series. The first book in one is Eastern Cowboy. It will release in March.

I also have Saving Faithless Creek for June.


message 43: by LoveMeHard (new)

LoveMeHard | 34 comments Andrew wrote: "Kangaroostuff wrote: "In thinking about my favorite series, I realize I love them all! Your writing always draws me into the family and makes me feel at home and immersed in the story. So, my favor..."

That's great!!!


message 44: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Babybarlow wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Lots of your books are always audiobooks. What do you think about it? Are you a fan of audiobooks in general?"

Yes. U am the audio book coordinator for Dreamspin..."


Generally I do. I pick people I'd like to listen too.


message 45: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Denise wrote: "What do you read? Would you like to corroborate with an other author?"

I don't get much time to read and if I were to collaborate with another author it would be Mary Calmes. She's a great friend.


message 46: by LoveMeHard (new)

LoveMeHard | 34 comments Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Do you have a particular place where you like to spend your spare time if you're not writing?"

I take a cruise one a year and try to get away f..."


Nice!!! Have you ever been in Europe?


message 47: by Denise (new)

Denise Dechene | 20 comments Andrew wrote: "Denise wrote: "What do you read? Would you like to corroborate with an other author?"

I don't get much time to read and if I were to collaborate with another author it would be Mary Calmes. She'..."


Great taste I love her writing as well.


message 48: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Babybarlow wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Babybarlow wrote: "Do you have a particular place where you like to spend your spare time if you're not writing?"

I take a cruise one a year and tr..."


Yes. I have been to Europe 3 times and lived in The Netherlands for 5 months.


message 49: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Grey (andrewgrey) | 156 comments Denise wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Denise wrote: "What do you read? Would you like to corroborate with an other author?"

I don't get much time to read and if I were to collaborate with another author it would be Mar..."


She's a sweet person. I love her to pieces. She and Amy are my writing sisters.


message 50: by Kangaroostuff (new)

Kangaroostuff | 10 comments Since it's November, I've been looking in on NaNoWriMo. Have you ever participated in that? I find it inspiring to see so much activity, but I also don't like to follow anyone else's "rules" about writing.


« previous 1 3
back to top