Bodacious Book Buddies discussion

Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1)
This topic is about Hex Hall
Let's discuss Hex Hall

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Savannah (vannah09) Hey everyone,
Let's discuss Hex Hall! Anxious to see what everyone has to say (likes and dislikes)!

message 2: by Katy (last edited Nov 10, 2014 03:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) I've only read the prologue and the first 2 chapters so far but those have been so funny! I had to make myself stop reading because I was staying up way too late (or to be honest, too early - it's 6:35 a.m. here right now!)

Savannah (vannah09) Haha sounds like me! I have to choose my reading times/locations wisely, because if it's a good book, I get so lost in it!

message 4: by Katy (last edited Nov 10, 2014 03:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) IKR? I have a habit of reading right before bed, which is likely why my bedtime is right around the time most "normal" people are waking...FTR I didn't stop reading the night I started this. I also had to finish a chapter in Unwind too! LOL

message 5: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Pawlowski (jpsabresfan78) I am liking it so far!

Katy H (the_other_katy) I'm not done (obviously) but I thought it was funny that Hex Hall and Before I Fall both have "Elodie"/Elody" character names, respectively. Also, I make mention of strange things and am just generally weird. Sorry!

Savannah (vannah09) I actually really liked this book, and am already starting on the sequel.

I thought the writing level was a little low, but the overall character development and story were on pointe! :D

I think that I have to say I enjoy Jenna's character, and can't wait to see the development in Demonglass

Katy H (the_other_katy) @ Sia: Yay! I'm not a total loner/nerd!

@ Savannah/all: I loved it! As little thought processing as possible was nice since I was up apparently trying to cough up a lung if I should lie down (Heaven forbid, right?) all night and it was still funny/mysterious(?) enough to hold my interest through to the end. I started Demonglass too! I dig the Sophie/Jenna dynamic and Sophie's general sarcastic/sardonic-ness. Demonglass certainly has some new and interesting ideas about demons so far.

Savannah (vannah09) :D Exactly! Sometimes it's nice to read an "easier" book for a change! A nice breather! Especially when you're sick!

message 10: by Katy (last edited Nov 27, 2014 09:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) I couldn't agree more and considering the fact that I tend to be sick a LOT; that probably explains my preference for YA books...

P.S. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! =)

Savannah (vannah09) :D I'm the same way, I have such a weak immune system.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you TOO!

message 12: by Katy (last edited Nov 28, 2014 03:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) Ugh, me too! Well, technically I have a highly overly active immune system (it will literally attack itself if there's nothing else around) and have been taking immunosuppressive medication for almost 20 years...yeesh, I'm old! In any case, the result is a super weak immune system. Great plan, huh? Most doctors are at least a little bit stupid IMO, but I'm probably biased.

Thank you, Savannah! I hope everyone had a great day! =)

Savannah (vannah09) Haha I feel the same way about 'em... I've dealt with too many

You're welcome! I know I did, hope everyone else did as well!

message 14: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) I'm really sorry about that! =( I never even minded going to doctor's appointments as a kid, but having so many has made me positively hate them now. The appointments, not the doctors - in most cases, anyway.

That has very little to do with Hex Hall though. LOL Just me whining...sorry y'all!

Savannah (vannah09) Hahaha I get off track too easily, so it was my fault too! :D

Wendy (wmaresca) I really liked the book I gave it 5 stars. I am excited to start second book in series but I am going to try and hold out until Thorpe end of the month.

Savannah (vannah09) Hahaha I couldn't wait...

message 18: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) You have more willpower than I do, Wendy. I'm already halfway through the 3rd book! Oh well, @ least that's good news for my Series Challenge tally...

Savannah (vannah09) Haha same here Kathy!